Main Menu

Arby's

Started by store215, January 08, 2005, 05:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: zonemad96 on April 24, 2013, 12:01:02 AM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on October 04, 2012, 06:55:14 PM
* Arby's just recently introduced a new logo:

* Arby's introduced a new ad campaign for their freshly-sliced roast beef and turkey products, comparing themselves to other chains, like Subway for example, since Arby's slices their meat in-store, and not at an out-of-town factory.
It's essentially just the same logo with different text. I don't know it just looks uglier to me with the shiny computer generated look to it.
All lower-case with a meat slicer blade for an apostrophe.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 08, 2013, 02:07:26 PM
<p>Is the Arby's in the Buckland Mall still open?

No. Nearest locations listed Elm Enfield and Berlin Turnpike Newington.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on April 24, 2013, 07:54:55 AM
Quote from: JimSawhill on April 08, 2013, 02:07:26 PM
<p>Is the Arby's in the Buckland Mall still open?

No. Nearest locations listed Elm Enfield and Berlin Turnpike Newington.

Jeez, I wonder what's in the Buckland Mall's food court.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on April 24, 2013, 08:15:12 AM
Jeez, I wonder what's in the Buckland Mall's food court.

Burger King
    Cajun Cafe
    Charley's Steakery
    Master Wok
    My Dream Cupcake
    Praline's Ice Cream
    Sarku Japan
    Sbarro the Italian Eatery
    Subway
    Taco Bell

Other places to eat in the mall:

Funny Bone Comedy Club & Restaurant
Bertucci’s Italian Restaurant
Panera Bread
Ruby Tuesday

Nearby on property near the mall:

Longhorn Steak House
Red Robin
Market Grille

Snack Places in Mall:
Pretzel Maker, Orange Julius/DQ, Wetzel Pretzel, Mini Donut Factory, and Beaches Frozen Yogurt

Bdubs

Taco Bell is where Arby's used to be. McDonald's used to be where Burger King is now, not sure what happened there.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Bdubs on April 24, 2013, 07:02:34 PM
Taco Bell is where Arby's used to be. McDonald's used to be where Burger King is now, not sure what happened there.

In the buckland Mall was a Brigham's that became a Friendlys. I believe the location was near Dicks, IIRC... what is there now??  Ruby Tuesday's is still there??

TRU7536

Quote from: JimSawhill on May 09, 2013, 11:29:32 AM
Quote from: Bdubs on April 24, 2013, 07:02:34 PM

In the buckland Mall was a Brigham's that became a Friendlys. I believe the location was near Dicks, IIRC... what is there now??  Ruby Tuesday's is still there??

It's vacant like many of the spaces at Buckland.

ynkeesfn82

Arby's in Cheshire, CT closed down. Not sure when. They're still open in the Plantsville section on Southington. The one on Wolcott Street in Waterbury still has that huge oversized sign.

AmesNewington

Nearly everytime I pass by the Newington Arby's, there is hardly one car in the parking lot. That wasn't the case when it was Roy Rogers. It was always busy then. I always wondered how they stay in business.

ynkeesfn82

Arby's in Bristol, CT is done! A reporter for the Bristol Press had on his blog last night that Sonic would be taking over that spot.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on June 16, 2013, 01:03:20 PM
Arby's in Bristol, CT is done! A reporter for the Bristol Press had on his blog last night that Sonic would be taking over that spot.

Milford, CT too.

http://www.bristolpress.com/articles/2013/06/17/news/doc51bf178534204233615272.txt

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: Ameskid on February 14, 2009, 08:06:47 AM
My Arby's still has the original sign...so original that about 1/3 of the neon doesn't work!  They even kept it when the old restaurant burned down and they built a new one.
There is still an Arby's around me that has this kind of a sign. It is either in Ravenna or Kent, Ohio.

It is very sad that they no longer change the light bulbs in these original signs. I wonder if they stopped manufacturing them?

There are two Arby's locations near me that use that kind of sign. I live in the Green Bay metro area, one of the neon ten-gallon cowboy hat signs is on West Mason Street, across from Exprees Gas, Toys "R" Us, and Goodwill, while the other is in Ashwaubenon on South Oneida Street, across from Bay Park Square shopping mall.

Have you guys seen the newest commercial for Arby's King's Hawaiian Roast Beef Sandwich? It features a new logo for Arby's. This logo marks a return of the classic western font (even if it's slightly different) inside the of the ten gallon hat. The logo hasn't been featured anywhere else yet. Not even Arby's.com has the new logo on their website.

Here is an article about Arby's newest logo:
http://www.sellingeating.com/is-arbys-trying-on-a-new-hat-so-soon/

TRU7536

I just read in Newington Life that the Arby's in newington will become a Sonic.

Ames Newington

Quote from: TRU7536 on December 15, 2013, 02:31:31 PM
I just read in Newington Life that the Arby's in newington will become a Sonic.

So why isn't Arby's closed yet? Last week, I went to Lowe's with my dad, and at supper time, not a single customer was at Arby's. Unless they are already closed, but the lights are still on.

bubcolbert1952

Arby's used to have one of their old cowboy hat restaurants in King of Prussia PA that moved in the 80's to King of Prussia Mall, losing all the charm of the old one, which now is a Starbucks. I must say the building looks much more beautiful as Starbucks than it did Arby's.

TheFugitive

One of these still exists along Banksville Road in Pittsburgh.  It had the original "big hat" sign
for many years.  But it finally gave up the ghost and has been replaced with a modern one.

Originally built without a drive thru, there is now a makeshift afterthought one which is quite strange.
It requires you to enter from the far left and to basically circle the parking lot.  The store is basically
built into a hillside, so you can't go around it from behind.

There was another store like this along PA Route 51 in Brentwood, PA for many years.
It had the original sign throughout.  It was demolished about two years ago and was
replaced with a Dunkin Donuts.

ynkeesfn82

Arby's is spending $250,000 to buy 13 hours of air-time on the MY NETWORK TV affiliate in Duluth, Minnesota to air a video of their brisket being made in order to bump up the sales of their Smokehouse Brisket sandwich. It will air 1PM-2AM Central today May 24th.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/23/business/media/televising-sizzling-meat-to-bump-up-sales-of-a-brisket-sandwich.html

Stork of The Weak

Both Arby's and KFC have been slowly disappearing from southeastern Pennsylvania. I know the two are different companies but perhaps some sort of connection is causing them to disappear at the same time? Maybe both have the same landlord for a lot of restaurants?

d_fife

Kmart has too and ARby's wont disappear will it? Why are they rare in New England but common the rest of the US.

MikeRa

Quote from: TheFugitive on February 12, 2014, 10:24:06 AM
One of these still exists along Banksville Road in Pittsburgh.  It had the original "big hat" sign
for many years.  But it finally gave up the ghost and has been replaced with a modern one.

Originally built without a drive thru, there is now a makeshift afterthought one which is quite strange.
It requires you to enter from the far left and to basically circle the parking lot.  The store is basically
built into a hillside, so you can't go around it from behind.

There was another store like this along PA Route 51 in Brentwood, PA for many years.
It had the original sign throughout.  It was demolished about two years ago and was
replaced with a Dunkin Donuts.
There is also an old Arby's with the "Big Hat" signage on Street Road in Feasterville, PA that is still open.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TheFugitive

I think what happens in a lot of cases is that the local township or borough passes a signage ordinance
that limits the size of roadside signs.  A lot of the Arby's big hats were grandfathered in.  But when they
finally wear out they are forced to go with a replacement that complies with current code.

ynkeesfn82

I just found out that in 1988 Arby's had 2 locations in Southington, Connecticut! I've been reading online old issues of The Southington Observer and there is an ad for The New Arby's being open at 172 Queen Street. I don't know how long Arby's was there, but 172 Queen Street is now Tokyo Sushi and has been for many many years.

The 2nd location was the original and still open location on Meriden-Waterbury Road in the Plantsville section of town.

Ameskid

Here's a former Arby's in the Tri-County region outside of Cincinnati.

Former Arby&#x27;s, Cincinnati, OH by harvestmanman, on Flickr
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TheFugitive

Marquee sign at my local Arby's is promoting "New Beef or Turkey Gyros".

Memo to Arby's HQ.....it isn't really a gyro unless it is made with lamb.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: d_fife on July 29, 2006, 07:37:42 PM
here is the arby's in waterbury Ct with the western hat. but the building looks modern. now weird.

This sign sadly no longer exists. While I haven't been to Waterbury in a couple of years I was looking at Google Maps and part of Wolcott Street was updated in July 2015 and the sign has been replaced with a more traditional sign.

I'm surprised that all of you on this forum ignored the fact that Arby's changed their logo for the second time in a row, this decade.
http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_for_arbys.php#.Vg6C84eFOUn

TheFugitive

Is it just me, or is the guy in the current set of Arby's commercials screaming
"We Have the Meats!" at the top of his lungs really pretty creepy?   ???