things that oddly remind you of old stores

Started by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB, May 23, 2005, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

In certain cases either by the show we're watching,the music we listen to,a logo we see, etc. we automatically think of old stores

For Example: Mcgyver tv show theme song (THE SHOW CAN BE SEEN ON SPIKE TV IN THE AFTERNOON) reminds me oddly of the good old times  long ago time when Bradlees was around, just by the type of 1980s-early 1990s music

the famous late 1980s song "Everybody wants to rule the world" again the tones and type of music sounds so Caldor-y/reminds me of Caldor

and this logo Canton Chamber of Commerce reminds me of the Caldor rainbow lol :insane::cool:

Jag67

A bunch of Songs remind me of stores

K-Mart- "Shell Shock" by Heart

JCPenney- "I just Died in Your Arms" (Cutting Crew) "There's the Girl" (Heart) "Nothing In Common" (Thompson Twins) "Salute" (Gordon Lightfoot) "Knotty Pine" (Gordon Lightfoot) "Without You" (Gordon Lightfoot)

AM&A's- "Nothin at All" (Heart) "Dreamboat Annie" (Heart)

Waccamaw-" Cracks in the Pavement" (Duran Duran) "Take the dice" (Duran Duran) "I Want Your World to Turn" (Heart)

Sears- "Nothin at All" (Heart) "What He don't Know" (Heart) "Without You" (Gordon Lightfoot)

Caldor1999

Caldor Amy Grant Baby Baby Evrey Heartbeat and Good For me qwere dongs that always played in my Caldor

for Sear it was always the Mimai Sound Meachain LOL

Kmart loves playing Dance Music too LOL well mine dose:insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

this picture remineds me of the old Caldor Logo they used in the 80-'s also this reminds me of Lechmere this chahin of stores closed in 2002 along with Service Merchandise and Ames
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Wyeth's old logo thanks to Wayback machine reminds me of Woolco's "W" I know a little far off huh?

That one reminds me more of Wegman's. Really! :insane:

Zayre88

Caldor1999

Macys logo reminds me of teh JC Penny logo if u think about it they kida look like
Caldor Forever!

Ameskid

Zellers' old logo looks SO much like Zayre's old "Z'" logo! Swallen's reminds me of a rocket, and Big Bear's logo has almost the same color of Ames red!
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
Zellers' old logo looks SO much like Zayre's old "Z'" logo!

Here it is.  If fact, our local Zellers store still has that logo on the sliding glass doors in their mall entrance!

Caldor1999

the andys mints kida remind me of the ames logo

the theater at my high schoool kida remiends me of caldor cause teh tiles on the walls are red and grey
Caldor Forever!

amesman

Target as a whole reminds me of Caldor. When I first walked into on in 99 out in Buffalo, I was like "Damn, didn't this place just close up?" hehe

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
Zellers' old logo looks SO much like Zayre's old "Z'" logo!  

The old Z from Zellers still on the sliding glass doors of the store today!

Pikapower

The smell of popcorn at the movies remind me of Hills!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

TheFugitive

The song Toy Soldiers by Martika reminds me of my time at Ames.
It was in hot rotation on our in-store Muzak system during my most hectic
year with the company.  Also I was in Michigan at the time, and the percussion
track on that record puts one in mind of snow falling.

For similar reasons the song Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin reminds me of
my time at Hills.

And every headline about the Bill Cosby scandal reminds me of my time at Service Merchandise.
The company had hired Cosby to star in our TV ads, and his picture was plastered on signage all
over the store.  The day after those signs went up I looked at my colleagues and said "the
career-ending Cosby scandal will break in the press any day now."

I was only off by about two decades.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: amesman on October 03, 2006, 04:35:45 PM
Target as a whole reminds me of Caldor. When I first walked into on in 99 out in Buffalo, I was like "Damn, didn't this place just close up?" hehe
Target reminds me of Prange Way, another discount store that bit the dust.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people on here that have shopped or worked at Zayre in the 1980s have been to a Big Lots recently and saw how the orange color used throughout the store oddly reminds you of Zayre.

TheFugitive

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 11, 2016, 06:39:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people on here that have shopped or worked at Zayre in the 1980s have been to a Big Lots recently and saw how the orange color used throughout the store oddly reminds you of Zayre.

Actually the Big Lots where I shop used to be a Hills.  So since I remember the building being a Hills it reminds me of that.  (though you have a point, the color scheme is similar to the orange-brown motif used by Zayre at that time)

Whenever I hear the song "Sunrise" (2003) or "Stars" (1991) by Simply Red, it reminds me of my days back in high school when I worked in the back room of Big Lots. Those two songs were in heavy rotation on Big Lots' Muzak back in 2007/2008.

Ameskid

Quote from: ShopKoFan on June 11, 2016, 06:39:37 PM

My local Big Lots was a Zayre many moons ago - up until a few years ago, they even had the Zayre restroom signs intact.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/