d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

naugatuck ct on the way to mt. view plaza

d_fife

old sign of dunkin donuts danbury ct near the wal-mart

d_fife

the one in central valley ny (near monroe and harriman)

d_fife

dunkin donuts in new city ny

d_fife

the one in danbury ct on white st

d_fife

dunkin donuts in westbrook me

d_fife

dunkin donuts in tilton nh

d_fife

dunkin donuts in merideth nh

d_fife

dunkin donuts laconia nh

d_fife

d_fife

dunkin donuts in berwick me

d_fife

dunkin donuts in saco me

d_fife

d_fife

the one in newport me (Palmyra)

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

dunkin in brewer me past applebee's

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
dunkin d machais me

dunkin machais me

d_fife

d_fife

Marc82

Plainville, Connecticut is about to get their 4th Dunkin Donuts. They already have two on Route 10 one near GE and a new one near the now-defunct Club 290 (that replaced a mom & pop operator). The third is at the corner of New Britain Avenue and Cook Street co-located with a Citgo Gas Station. The 4th is currently under construction and will be co-loacted with an Exxon Gas Station at the corner of North Washington Street and Camp Street.  (not far from the Exit 1 Off Ramp).

I said to my buddy who lives on South Washington Street not far from the Dunkin Donuts under construction on North Washington "How many donuts/coffee stores do they need in a town with a population of about 18,000 people? 4 Dunkin Donuts, an independent place across from Parsons Buick called Donut World, a Tim Horton's opening soon next to Walgreens, and a Starbucks Coffee Shop in the Big Y Plaza.":bigsmile:

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Plainville, Connecticut is about to get their 4th Dunkin Donuts. They already have two on Route 10 one near GE and a new one near the now-defunct Club 290 (that replaced a mom & pop operator). The third is at the corner of New Britain Avenue and Cook Street co-located with a Citgo Gas Station. The 4th is currently under construction and will be co-loacted with an Exxon Gas Station at the corner of North Washington Street and Camp Street.  (not far from the Exit 1 Off Ramp).

I said to my buddy who lives on South Washington Street not far from the Dunkin Donuts under construction on North Washington "How many donuts/coffee stores do they need in a town with a population of about 18,000 people? 4 Dunkin Donuts, an independent place across from Parsons Buick called Donut World, a Tim Horton's opening soon next to Walgreens, and a Starbucks Coffee Shop in the Big Y Plaza.":bigsmile:

I live nearby in Farmington and I agree it's ridiculous. Dunkin' Donuts are overmalling like crazy and Bristol is just one town it's overrun in.

I'm glad that awful Club 290 is gone - what a horrible idea from the start (a dance club in the nowheres of Plainville?!). The former Mandarin Restaurant it replaced was near and dear to me since childhood so I never wanted to see it go. Almost seems like that property is just becoming unable to appear attractive nowadays. I'm thinking maybe a 7-11 or Hess Express would do well there though (seeing as Exxon/Mobil practically boxes in the gas station market for that area of Rt. 10)...

As for Donut World... they get good local business. They are, however, just as or more expensive than The Whole Donut and Dunkin' Donuts. I believe they'll hold up for now.

I'm eagerly awaiting the opening of our first local Tim Horton's. Never wanted to go to Meriden to try their stuff. They'll be getting my business (even though DD does on a daily basis)...

Hey Marc (or anyone else), got any good ideas on what could house themselves on the former Krispy Kreme property on the Berlin Turnpike? A Hess Express would be nice there I'm thinking...
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr