Dollar Tree Bashing

Started by TheFugitive, February 11, 2016, 08:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

Went into a Dollar Tree location the other day and was stunned to find the shelves stripped nearly bare!

When I go into a Dollar Tree it is usually to buy a few basic things.....shampoo, cleaning supplies,
stationery items, etc.   I have never before walked into one of these places and found the shelves
stripped literally bare of entire categories of stuff.

I asked the cashier whether the store was closing.  He told me no, that corporate had
cut their hours and the stock crew was getting only 1 to 2 days per week.  And since that is not
enough work to do anybody much good, most of them quit. 

It's nice to see how the short-sighted muddle-headed thinking of senor management has not changed
since I was in the business.

I imagine the days of Dollar Tree are limited (or at least the one-dollar price point).
If they can't come up with the payroll to stock the shelves now, what are they going to do
when minimum wage goes up?   ???

ynkeesfn82

I interviewed at the new one in Plainville Connecticut before they opened. They said you could be schedule for as few as 4 hours a week. Not only that but they told me "While it's good you have experience as a Cashier we cannot hire you because you have no experience stocking shelves." ---- Yeah as if you need a degree in "stocking shelves" in order to stock shelves. I've worked in retail for 15 years now. It's not that difficult to stock shelves.

Chuck E. Cheese

And I Haven't ever worked there-but I've heard they'll fire you If you don't stock shelves because you're not being a "team player"...

TheFugitive

Quote from: Marc B on February 11, 2016, 09:26:06 AM
I interviewed at the new one in Plainville Connecticut before they opened. They said you could be schedule for as few as 4 hours a week. Not only that but they told me "While it's good you have experience as a Cashier we cannot hire you because you have no experience stocking shelves." ---- Yeah as if you need a degree in "stocking shelves" in order to stock shelves. I've worked in retail for 15 years now. It's not that difficult to stock shelves.

The store I was in could have turned a bunch of trained monkeys loose on it.   That way
they would have had at least SOMETHING on the shelves.

I went in for some pretty simple things....some shampoo, cat litter, dish soap....
When customers don't find that stuff on the shelves they aren't generally coming back.

giantsfan2016

Went to the one on Queen Street in Southington yesterday. (Queen Plaza). The middle aged woman at the register was rude to the woman ahead of me who was having some difficulty with her debit card. Then when it was my turn she didn't even acknowledge me. They don't even have an email link on their website.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Marc B on October 11, 2016, 06:52:19 AM
Went to the one on Queen Street in Southington yesterday. (Queen Plaza). The middle aged woman at the register was rude to the woman ahead of me who was having some difficulty with her debit card. Then when it was my turn she didn't even acknowledge me. They don't even have an email link on their website.
Bad employees at any store. Seems to be a local issue.