Abandoned Buildings!!

Started by Jag67, May 22, 2005, 08:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

I can't believe nobody's done this yet!! Just pics of any abandoned (And I mean REALLY abandoned, not just vacant.) Places you run across. If this should be in general and not here, I'll move it.

Here's a pretty rough house I found in Canada. Yikes.

Jag67

A forfotten gas station-turned graffitti board, also in Canada.

Jag67

A crude shot of the Michigan Central Station.

Jag67

Former Dunlop Headquarters. This place is MUCH rougher than it looks. Almost every window is smashed and it's pretty much overgrown. And it's only been abandoned 7-8 years!!

C. Fontaine

Here's a pretty scary place on Main St, Webster.

C. Fontaine

And another right next door to it.

C. Fontaine

And here's a place in Dudley of real historical significance.  I have many pics of it because it is being renovated into apartments, I will post a full gallery.  It's name is Stevens Linen, and was at one point in the 1800's the largest textile manufacturer in the Northeast, you can see the date on the wall.

Jag67

now that's the kinda stuff I'm talkin about. Real abandoned buildings. Here's one of the buildings of the Glenny Drive Projects next my aunts school (GREAT place for an abandoned public housing project). In fact, this pic was taken in the school's athletic field. You can't see it in the pic, but RIGHT in front of this building is a baseball diamond. I mean just feet away. Scary. Thare's actually 6 of these things, this is just 1 of them. It's been abandoned since the early 80's (somewhere between 1981-85).

Jag67

I didnt take this pic, but here's the complex's water tower. Yeeech.

HoJofan206

Cool idea of a topic!!  Is anyone in the Ashbury Parke area to take some pics of the old "BoardWalk".  There are/were some really neat, and VERY abandoned buildings there.  Thanks for posting those pics, and if anyone else has some like this please post them! :roll:

Jag67

thanks. Here's the WIDE OPEN abandoned apt. building near my house. This has only been closed for about 4 or 5 years (abandoned before 2002) but the nasty kids in my town have smashed the windows and busted the doors open and scavenged the insides. I could go in here and explore if I wanted to, but I dont think it would be the best Idea. Plus, people have been dumping stuff over the years here too.

Jag67

Nice abandoned house on walden ave.

Zayre88

This house never was abandoned because there was an old man living inside.  It's been located right in the middle of a commercial area for years.  The guy finally died and the house was demolished to upgrade the image of town !!

HoJofan206

Have any pics of any abandoned hotels/motels?

truviking05

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
now that's the kinda stuff I'm talkin about. Real abandoned buildings. Here's one of the buildings of the Glenny Drive Projects next my aunts school (GREAT place for an abandoned public housing project). In fact, this pic was taken in the school's athletic field. You can't see it in the pic, but RIGHT in front of this building is a baseball diamond. I mean just feet away. Scary. Thare's actually 6 of these things, this is just 1 of them. It's been abandoned since the early 80's.

AHHHH! AHHHH! AHHHH! You know what effect these buildings had on me the last time you posted them lol! To me they just scream, "Hey, come burn me down" or "There are at least 5 murderers hiding in the crevasses of this place!"

Ok...maybe I went a little overboard. Maybe it's the effect of having watched Unsolved Mysteries since the age of 4...or the fact that buildings VERY SIMILAR to those in my area have been famous forall the wrong reasons...!!! But old, scary looking buildings like those just have this creepy crawly effect on me--I nearly shudder just looking at them, and imagining what it would be like to PLAY on a baseball diamond right across the street! Gack!

Jag67

Truviking, suprisingly, there has never been a fire in any of thewse buildings, surprisingly. Not much graffitti, either. But the smashed windows and overgrowth are both eccessive (Almost every window is smashed in all 6 buildings and what were once the parking lots are now a jungle of 4 ft. weeds and small trees.) I'm not sure if there ever been any murders in these but I'm sure their has been. What you said about them being similar- just about all public housing projects like this are the same-same architecture-same floor plans-same layout. BTW, the baseball diamond isn't across the street. It's RIGHT NEXT to this building. I mean right in it's shadow. And the only thing to secure kids from this death trap is a little 5 ft. fence (barely visible in the pic), which is broken in many places.

BTW, sorry If I scared you lol I didnt mean to:bouncing:

To answer Jo's question, the abandoned apt. building above was a motel at one time

truviking05

Truviking, suprisingly, there has never been a fire in any of thewse buildings, surprisingly. Not much graffitti, either. But the smashed windows and overgrowth are both eccessive (Almost every window is smashed in all 6 buildings and what were once the parking lots are now a jungle of 4 ft. weeds and small trees.) I'm not sure if there ever been any murders in these but I'm sure their has been. What you said about them being similar- just about all public housing projects like this are the same-same architecture-same floor plans-same layout. BTW, the baseball diamond isn't across the street. It's RIGHT NEXT to this building. I mean right in it's shadow. And the only thing to secure kids from this death trap is a little 5 ft. fence (barely visible in the pic), which is broken in many places.

BTW, sorry If I scared you lol I didnt mean to:bouncing:

To answer Jo's question, the abandoned apt. building above was a motel at one time

It's ok! You didn't really scare me--those buildings just give the creeps! :) They just have a shady sort of look and remind me of the worst part of my town!

Jag67

Actually, They're in a bad part of town!!!

Caldor1999

hear some bulding in CT with trees growing out of it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears a parking grage inm Stanford CT trees are growing out of it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

That warehouse looks pretty rough to me. I'd say that's been abandoned a good 25 years. The parking garage looks to still be open. Are you sure the trees are on top of it? Maybe theyre just behind it..

Caldor1999

That warehouse looks pretty rough to me. I'd say that's been abandoned a good 25 years. The parking garage looks to still be open. Are you sure the trees are on top of it? Maybe theyre just behind it..

its growing all over the place'

hears anouther pic this parking lot is up for leas eor something lol i'll ge t better pics next time
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Jeez, I guess so. How can a place like that stay open??? Theyre'd be roots growing thru the ceiling!!

Caldor1999

Jeez, I guess so. How can a place like that stay open??? Theyre'd be roots growing thru the ceiling!!

lol

hears a burnted beeting and torn down bar lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a  Abandoned  gas staion i saw alot of these on teh way to the danbury mall lol
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Jag67

more trees growing on a roof-this is from an abandoned warehouse (sorry about the quality of the pic)

Jag67

Another abandoned factory/warehouse

Jag67

HoJofan206

Cool pics! What city was Wonderland Mall in?  Why did it go under? :huh: