Shaw's (Connecticut Locations)

Started by M.R.CALDOR, November 04, 2014, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.R.CALDOR

I know that Shaw's is still in business in other states but all of the Connecticut stores are gone and have either become a Stop & Shop or Shop Rite, or in the case of the New Britain location sit vacant. Here are some photos I took just today of the New Britain location.

ynkeesfn82

I worked at Shaw's in Bristol from October 01 until the end of August 04 when I transferred to the Southington store where I worked until May 2006. I liked working at the Southington store better than the Bristol store, mostly because most of my co-workers were nicer.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on November 05, 2014, 12:07:42 PM
I remember the Southington store, we rarely went there though as we lived in New Britain at the time, from what I remember, it was a beautiful store, My cousin worked at the short lived East Hampton location for a while, did either of the locations you worked at have a Krispy Kreme?

Yes they both did. Once while working in Souithington a co-worker dared me to eat a half dozen at once and I did it. - I was sick for the rest of my shift, but I did it.   ;D

BillyGr

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on November 05, 2014, 02:17:02 PM
;D I haven't had a Krispy Kreme donut in yeons, I think the last one in Connecticut was on the Berlin Turnpike, but it has since closed and opened up as a hospital of all things (probably to treat everyone who got dared, lol), it's all Dunkin', Dunkin' Dunkin' now, I miss Krispy Kreme, the fact that both Shaw's and KK are out of Connecticut makes me want to move out of state, Connecticut isn't Connecticut anymore.

If you're looking for one, they still list Mohegan Sun as having a Krispy Kreme store - that is the only one listed in CT.
Beyond that the next two closest are in NYC (Penn Station) and one (and only) in NJ.