New Brite Plaza New Britain, CT

Started by ynkeesfn82, May 26, 2013, 04:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

New Brite Plaza is one of the largest shopping centers in New Britain, CT. It's fully occupied and is located in downtown on East Main Street. It was built in the 1960s and at one time included apartments. The plaza is now owned by Paramount Realty. The previous owners overhauled the plaza and took the plaza from 58% occupied to 100% occupied. The plaza is in a sketchy area of New Britain. http://www.paramountrealty.com/property.php?id=1541

Edward's (later Adams) and Liquor Depot used to occupy part of the plaza where Job Lot, Save-A-Lot, and Marshall's is. (Not sure how much space they took up. Liquor Depot has since moved to the Cor-West Plaza on the corner of Corbin Ave and West Main Street). Then Dollar Dreams occupied space next to Adams.

Ocean State Job Lot
Save-a-Lot Supermarket
Marshalls
H&R Block
Family Dental
City Nails
Dunkin Donuts
Laundry Unlimited
New England City Sports
Discount Tobacco
Rent-a-Center
Fantastic Fashions
Winners Off Track Betting
Advanced Auto Parts
Radio Shack
Your Eyes Eyeglass Store
New Chinatown Express Restaurant
Sally Beauty Supply
CT Check Cashing
Dollar Dreams (this used to be in the part of the plaza where Marshall's is)
Town Fair Tire
Rainbow Appearal
Payless Shoes

Free Standing:

Taco Bell (Built during the summer of 2012. Was across the street)

Adjacent to the Plaza - McDonald's

AmesNewington

McDonald's used to be Roy Rogers, which closed in the late 90s. It was empty for a long time.

TRU7536

Dude are u doing a theme here, about plazas being built in the 1960s? Lol

ynkeesfn82

LOL. I decided to officially expand the Mall section to include regular shopping plazas too. I've been posting about ones I've been to in Central Connecticut.  I'm trying to see if it will draw other members to post about shopping centers near them as well.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on May 26, 2013, 04:52:34 PM
Dollar Dreams (this used to be in the part of the plaza where Marshall's is)

Dollar Dreams is now called Dollar Choice.

giantsfan2016

Even with 3 stores closing in 2019, New Brite Plaza will remain 100% occupied.

Ocean State Job Lot, which closed in July is becoming an indoor Trampoline Park.

Marshall's, which closed in August is becoming a Planet Fitness.

Payless Shoes, which closed in May or June is becoming the new location of East Main Liquors, which is relocating from elsewhere on East Main Street.