It's Official. Men's Wearhouse buys Jos A. Bank Stores

Started by ynkeesfn82, March 11, 2014, 12:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

After talks for the past several months Men's Wearhouse has officially bought rival Jos A. Bank Stores.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-11/men-s-wearhouse-to-buy-jos-a-bank-for-1-8-billion.html

Editor's note: I wonder what happens to the Jos. A Bank store currently under construction at The Plainville Commons in Plainville, Connecticut.

TheFugitive

I have been driving by a Jos. A. Bank store nearly every day for six years.
I nave never seen more than three cars in the parking lot at any time.

Unless they are literally raping their customer's wallet on every sale,
I do not understand their business model.

zonemad96

Quote from: TheFugitive on March 12, 2014, 10:28:04 AM
I have been driving by a Jos. A. Bank store nearly every day for six years.
I nave never seen more than three cars in the parking lot at any time.

Unless they are literally raping their customer's wallet on every sale,
I do not understand their business model.

Another issue is a lot of their stores around here are located in strip malls along side with liquor stores and supermarkets which I'm no retail expert but I don't think that's exactly prime location for a store like that.

TheFugitive

Good point.  The store I pass is next to a carpet remnant place.

ynkeesfn82

The one they're building in Plainville, CT is in the same building as Dollar Tree, Charming Charlie, Five Below, Famous Footwear, and Ulta Beauty. Plus the rest of the plaza has a Kohl's, AMC Theater, Lowe's, McD's, Friendly's, Applebees, DSW Shoe's, PetSmart, Dicks, Imperial Buffet, AC Moore, Old Navy, Justice, Marshall's, and Sleepy's. Not exactly a bad area.

In Canton they're in the Shoppes at Farmington Valley. They're next to an upscale Asian Restaurant and across from Barne's & Noble and next to Loft.