Rotterdam Square Mall well on its way to dead status

Started by buzz86us, May 30, 2014, 06:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz86us

I used to go to this mall a lot when I was a kid I was just there last week and the place looks desolate with a lot of stores empty. I guess I should have seen it coming when Loews abandoned the movie theater. If Sears Holdings went bankrupt I don't see it lasting very long looks like with internet and such the Albany area can only support 2 malls. I guess I better keep my Rotterdam Square mall mug it might be a collectors item.

BillyGr

Sort of surprising that they wouldn't do better with their location being away from the other malls in Colonie and the fact that they should be able to pull from areas to the West (since there arent any other "malls" until you get to at least Utica, I don't believe).

Maybe they'll get a little boost from people that are still looking for a Kmart (being, after tomorrow, the only one left in the greater Albany area outside of Greenwich and Queensbury, both a bit longer of a trip).  Or maybe not.

buzz86us

I am going to be working at this mall in Sears I think they should stay because it is honestly in the malls best interest to keep Sears Holdings happy since I really don't see them attracting any new anchors.