Dunkin' Donuts

Started by Caldor1999, May 27, 2005, 01:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
A new DD is supposedly gonna be built on Queen Street in Southington near Agave Mexican Restaurant and the RED CARPET INN (that was once a Howard Johnson and later Red Roof Inn and Travel Lodge). The site was most recently home to Mitchel's Used Car Superstore.

Update. The town of Southington has approved GAD's application to build the new DD.

FearlessSwan

Stamford, CT. Originally a Mister Donut.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by FearlessSwan
Boston Post Rd. Milford, CT

This one, across from the (Westfield) Connecticut Post Mall, was completely demolished last year. I remember seeing it in 2006 -- it was a real oldie like shown in the picture. A brand new one stands in its place today.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

CTAmeshopper

for some odd reason that looks like the coolest Subway sign I've ever seen.

theres something so cool about extra tall skinny sign posts.:cool:

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
Seaside NJ has one RIGHT ON THE BOARDWALK....in the middle too. Its friggin weird. :bigsmile:

There is also a Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ. I like to get an iced coffee or ice cream cone when I go there every summer. This year I'm going in mid-August. I even have a beach house down there :bounce:

NJxxJon

Why are the killing the walmart to MAKE A SUPERCENTER?....Damn south jersey sucks anymore.
JN

Marc82

Dunkin' Donuts in the New Brite Plaza in downtown New Britain, CT. You should see the inside. There's a take out window right inside the front door for the late night crowds. (Didn't take a pic of it). Pic taken 10/21/08.

Mobil

These are all the other establishments Dunkin' has or had stores in. I will provide locations for the unusual cases:
Wal-Mart (many of them now, but usually they have replaced other restaurants that closed)
The Home Depot (some of these now have them, none near me)
Bradlees (some of them, starting in 1993)
Stop & Shop
Mobil/LUKOIL (Exton, PA, and the former Mobil which is now unbranded at Rt. 30 and 52nd St in Philadelphia)
Amoco/BP (Frazer PA, West Chester PA, and more)
Getty (New Castle, DE)
Texaco/Shell (Swedesboro, NJ)
Sunoco (Plymouth Meeting, PA)
Riggins (Egg Harbor, NJ)
Hess (Gap, PA)
Baskin-Robbins

The freestanding one in Bryn Mawr, PA recently closed and is now a bank of some sort. Odd because they have also been expanding in the area lately.

Marc82

The Dunkin Donuts inside The Super Stop and Shop on West Main Street in New Britain closed for good last Wednesday January 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmesNewington

The Dunkin Donuts inside The Super Stop and Shop on West Main Street in New Britain closed for good last Wednesday January 7th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think they'll replace it with a regular snack bar?

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington

There was a sign that says they're looking at ways to provide coffee to its customers in the future. For the time being they have a table set up with free coffee.

jmcnamara96

my mom worked at difert dunkins for the past 20 years
Lowell Mass 1982-1984
Manchester NH 1985-1987
Lounderrry NH 1991-2005
Lounderry NH 2005-2007
Hudson NH September 2008-December 2008

Mobil

The Dunkin' near me is in a former Mobil station. A very small Mobil station that is. It shares the building with Rita's Water Ice.

momof3

They opened a Dunkin Donuts inside the Valario gas station in Newington.  Previuosly they had a food area with pizza and chicken and stuff.  The DD is always busy when i am there .

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
These are all the other establishments Dunkin' has or had stores in. I will provide locations for the unusual cases:
Wal-Mart (many of them now, but usually they have replaced other restaurants that closed)
The Home Depot (some of these now have them, none near me)
Bradlees (some of them, starting in 1993)
Stop & Shop
Mobil/LUKOIL (Exton, PA, and the former Mobil which is now unbranded at Rt. 30 and 52nd St in Philadelphia)
Amoco/BP (Frazer PA, West Chester PA, and more)
Getty (New Castle, DE)
Texaco/Shell (Swedesboro, NJ)
Sunoco (Plymouth Meeting, PA)
Riggins (Egg Harbor, NJ)
Hess (Gap, PA)
Baskin-Robbins

The freestanding one in Bryn Mawr, PA recently closed and is now a bank of some sort. Odd because they have also been expanding in the area lately.

The Shell in Lindenwold, NJ has a Dunkin' Donuts, too. It used to be a Texaco station.

Marc82

Dunkin Donuts Queen Street Southington, CT corner of Aircraft Road across from the Queen Plaza.  I hear from reliable sources this place is unsanitary inside. Pic taken today 2/21/09. Pic taken from my car parked at Queen Plaza.

Marc82

New Dunkin Donuts under construction on Queen Street in Southington across the street from Price Chopper. Pic taken today 2/23/09. Pic taken from side parking lot of Price Chopper.

Marc82

New Dunkin Donuts under construction on Queen Street in Southington across the street from Price Chopper. Pic taken today 2/23/09. Pic taken from side parking lot of Price Chopper.

momof3

Marc, Are they converting something to the Queen st DD? Or is it a new building????

Marc82

Brand new building.  They demolished a car lot that had been there since the 70s. I remember it as Queen Street Auto and later Southington Daewoo (it was owned by the Chevy dealership across the street), and most recently it was Mitchell Used Cars. It's was vacant for 3 or 4 years. Mitchell wasn't there that long. Mitchell Used Cars part of the Mitchell Auto Group which has dealerships in the Avon/Simsbury area.

momof3

Oh Ok I can picture it now, it looked a bit like where the diner is becasue of the hill in the back, or what looks like the big hill.  

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
The Dunkin' near me is in a former Mobil station. A very small Mobil station that is. It shares the building with Rita's Water Ice.

There is a Mobil station (with Dunkin Donuts inside it) in Hoosick, NY (on Route 7) - well, the Mobil part shut down about 1 1/2 or 2 years ago, but the DD is still open!

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington

this is probably becoming a Starbucks, like all new S&S have

wwefan101

dds new  walffle sandwich is good

videogamer75

I've been meaning to try it, it looks good. I had their bacon/egg beakfast sandwich once.

wwefan101

the wallfle one with sauage is good  as  well im luckey all i have todo is to walk out the fount door acrose the parking lot and end up at a  gulf station with  dd :D

Mervyns

Instead of opening so many new stores like they have been, they should upgrade their old and outdated ones. The ones with the shingles are looking dilapidated.

wwefan101

yea   mervyns i agree  we have 4 in town  but all 4 are in great shape 2 are  with in 2 mins of each other        i know the one in oxford ma needs to move  its danjouse geting in and out of it  and  now  they got yellow sticks keepng pepole from turining in from one side or takeing a left out of it

Zayre88

Our local Dunkin' Donuts closed last fall and is being replaced by an A&W.

wwefan101

sweet  it looks beter that way then a dd