Crappy snow of 2014 (with LOWER temps than 2013! by far!)

Started by NJxxJon, January 30, 2014, 12:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY COLDER THAN 2013

How has this year winter hurt you?
Was it fun?
Do you regret spring? Lol

I was drinking wayyyyyyyyy more and was more miserable in life - but this year and part of last a lot happier and moved into a small house on my own! Go me!
JN

TheFugitive

Maybe it's my age starting to show, but this is nothing unusual.

I can remember some VERY harsh winters (1977/78, 1983, 1985).  '83 in particular as
I was working in a grocery store at Christmas and we got a far below zero Arctic Blast.
I was of course on parking lot cart patrol, which was very unpleasant.  One of our cashiers
came to work in a really beautiful Christmas dress.  They put her on the express register
near the electric door, and by the end of her shift she was literally turning blue.

They say we got some of this in 1994.  I was in retail management then so
obviously I don't remember it.   Just been lucky enough to have a string of mild winters.

ynkeesfn82

I'm sick of the winter weather too. Looks like the satellite dish at WZME Channel 43 in Seymour, Connecticut is frozen from the sleet and freezing rain. I went to watch Perry Mason when I came in from shoveling at 10:30AM and instead on Channel 43 is a slide that identifies the station with the logo for ME-TV New York and underneath WZME 43 Bridgeport/New York.