Dunkin' Donuts

Started by Caldor1999, May 27, 2005, 01:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudsons81

1996 photo of what was then one of two Dunkin Donuts locations in Lincoln Park, Michigan. It is now Bread Basket Deli, the buildings in the background were demolished in 2007 for a strip mall. Picture courtesy of the Downriver Things Flickr page.

The other Lincoln Park Dunkin Donuts location, a Baskin-Robbins combo at the other end of the city, is still in operation.

farmingtonvalleymall

I was playing around with the Dunkin app the other day and counted 51 DD locations within 12 miles of me (Connecticut). Is there any kind of chain store with more saturation than that?

Chuck E. Cheese

^ Sleepy's? I seem to see them a lot.

Ameskid

There are 31 Kroger locations within 13 miles of me.  Not quite as thick on the ground as Dunkin Donuts around your area, but still pretty significant for a chain grocery store.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

farmingtonvalleymall

I did a new search centered over New Britain, CT and came up with 96 DD locations within 9 miles.  :o

JSIDA17

They just built a brand new Dunkin' in Thompson, CT right at the bottom of the hill to the school. I don't think I've seen so many cars in the drive thru at Dunkin' Donuts before!

giantsfan2016

2 drive-thru only locations opened in Bristol, Connecticut this year. Both were former Whole Donut locations. Including 2 at Bristol Hospital and 2 in each of the 2 Stop & Shop and one at Lake Compounce Amusement Park this brings a total of 13 Dunkin in Bristol, Connecticut.

Zayre88

Dunkin' Donuts has almost vanished from Canada.  4 locations are still open in Canada (all in Quebec).

In Quebec alone, there used to be 281 locations!  In 2011 that number was around 30 shops and today only 4 locations remain.

Tim Hortons expanded a lot over the years eating market shares from Dunkin.  Dunkin'Donuts is also to blame because they did not renew the concept in Canada and has failed with its marketing strategies or the lack thereof.

http://www.dunkindonuts.ca/en/

giantsfan2016

Does anyone have the Dunkin App for their Smart Phone? I downloaded it to my new LG Optimus Zone 3 and the app keeps crashing on me. It says "Dunkin has stopped. Report or Ok."

retailisking

Interesting backstory about how the deal got done
http://www.mainebiz.biz/article/20170313/NEWS01/170319984

giantsfan2016

NJxxJon

Quote from: giantsfan2016 on February 15, 2017, 08:59:53 PM
Does anyone have the Dunkin App for their Smart Phone? I downloaded it to my new LG Optimus Zone 3 and the app keeps crashing on me. It says "Dunkin has stopped. Report or Ok."

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-clear-app-cache-and-app-data-in-android-6-0-marshmallow/

Try that then LOG BACK IN your DD app
JN

Bdubs

Quote from: retailisking on March 14, 2017, 10:39:36 PM

Tim Horton's had a similar situation in CT. The buildings they owned, they wouldn't sell to DDs. Well, here in CT the only damn coffee chain left is DD, so there they sit. Empty. There are still, quite a few to this day, still sitting vacant. In prime locations, too.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Bdubs on March 27, 2017, 07:29:52 PM
Quote from: retailisking on March 14, 2017, 10:39:36 PM

Tim Horton's had a similar situation in CT. The buildings they owned, they wouldn't sell to DDs. Well, here in CT the only damn coffee chain left is DD, so there they sit. Empty. There are still, quite a few to this day, still sitting vacant. In prime locations, too.

What happened to Whole Donut? I loved the East Hartford, which was in the Comstock Building. I used to go there before work...

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JimSawhill on March 28, 2017, 10:09:46 PM
What happened to Whole Donut? I loved the East Hartford, which was in the Comstock Building. I used to go there before work...

Plainville closed 10 years ago (or more). The 2 in Bristol sold to Dunkin' and became drive-thru only locations bringing the number of Dunkin' in Bristol to 13 which includes 2 in the hospital, 1 in each of the two Stop & Shops, and 1 at Lake Compounce.  2 are also inside gas stations in Bristol. (Mobil near ESPN and Valero on the corner of 6 and Stafford near Stephen Auto Mall). Terryville may have sold to Dunkin' too. I think Berlin and Canton are still open. I can't tell you any more than that.

giantsfan2016

Saw this on the FB page of one of the news stations in Boston.

Dunkin's is suing the owner of an independent shop in North Attleboro for copy write infringement. Dunkin's slogan is "America Runs on Dunkin". The independent shop is using the slogan "North Attleboro runs on Mike's".

giantsfan2016

I was at the Dunkin' Donuts at 790 West Street in Southington today - next to the Marriott Residence Inn. The inside was laid out weird, had fake wood flooring in part of the restaurant, weird seats, and it was painted orange. Weird mix of music too. It's nicer than a couple of the others I have been to.

JJBers

Quote from: XISMZERO on January 10, 2008, 12:16:55 PM
NORWICH, CT on Church St. & Main Street. It's currently vacant. Taken on 11-4-2007.

It's been here since the 1960s, probably remodeled last in the late 70s, roof was repainted probably sometime in the 90s. It's a tiny store!
One decade later, and it's still vacant. Jesus, this one looks like it really needs to be taken down. Here's all the photos
Front of the building

Abandoned Dunkin Donuts (Norwich, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
The sign

Abandoned Dunkin Donuts (Norwich, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
While I'm posting, here's the Brookyln, CT Dunkin Donuts, but this one might be also going soon, since there's a new one that's about to open across the street from the new(ish) Wal-Mart.
Here's the front

Brooklyn, Connecticut by JJBers, on Flickr
And the sign

My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

JJBers

Quote from: JJBers on October 10, 2017, 08:09:19 PM
While I'm posting, here's the Brookyln, CT Dunkin Donuts, but this one might be also going soon, since there's a new one that's about to open across the street from the new(ish) Wal-Mart.
Here's the front

And the sign

And it's over, the new one has opened about a week ago (according to my mom, who works in Danielson), and the old one is now vacant. Here's the new one first:

Dunkin' Donuts (Brooklyn, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
I actually went in, and it looks much nicer than the old one. I bought a couple of donuts and left afterwards to continue to the old one down the street.

And now the old vacant one:

Closed Dunkin Donuts (Brooklyn, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
And the empty sign:

Along with two in downtown Norwich, this is the third abandoned Dunkin' Donuts in 15 miles of me. There's in total about 14 open in that same distance.
My Flickr

JJBers

Also here's the Dayville, CT Dunkin Donuts:

Dunkin Donuts (Dayville, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
And it's former one compared from 2009 to now:

Dunkin Donuts at Hartford Pike; Dayville, CT by The Caldor Rainbow, on Flickr
Today:

Gulf (Dayville, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr

Old Sign (Dayville, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
My Flickr

JJBers

Here is this old and tiny sign in Colchester, CT:

CT 85 by JJBers, on Flickr
My Flickr

JJBers

Quote from: JJBers on October 31, 2017, 12:13:01 AM
Quote from: JJBers on October 10, 2017, 08:09:19 PM
Here's the front

And the sign

And now the old vacant one:

And the empty sign:

Along with two in downtown Norwich, this is the third abandoned Dunkin' Donuts in 15 miles of me. There's in total about 14 open in that same distance.
I deicied to take a couple more photos of that location, and now a album for it on my Flickr
My Flickr