Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines

Started by Hudsons81, October 22, 2014, 11:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudsons81

I would like to hear what you think of these Coca-Cola Freestyle machines. I haven't even seen one in person, but I do know the Burger King at Telegraph and Van Born in Taylor, Michigan has them and got them in a remodel a year back. I have heard stores of long lines resulting from customer unfamiliarity and even those of how the pop in these machines tastes very weirdly. Will Pepsi do the same thing one day or will these machines eventually become a failure if enough customers complain?

ynkeesfn82

They got one at the Queen Street Burger King in Southington, CT when they remodeled it 2 years ago. (Wow, it's been 2 years already). And Moe's Southwest Grill on Queen Street in Southington has one too. The last time I went to the BK on North Main Street in Bristol, CT they did not have the Coke Free-Style machine.

I first heard about the Coke Free-Style Machine on a documentary about Coke that aired on CNBC in 2009.

TheFugitive

They have been here in Pittsburgh for a couple of years now.   First at Wendy's, now at
Burger King too.

Can't give you a first-hand report as in an effort to ward off diabetes I gave up drinking
pop several years ago.

Very cool looking machines though.  I bet the mechanics and the software are quite sophisticated.
Not like the Flintstones arrangement I had at my snack bar at Hills.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TheFugitive on October 23, 2014, 10:50:30 AM
They have been here in Pittsburgh for a couple of years now.   First at Wendy's, now at
Burger King too.

Wait. They have it at Wendy's in your area? You mean they have it so customers can get their own sodas? The two Wendy's near me - Southington, CT (where I live) and Bristol, CT (next to my work) have the old style soda dispensers and the employees have to give customers their soda.

BillyGr

They have Zero and Diet varieties you can try without sugar.  At least the one I saw at Moe's did.

Quote from: TheFugitive on October 23, 2014, 10:50:30 AM
Burger King too.

Can't give you a first-hand report as in an effort to ward off diabetes I gave up drinking
pop several years ago.

Very cool looking machines though.  I bet the mechanics and the software are quite sophisticated.
Not like the Flintstones arrangement I had at my snack bar at Hills.

TheFugitive

I don't do diet pop either.  The artificial sweeteners are even worse for you
than the sugar.

Yes, there are Wendy's here where the freestyle machine is self-serve and you can
walk up and put together your customized blend of Ginger-Cherry-Slice.

david121

I think they are pretty cool, and I don't mind them. I wish they were everywhere but when at a sit-down restaurant (not fast food) and they have it, it can be confusing or the waiter/waitress.

MikeRa

I've seen them at select Burger King locations in the Philadelphia area, Walgreens at 1 south Broad Street, in Philadelphia, Pa, and at AMC Marlton 8 Theatres, in Marlton, NJ, and I love the machines.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

buzz86us

Wish burger king here had one of those around here it is just 5 guys, and Moe's

Bdubs

Five Guys, Burger King, and Burger Fi in Manchester, CT have the freestyle machines. I really haven't looked to see if there are any flavor differences between the restaurants. I do find it strange that Mr. Pibb can only be found in the fountain machines around here.

Ameskid

I've seen them in multiple places: Firehouse Subs, Five Guys, Moe's Southwest Grill, and even a newly remodeled Wendy's.

I want to like them, but nothing that comes out of them seems to taste that good to me.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Hudsons81

Quote from: muppethammer26 on November 16, 2014, 06:18:18 PM
eventually some of those chains would switch to Pepsi.

I believe that's why they just introduced the Spire.

Bdubs

I could see Taco Bell launching that Spire before anybody.

MikeRa

Quote from: MikeRa on October 27, 2014, 03:55:50 PM
I've seen them at select Burger King locations in the Philadelphia area, Walgreens at 1 south Broad Street, in Philadelphia, Pa, and at AMC Marlton 8 Theatres, in Marlton, NJ, and I love the machines.
Add to this list the AMC Deptford 8 Theatre, in Deptford, NJ

Pikapower

Just when I though Vanilla Coke was gone, it's now one of the Coke flavors in the Freestyle machines!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Pikapower on November 22, 2014, 04:20:45 PM
Just when I though Vanilla Coke was gone, it's now one of the Coke flavors in the Freestyle machines!

They have it at Shoprite in Southington, Connecticut in a 12 pack. I saw it there yesterday. Don't remember if it was regular or Zero.

Pikapower

Quote from: Marc B on November 22, 2014, 05:49:04 PM

They have it at Shoprite in Southington, Connecticut in a 12 pack. I saw it there yesterday. Don't remember if it was regular or Zero.

The Coke Freestyle machine have Vanilla Coke in regular, Diet, and Zero. I had a regular Vannilla Coke today at Denny in Cheektowaga, NY by the Buffalo-Niagara Airport.

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on November 22, 2014, 05:49:04 PM

I know I've gotten the Zero in Vanilla (and Cherry) from ShopRite at various times.

MikeRa

There is a Coca-Cola Freestyle Machine now at the Wendy's across from Philadelphia Mills Mall, in Philadelphia, PA

Hudsons81

New one to add: when it opens on October 2nd, the Emagine Palladium in Birmingham, Michigan.

patk

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

All of the Qdoba locations in the Green Bay/Appleton/Fox River Valley area of Wisconsin has these machines. I used one to fill my cup with Vanilla Coke.

They're starting to appear at Wendy's restaurants as well.

ynkeesfn82

The independently owned Duchess Restaurant on Route 68 in Wallingford, Connecticut has one.

Pikapower

Sisters Hospital in Buffalo, NY has one in their cafeteria.

Those Freestyle machines are so advanced, that they make the old soda fountain at my local McDonald's look like a typewriter.

deerwrecker2017

Here's the experience that I had with the Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines.

The first time I had ever used one was at the Wendy's over in McMurray (Decided to try Coca-Cola Lime).

The other two times we're at the Burger King in Bethel Park at separate dates(Tried Mello Yello Orange the first time and Mello Yello Limeade the second time).

Here's a video of the Mello Yello Limeade (No audio) that I had put up on YouTube (And yes I had forgot to put Ice into the cup) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB5rKZ0NNP8

Zayre88

I also first heard about them in the Coke documentary on CNBC.

Now they're here and there at Wendy's and Burger King in Maine and NH.

They're cool because they offer a lot of choices but if it's not maintained properly, several options run out and become unavailable.

JJBers

Quote from: Zayre88 on January 10, 2018, 08:05:40 PM

They're cool because they offer a lot of choices but if it's not maintained properly, several options run out and become unavailable.
Dang, even Maine is doing better than me out here. My first experience was at a McDonald's in NYC back in 2013. The closest one currently is the Five Guys in Norwich, CT.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

buzz86us

Quote from: JJBers on January 11, 2018, 09:33:39 AM
Quote from: Zayre88 on January 10, 2018, 08:05:40 PM

Dang, even Maine is doing better than me out here. My first experience was at a McDonald's in NYC back in 2013. The closest one currently is the Five Guys in Norwich, CT.
Same for me.. I can't afford to go to Five Guys every time I turn around.. I could buy a steak dinner for what Five Guys costs..