Hotels/Motels in Southington, Connecticut

Started by ynkeesfn82, August 27, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Here are the hotels/motels in Southington, CT.

Motel 6 - 625 Queen Street directly opposite the off and on ramps to I-84. Shares a driveway with Denny's and Starbucks. Seems to have a reputation for parties and drugs.

Days Inn - 30 Laning Street corner of Queen Street. - Opened as a Howard Johnson's Motor Lodge in 1965 with a Howard Johnson's Restaurant. Became The Red Carpet Inn in the early 1990s. Then became Travel Lodge, the independent Traveler's INN, Red Carpet INN (again), and finally after a sale and millions in renovations it became The Days Inn in 2009. The former Howard Johnson's Restaurant became Bickford's, Gold Roc Diner2, Agave Mexican Grill, and finally TD Homer's. TD Homers provides room service to guest staying at The Days Inn.

Holiday Inn Express - 120 Laning Street - Opened as the Comfort Inn in the early 1990s. Spent some time as The Days Inn. Not sure what year they became The Holiday Inn Express. Currently owned by The Waterford Hotel Group of Connecticut.

The Knights Inn - 462 Queen Street - Opened as the Susse Challet. Became Howard Johson's Express. It's been The Knight's Inn for a few years now and has been deteriorating for years. Roaches and mice outnumber the guest 1000 to 1.

Hilton Homewood Suites - 1096 West Street - Opened in 2013. Owned by Briad Lodging.

Residence Inn by Marriott - 778 West Street.

The Southington Motor Lodge - Jude Lane. - Another run down dump.

Econolodge - 1845 Meriden-Waterbury Road in the Milldale section of town. Formerly The Days Inn. Near the truck stop.

Comfort Suites - 64 Knotter Drive, corner of Meriden-Waterbury Road. - Opened a few years ago. Must use: Cheshire (not Southington for GPS).

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on August 27, 2014, 09:10:09 PM
The Knights Inn - 462 Queen Street - Opened as the Susse Challet. Became Howard Johson's Express. It's been The Knight's Inn for a few years now and has been deteriorating for years. Roaches and mice outnumber the guest 1000 to 1.

Knight’s Inn demo to make way for family health center in Southington
Published: September 4, 2014 | Last Modified: September 4, 2014 07:48PM
By Jesse Buchanan Record-Journal staff

SOUTHINGTON â€" The Knights Inn hotel on Queen Street could be demolished to make way for a new family health center planned by Hartford HealthCare Corp.

Plans call for Casle Corp. of Avon to buy the land, demolish the hotel and build the new center, according to Hartford HealthCare spokeswoman Rebecca Stewart. Completion is “likely more than a year away” she said.

The Knights Inn is at 462 Queen St., right off Interstate 84.

For the time being, Hartford HealthCare officials have shelved plans to close the inpatient and emergency departments at Bradley Memorial, the Southington campus of the Hospital of Central Connecticut, which is owned by Hartford HealthCare.

Hartford HealthCare had planned to close the emergency room at Bradley and open one on Queen Street, pending state approval.

Local backlash against the plan, which included petitions to the state, caused hospital officials to keep the emergency and inpatient departments at Bradley “for the foreseeable future.”

“We’re doing more than pushing the pause button,” said Hartford HealthCare spokeswoman Rebecca Stewart.

The new family health center will offer urgent care, primary care and other non-emergency services. Stewart said the center would supplement the care offered at Bradley.

“Our goal is to increase access to primary and urgent care,” she said.

In the past three years, Hartford HealthCare has opened eight family health centers in Connecticut. Stewart said the services are tailored to the needs of the town.

The Bradley Advisory Committee, formed by Hartford HealthCare, will help determine the type of care that would be available in Southington. The advisory committee includes representatives from the community, the hospital and town government.

Victoria Triano, a town councilor and committee member, said hospital officials had assured her that the family health center isn’t a new emergency room.

“They gave us their word that this is not going to be the emergency room. I would assume what we’re hearing is accurate and thought-out,” said Triano, who also serves as director of pastoral care at the Southington Care Center and The Orchards at Southington, which are affiliated with Hartford HealthCare.

She said she was pleased that the town will have more access to care once the center opens.

“There is a need for walk-in clinics,” Triano said.

Rakesh Patel, manager of the Knights Inn, said he began his job 10 days ago and knows nothing about the future of the business.

“I didn’t even get a chance to go to each and every room yet,” he said.

The inn is owned by Amitkumar Shah of New Jersey. He could not be reached for comment Thursday. Town records show that the property at 462 Queen Street is owned by Shah. The town appraised it at $1.7 million.

Stewart directed questions about buying the property to Casle, which could not be reached for comment Thursday.

In recent years, hospital officials have removed services from Bradley that they say are unsustainable, such as some inpatient beds and the operating room.

On Sept. 25, the hospital will open its new ambulatory surgery center at Bradley. Stewart said this represents an investment in the Bradley campus.

“This has been an important part of the strategy as together we determine what is best for Bradley’s future,” she said.

Rosemary Champagne, a member of the committee who has opposed changes at Bradley, said she didn’t have concerns about the new Queen Street center. It won’t be a full emergency room and won’t require closing portions of Bradley, she said.

“As long as it doesn’t affect my hospital, it’s fine,” Champagne said.

TheFugitive

I have only been to Connecticut once.

Ironically enough it was to attend some meetings at Ames' corporate office in Rocky Hill.

I forget the name of the hotel where I was staying.  I do remember that I left a tip for the hotel maid
on my pillow.  When I returned in the evening I found the most beautiful hand-written thank you note
from the maid, attached to a bag of cookies.

Made me feel as if I was the only guy in the history of Connecticut who had ever tipped
the hotel maid.

Don't think I've ever seen traffic as bad as Rocky Hill to Bradley Airport during evening rush hour.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on September 04, 2014, 08:05:18 PM
Quote from: Marc B on August 27, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

Knight’s Inn demo to make way for family health center in Southington
Published: September 4, 2014 | Last Modified: September 4, 2014 07:48PM
By Jesse Buchanan Record-Journal staff

SOUTHINGTON â€" The Knights Inn hotel on Queen Street could be demolished to make way for a new family health center planned by Hartford HealthCare Corp.

Plans call for Casle Corp. of Avon to buy the land, demolish the hotel and build the new center, according to Hartford HealthCare spokeswoman Rebecca Stewart. Completion is “likely more than a year away” she said.

The Knights Inn is at 462 Queen St., right off Interstate 84.

For the time being, Hartford HealthCare officials have shelved plans to close the inpatient and emergency departments at Bradley Memorial, the Southington campus of the Hospital of Central Connecticut, which is owned by Hartford HealthCare.

Hartford HealthCare had planned to close the emergency room at Bradley and open one on Queen Street, pending state approval.

Local backlash against the plan, which included petitions to the state, caused hospital officials to keep the emergency and inpatient departments at Bradley “for the foreseeable future.”

“We’re doing more than pushing the pause button,” said Hartford HealthCare spokeswoman Rebecca Stewart.

The new family health center will offer urgent care, primary care and other non-emergency services. Stewart said the center would supplement the care offered at Bradley.

“Our goal is to increase access to primary and urgent care,” she said.

In the past three years, Hartford HealthCare has opened eight family health centers in Connecticut. Stewart said the services are tailored to the needs of the town.

The Bradley Advisory Committee, formed by Hartford HealthCare, will help determine the type of care that would be available in Southington. The advisory committee includes representatives from the community, the hospital and town government.

Victoria Triano, a town councilor and committee member, said hospital officials had assured her that the family health center isn’t a new emergency room.

“They gave us their word that this is not going to be the emergency room. I would assume what we’re hearing is accurate and thought-out,” said Triano, who also serves as director of pastoral care at the Southington Care Center and The Orchards at Southington, which are affiliated with Hartford HealthCare.

She said she was pleased that the town will have more access to care once the center opens.

“There is a need for walk-in clinics,” Triano said.

Rakesh Patel, manager of the Knights Inn, said he began his job 10 days ago and knows nothing about the future of the business.

“I didn’t even get a chance to go to each and every room yet,” he said.

The inn is owned by Amitkumar Shah of New Jersey. He could not be reached for comment Thursday. Town records show that the property at 462 Queen Street is owned by Shah. The town appraised it at $1.7 million.

Stewart directed questions about buying the property to Casle, which could not be reached for comment Thursday.

In recent years, hospital officials have removed services from Bradley that they say are unsustainable, such as some inpatient beds and the operating room.

On Sept. 25, the hospital will open its new ambulatory surgery center at Bradley. Stewart said this represents an investment in the Bradley campus.

“This has been an important part of the strategy as together we determine what is best for Bradley’s future,” she said.

Rosemary Champagne, a member of the committee who has opposed changes at Bradley, said she didn’t have concerns about the new Queen Street center. It won’t be a full emergency room and won’t require closing portions of Bradley, she said.

“As long as it doesn’t affect my hospital, it’s fine,” Champagne said.

As of December 2015 The Knights Inn has been demolished. Construction on the new medical building is expected to begin in 2016 and open in 2017.

JimSawhill

Marc, when will the Southington motor lodge be raised? Was it always a Southington Motor Lodge?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on February 14, 2016, 07:29:37 PM
Marc, when will the Southington motor lodge be raised? Was it always a Southington Motor Lodge?

Sorry. Couldn't tell you the answer to either question.