Store receipts

Started by MikeRa, April 06, 2014, 08:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeRa

Here is a pic of one of my Pathmark receipts.  Only the last 3 digits of my superfresh My + Rewards card is shown:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

MikeRa

Here is a pic of a Acme receipt from 1971:

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: MikeRa on April 06, 2014, 08:25:32 PM
Here is a pic of one of my Pathmark receipts.  Only the last 3 digits of my duperfresf My + Rewards card is shown:

5/23/13 aka my 31st Birthday.  ;D

Stork of The Weak

Quote from: MikeRa on April 06, 2014, 08:30:01 PM

Which location could it be from? Possibly the one in Bristol that opened in 1967 (I'm not sure when it closed)?

MikeRa

Quote from: Stork of The Weak on April 06, 2014, 10:01:08 PM
Quote from: MikeRa on April 06, 2014, 08:30:01 PM

Which location could it be from? Possibly the one in Bristol that opened in 1967 (I'm not sure when it closed)?
Sadly, I don't know the location of this particular Acme

Ames303

Here's a Bradlees receipt from 1983. Like many of the other department store chains, Bradlees was not consistent from store to store with the first electronic point of sale systems they used, since reporting to the central office was still a manual effort. It appears that this Bradlees in Beacon Hill back in '83 used the same Sweda system that some of the Two Guys stores of that era used.  The print used on the receipt is very distinctive.

The second Bradlees receipt from 1984 is from an NCR 255 POS system, running the same software that you would find in some Hills stores and most Zayre stores. Hills ran a mix of systems, some with the NCR 255, others with the NCR 2552 (smaller, faster, modular, newer version of the 255 with dot matrix printers) and yet others with IBM 3683s. Zayre ran NCR 2552 across the board (as far as I know) and when Ames purchased Zayre they couldn't get the Zayre systems to do what they needed them to do, so they installed the IBM 4683s in the acquired Zayre locations. The IBM conversion project lasted only two months and it was during the beginning of the holiday season. Unfortunately, the IBM 4683s did not talk at all with the IBM 3683s and they ran different software, resulting in reports back to headquarters to all be done manually.

Both receipts found on the Internet. Not mine.

TheFugitive

I was cleaning the house and found this Kmart receipt from February, 1987.

It is from one of the old electromechanical registers, so there are no itemized
merchandise descriptions.  But it is amazingly well-preserved, both the ink and the
paper.  I have had much newer receipts fade beyond the point of being legible in just
a few years.

I don't know anything about Kmart store numbers, but given the time frame I believe
it is from one of the following Michigan Kmart locations:

Lapeer
Romeo
Port Huron

"Kmart87"

Ames303

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Kmart receipt is from an NCR 225 electronic cash register.  Most Kmarts used the mechanical NCR Class 5 during that era, but some were using the NCR 225 and others were using the DTS 440.  Kmart eventually standardized on IBM in the late 1980s, but after trying out variations on NCR and IBM's scanning platforms. It was called "KIN", "Kmart Information Network" and the conversion from mechanical to electronic was all over the place. I'm 99% certain that Kmart receipt is from an NCR 225 though.