Main Menu

Arby's

Started by store215, January 08, 2005, 05:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawford

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
I wouldn't think that a fast food joint that sold mostly roast beef sandwiches would stay in business. There aren't any Arby's in RI that I know of. Walt's Roast Beef seems to keep them at bay. There was an Arby's in the Emerald Mall but I haven't been in the food court lately so I am unsure if it is still there or not.

It is still there. it is on the store locator.

I went to Emerald Mall yesterday and the Arby's there was doing a brisk business. The deli type restaurant across the Food Court was gone though.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

You see fewer and fewer of this signs these days.  :exorcist:

HoJofan206

Old school Arby's

HoJofan206

Another shot of an "old school" Arby's. This one is located in Decatur Georgia.

AmesNewington

Arby's will be opening very soon in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike. It is in the former Roy Rogers building. Since I am always down to Wal-Mart I have seen the progress being made. The building has been renovated the sign on the building is no up as well as the road sign. I just went by there an hour ago and they are working inside. The lighting looks nice. So they are almost ready!

C. Fontaine

Thats awesome, I love Arbys.  The only thing is, whenever I go there I feel like I spend a fortune.

videogamer75

I love arby's. their chicken and curly fries are so good, as are the sandwiches. i wish they still had the big brown hat sign.

XISMZERO

The new Arby's opens on Sept. 24 in Bristol, Conn. A few of my friends were sorely disappointed when it was supposed to open last week.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
The new Arby's opens on Sept. 24 in Bristol, Conn. A few of my friends were sorely disappointed when it was supposed to open last week.
'

haha everything is coming on TV at the end of September.........And a DRIVE THRU in the FRONT? :duh:  Might slow down traffic though......
JN

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206

There are 2 near me with these signs, as of 2008.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206

There are two of those neon Arby's ten-gallon hat signs in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Both are in working order.

* West Mason St. - Across from Cub Foods/Toys "R" Us/Goodwill
* South Oneida St. - Across from Bay Park Square shopping mall, ten blocks away from Lambeau Field

rjstheiv

Arbys on Route 51 in pgh pa. This Arby's still has the old sign.

taken from http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

Zayre88

Arby's in Hampton Beach NH, located at left of the Moulton Motel.  The location closed several years ago.

XDeSuEhTX

I also love Arby's. It's one of the few fast-food joints I still eat these days.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

wwefan101

i been past the orangale abrys in worcster ma to bad they  changed the way it looksi allways go the aburn ma one

Ameskid

My Arby's still has the original sign...so original that about 1/3 of the neon doesn't work!  They even kept it when the old restaurant burned down and they built a new one.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

nims57

My Arby's with the classic sign just closed. It opened in 1964 and was across from the very first Wawa!

The Adamantium Elbow

QuoteOriginally posted by rjstheiv
Arbys on Route 51 in pgh pa. This Arby's still has the old sign.

taken from http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

I think I've eaten in that one before.  

Crawford

Arby's in Emerald Mall in North Attleborough Mass has closed. Not sure what will replace it
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

retailisking

Just what the world needs, another credit union...*sigh*
http://www.pressherald.com/news/Arbys-site-sold-to-credit-union.html

Arby's site on Forest Ave. sold to credit union

PORTLAND â€" The site of an Arby's on Forest Avenue has been sold to a credit union, ending its days as a fast-food location.

The property was purchased by cPort Credit Union. It had been owned by Butler Forest Investors. Terms were not disclosed.

The property's days as an Arby's date back to the late 1970s, when the restaurant was opened by Ken and Jim Raffel, sons of one of the founders of the roast beef sandwich chain. The chain was launched in 1964 by Leroy Raffel â€" Ken and Jim Raffel's father â€" and his brother, Forrest.

Arby's stands for RB's, for Raffel Brothers.

The chain was sold in 1976 and Jim Raffel frequently clashed with the new corporate owners over his desire to serve non-Arby's items in addition to the chain's fare. At one point, he opened a restaurant called Emily K's inside the Arby's, selling roasted chicken and other items.

Arby's sued, and the Raffel brothers opened up a new restaurant, Raff's, on the site, before they changed it back to an Arby's in 1998.

Zayre88

Well that's sad...

Restaurants are closing and are replaced by banks and credit unions.

Gas stations are closing and being replaced by pharmacies and cell phone stores.

retailisking

Frankly I'm amazed this Arby's lasted as long as it did.  Competition for the fast food dollar is fierce in the part of Portland it was in (the Hannaford Plaza Subway couldn't have helped) and they fell behind on renovations as revenue fell, creating a death spiral not unlike the demise of the Bonanza in Augusta. Limited access was a hindrance, too; if you approached this Arby's from the north you had to turn onto Baxter Boulevard and into the Hannaford Plaza to get there. And then, of course, Arby's as a concept has seen better days. Sentimentality on the part of the Raffels must have played a role in keeping this unit open well past its expiration date.  Of the other Maine freestanding Arby's, Auburn is in marginal shape, while Topsham, being a newer unit, is quite nice inside.  I haven't been to the Augusta or Waterville locations.

Update Dec. 2011: The former Portland Arby's has been demolished.

Update Jan 2012: Here's a photo album of the demolition process and construction of the credit union.  cPort also demolished the former Bonanza in Augusta.
https://picasaweb.google.com/112772811659286438548/285ForestAvenueConstructionProgress

Ameskid

Evidently my physics teacher is friends with the guy from Arby's' "It's Good Mood Food" commercials.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

* Arby's just recently introduced a new logo:

* Arby's introduced a new ad campaign for their freshly-sliced roast beef and turkey products, comparing themselves to other chains, like Subway for example, since Arby's slices their meat in-store, and not at an out-of-town factory.

EddieJ1984

Quote from: retailisking on October 04, 2012, 08:11:38 PM
I wonder how many months/years it will take to get franchisees to conform their signage to the new logo.

I hope a good while, the new logo is definitely a downgrade. The old logo the A and y lined up with the hat.
The new logo just reeks of trying to be modern with all lowercase, also why is the hat 3d but not the text?
Stupid, this is how NOT to update a logo imo.
http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/arbys_goes_bland.php
this article sums it up better even.

jason83080

The local Arby's in Elyria, Ohio, on the other side of SR57 from Midway Mall closed this past December, and was bulldozed yesterday, according to an article in today's Morning Journal newspaper. Sad to see it go! This location opened in 1986. Apparently, the owners thought it'd be best to bulldoze the building and sell the land, rather than bring the building up to code.

There was a second location inside Midway Mall itself, but it closed a while back. Some of its neighbors in the Food Court there were A&W Hot Dogs & More, Dairy Queen/Orange Julius, Chao Praya Chinese Eatery, and McDonald's (back then, one of THREE in that immediate vicinity - the other two were right across from this Arby's and attached to a BP on an adjacent corner to the mall). All of those restaurants are gone, and even their 1st and 2nd replacements are gone as well.

Here is a link to the news story, with a video of the razing:
http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2013/02/28/news/doc512ede352bba2745034292.txt

Jstar1994

JimSawhill

Quote from: Jstar1994 on April 08, 2013, 10:36:03 AM
Looks like after 5 years the Berlin Arby's is no more
http://berlin.patch.com/groups/business-news/p/berlin-arbys-restaurant-closes

The Arby's in Temple Terrace is closed. The store was never busy...

<p>Is the Arby's in the Buckland Mall still open?

zonemad96

Quote from: ShopKoFan on October 04, 2012, 06:55:14 PM
* Arby's just recently introduced a new logo:

* Arby's introduced a new ad campaign for their freshly-sliced roast beef and turkey products, comparing themselves to other chains, like Subway for example, since Arby's slices their meat in-store, and not at an out-of-town factory.
It's essentially just the same logo with different text. I don't know it just looks uglier to me with the shiny computer generated look to it.