Main Menu

Toy Works

Started by Caldor1999, May 26, 2005, 05:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

this was a chain that KB Toys Bough out in the mid or late 1990's they were kinda like Toys R Us there stores were big and bright but they had a KB lok to then and not a Toys R Us look bacley it was a Bigger verson of KB Toys some time in 1997 some fo them became KB Toy Works before KB bought them Toy Works Closed many of there stores:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears what KB didi to them not a bad idea to still use the name:)
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

BTW Caldor1999 the full name was "THE TOY WORKS"

MINES STILL OPEN!

ITS NOW CALLED A KB TOY WORKS AND IT HAS THE NEW SIGN ON IT THE SIGN WAS REPLACED AROUND 2002 I believe:yup:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
BTW Caldor1999 the full name was "THE TOY WORKS"

MINES STILL OPEN!

ITS NOW CALLED A KB TOY WORKS AND IT HAS THE NEW SIGN ON IT THE SIGN WAS REPLACED AROUND 2002 I believe:yup:

lol i thought it was called Toy Works lol thats what i always called it well guess i dident read the sign lol anyways the had these trfice light haing above the cash regsters lol remebr that when it became KB Toy Works they kepeped them
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

it was just a singel light u kinda got it right
Caldor Forever!

ameskmart1

The Toy Works logo
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Marc82

I'm so pissed off. The KB Toys in Bristol and Southington both closed, but Meriden has two. One in the mall and the other in a plaza I think on East Main Street. Me and my friend went to the one in Plainville a few months ago. They had some neat stuff, but we didn't buy anything. I don't know what my friend's reasoning for not buying anything, but mine was due to the fact that I'm unemployed.

BTW CitiBank just signed a lease for the Old KB in Southington. It's all the way at the end of the Shaw's Plaza.

d_fife

here is the toy works in newtown ct and it is a strange looking one.

d_fife

here is where the one in danbury Ct probably was. I know it was in this plaz called berkshire and this is the plaza and this space looks like the spot.

d_fife

here is the former bristol one. it was in the price chopper plaza.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the former bristol one. it was in the price chopper plaza.

sign of the old bristol one. kb toys was still one the sign.

d_fife

old southington one. it must have been here

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
old southington one. it must have been here

or this was the southington one

d_fife

plainville CT one in the plainville commons. this survived.

d_fife

old newington one

Marc82

The second Southington picture is the old KB. The purple and black car belongs to a girl I used to work with at Shaws.

As for Bristol the actual location of the old KB was inbetween Radio Shack and Fashion Bug.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The second Southington picture is the old KB. The purple and black car belongs to a girl I used to work with at Shaws.

As for Bristol the actual location of the old KB was inbetween Radio Shack and Fashion Bug.

oh so here I guess. they closed so many in that area. But had too many as well.

Marc82

Nope. That's the old Party City. The KB was to the left of Fashion Bug.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Nope. That's the old Party City. The KB was to the left of Fashion Bug.

here it is. did it have the old schol KB toy works logo. the old school KB toy works had orange inside. the one that closed in laconia / belmont nh last year had that.

Marc82

Yes. you can't see it in that pic becuase of the trees. Bristol and Southington both had Yellow Signs. I do know for the longest time after the official name changed to KB Toywork the Bristol store still had a sign on the building The Toyworks. I think the sign was even different than the on in the picture of the Plainville store.

AmesNewington

The Newington store was very old, and the entire plaza around the late 80s used the same wide oval shaped signs with red lettering on them. The Newington one was called "The Toy Works", and had the old carts and baskets. By its closing point, the front of the store was always empty unlike the mid-90s when I was very little, the store was always full of great toys.

Just to clarify: The Modells store was where the Toy Works was. They really fixed up this plaza. Both stores on each side were in the plaza for a long time.