Main Menu

SpongeBob SquarePants

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), July 31, 2013, 10:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SpongeBob SquarePants is a cartoon on the cable channel Nickelodeon about a sea sponge who lives in a pineapple house in the city of Bikini Bottom (located thousands of feet below Bikini Atoll), who loves his job as a short-order cook at the Krusty Krab, spends his free time blowing bubble art, and jellyfishing. SpongeBob SquarePants was created by marine biologist-turned-animator Stephen Hillenburg, who previously worked with animator/creator Joe Murray on another Nickelodeon cartoon, Rocko's Modern Life on the writing some of that shows episodes, including "Fish & Chumps" which served as inspiration for SpongeBob SquarePants. SpongeBob SquarePants first aired on May 1, 1999, with the pilot episode, "Help Wanted/Reef Blowers/Tea at the Treedome". SpongeBob officially aired July 17, 1999 with the episode "Bubblestand/Ripped Pants".

Cast:

SpongeBob SquarePants (voiced by Tom Kenny)

Likes: Jellyfishing, blowing bubbles, singing, karate, telling jokes, spreading cheer to his fellow Bikini Bottom inhabitants, and working at the Krusty Krab!

Dislikes: Stinky things, and scary things!

Occupation: Fry-cook par excellence at the Krusty Krab restaurant.

Pet: A snail named Gary.

Best Friends: Patrick Star, Sandy Cheeks, and Squidward Tentacles.

Home: He lives in a two-story pineapple under the sea.

Favorite Hangouts: The Krusty Krab, Jellyfish Fields, and Goo Lagoon.

Usually Wears: White short-sleeve shirt, a tie, short brown pants, athletic socks, black shoes, and white underwear briefs.

Signature Quote: "I'm ready!"

Random Quote: "You taught me a valuable lesson, although I'm not quite sure what it was."

SpongeBob is a sea sponge who lives with his pet snail, Gary, in a fully furnished, two bedroom pineapple in the town of Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob's dream in life is to be the ocean's ultimate fry cook, and thanks to his job flipping Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab, he lives that dream every day. SpongeBob is as optimistic and earnest as a sea-dwelling sponge gets, but he can't seem to avoid getting himself, and usually everyone else around him, into trouble. While trying too hard, he tends to do things wrong...really wrong...which usually spells "disaster". However, SpongeBob's always looking on the bright side of life; his enthusiasm and curiosity about the world make him downright irresistible.

Patrick Star (voiced by Bill Fagerbakke)

Likes: Sleeping, eating anything, and doing whatever SpongeBob is doing.

Dislikes: Not sleeping and not eating.

Weird Habit: Wakes up at three A.M. to eat Krabby Patties.

Best Friend: SpongeBob.

Home: He lives underneath a rock.

Favorite Hangout: Any comfortable place to rest.

Usually Wears: Green bathing shorts with purple flowers on them.

Signature Quote: "Zzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Random Quote: "That is the stench of discovery."

Patrick Star is a pink starfish who is SpongeBob's best friend and neighbor. He lives under a rock and favors colorful trunks as his attire. Patrick is not the brightest sea star in the ocean, though he did attend community college, we're not sure what he studied. His attention span has been clocked at .02 seconds. His favorite activities include sleeping, catching jellyfish, napping, blowing bubbles, snoozing and eating ice cream. The last time we checked he did not have a job. As SpongeBob's closest pal, Patrick is always offering his advice and encouragement as they embark on various adventures, which usually get them both in trouble, though things seem to always work out in the end. But, for better or worse, Patrick will always be SpongeBob's loyal buddy.

Squidward Tentacles (voiced by Rodger Bumpass)

Likes: Peace and quiet, playing the clarinet (which he nicknamed "Clary"), painting pictures of himself, and soaking in a nice hot tub.

Dislikes: SpongeBob and Patrick, but mostly SpongeBob.

Nemesis: Squilliam Fancyson, his high school rival who is very successful in everything that Squidward wishes he could be. Squilliam never misses an opportunity to show off his talents and fortune.

Home: A tiki head with an uninviting expression.

Favorite Hangout: His warm bathtub or anywhere away from SpongeBob.

Usually Wears: A short-sleeve collared shirt. No pants.

Signature Quote: "How did I ever get surrounded by such loser neighbors?!"

Random Quote: "Stay back, I've got garden tools."

Squidward is a whiny stick-in-the-mud; a self-centered snob who imagines himself to be sophisticated and talented, but he's rather average and untalented. He's jealous, especially of his classy and successful nemesis, Squilliam Fancyson. He's quick to anger and just about everything annoys him. The Krusty Krab annoys him. Mr. Krabs annoys him. But most of all, SpongeBob annoys him, almost 24 hours a day. Besides working side by side with SpongeBob at the Krusty Krab, Squidward is SpongeBob's next-door neighbor. If it weren't for the fact that SpongeBob is the only one who appreciates his clarinet playing, modern dance routines, and artistic abilities, Squidward would have nothing to do with him. SpongeBob finds Squidward's grumpiness part of his charm, knowing that deep down Squid's got a good heart and likes to have fun, Squidward just doesn't know it!

Eugene H. Krabs (voiced by Clancy Brown)

Dislikes: Losing a penny.

Occupation: Owner and founder of the Krusty Krab. He also has been a sailor, a pirate, and owner of the Rusty Krab retirement home (which he turned into the Krusty Krab).

Best Friend: Money.

Home: A black anchor.

Favorite Hangout: As close to his money as possible.

Usually Wears: Short-sleeve shirt, blue pants, and a big, black belt.

Signature Quote: "Arrggh!"

Random Quote: "It sounds like...the pitter-patter of...MONEY!!"

Mr. Krabs is SpongeBob's boss and the owner of The Krusty Krab, home of the delicious Krabby Patty. Nobody's cheaper or greedier or prouder of it. His favorite thing to say is, "I like money!" Krabs still has the first penny he ever earned and all his savings is stashed in his mattress. Mr. Krabs likes SpongeBob because he's willing to work long hours for little pay, and has occasionally taken him under his claw (especially if there is personal financial gain involved). Krabs has an ongoing rivalry with Plankton, the owner of The Chum Bucket. Krabs is obsessed with keeping his Krabby Patty secret formula safe from Plankton. However, each secretly enjoys competing with the other. The only thing that has more control over Mr. Krabs than money is his teenage daughter, Pearl, who just happens to be a whale.

Sandy Cheeks (voiced by Carolyn Lawrence)

Likes: Texas, karate, surfing, skiing, yodeling, weight lifting, and extreme sports.

Dislikes: Water in her helmet.

Pets: Wormy (a caterpillar who turned into a butterfly), a cricket, Snaky the Snake, and birds.

Best Friend: SpongeBob.

Home: An underwater treedome filled with air.

Usually Wears: Space suit, and a helmet with a flower on it.

Signature Quote: "Don't you dare take the name of Texas in vain!"

Random Quote: "Don't you have to be stupid somewhere else?"

Sandy Cheeks is a squirrel from the great state of Texas. Since she is a land-based, oxygen breathing species, she lives in a large, glassed-in, underwater home in Bikini Bottom known as the "Treedome", where she invents amazing devices and performs awesome experiments. Sandy is one smart squirrel but is also into extreme sports, surfing and most of all...ka-ra-te! SpongeBob is her favorite sparring partner. She loves Texas and misses it on occasion, but not enough to leave her new home and new pals!

Sheldon Plankton (voiced by Mr. Lawrence)

Dislikes: Not having the secret recipe to Krabby Patties!

Occupation: Owner of the Chum Bucket, the world's worst fast-food restaurant, where the menu includes Living Hand Burgers and Chumbalaya.

Pets: None. Who would want to be his pet?

Best Friend: Karen (his computer wife), or anyone who will give him the secret recipe to Krabby Patties!

Pretend Best Friend: SpongeBob. Plankton once befriended SpongeBob in an attempt to get the Krabby Patty recipe.

Home: The Chum Bucket. He lives where he works.

Favorite Hangout: The Krusty Krab (for spying purposes).

Usually Wears: A mean one-eyed expression.

Signature Quote: "You blasted barnacle head!"

Random Quote: "Victory, thy name is Plankton."

Mr. Krabs's arch-rival "Sheldon" Plankton is a little microbe with a big attitude problem. Owner of the rival restaurant, The Chum Bucket, Plankton's only objective in life is to steal Krabs's secret Krabby Patty recipe. Then he can steal away The Krusty Krabs's customers as well. Plankton knows nothing about preparing food and as a result The Chum Bucket's menu (consisting mostly of chum products) is horrible. Plankton rarely has a customer, but he's a nasty little fellow who never gives up. Plankton's companion is his computer wife: K.A.R.E.N. Karen tries to assist Plankton in his dastardly schemes to get the secret formula, but Plankton's ego never allows him to succeed. It kind of makes you feel sorry for the little guy, until you remember he's pure hot gas.

Gary (voiced by Tom Kenny)

Dislikes: Baths.

Pets: None. He is a pet.

Home: SpongeBob's house.

Usually Wears: A shell.

Signature Quote: "Meow."

Random Quote: "Meow."

SpongeBob's loyal pet is a sea snail. He may not move so fast and he may leave a trail of slime everywhere he goes and he may not be so good at catching Frisbees or fetching slippers, and sometimes he's a real stick in the mud, but Gary's the best darn pet an invertebrate sea sponge with square pants could possibly ask for, and that's all that matters. Gary possesses the ability to speak, though his vocabulary consists of one word: "Meow". However, SpongeBob, his doting master can understand exactly what he is saying, whether it be advice or a request for "Food!"

Pikapower

Squidward lives in an Easter Island head, but he is the boring character on the show!

I can't believe that Nickelodeon still airs new SpongeBob episodes. It seems SpongeBob is the longest running show on Nickelodeon.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Quote from: Pikapower on August 01, 2013, 06:40:28 PM
Squidward lives in an Easter Island head, but he is the boring character on the show!

I can't believe that Nickelodeon still airs new SpongeBob episodes. It seems SpongeBob is the longest running show on Nickelodeon.

Yes, I know! The show turns 15 next year on July 17. There's also going to be a new SpongeBob SquarePants Movie sequel coming to theaters next year during the holiday season.

Pikapower

I think that SpongeBob is trying to be the next longest running cartoon show (after The Simpsons) or the next longest running kids show (after Sesame Street) if it goes on any longer! :o

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

SpongeBob SquarePants is to Nickelodeon, what Mickey Mouse is to Disney, and what Bugs Bunny is to Warner Bros.

SpongeBob SquarePants might get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the future.

Other fictional characters that have been awarded with a star on the Walk of Fame include The Simpsons (TV), The Rugrats (TV), Kermit the Frog (TV), Bugs Bunny (Movies), Mickey Mouse (Movies), Woody Woodpecker (Movies), Shrek (Movies), Big Bird (TV), Godzilla (Movies), The Munchkins (Movies), The Muppets (Movies), Snow White (Movies), Tinker Bell (Movies), and Winnie the Pooh (Movies).

These fictional characters contributed to television and and movies, and I feel (along with millions of people around the nation and around the world), that SpongeBob SquarePants has contributed to the entertainment industry. I also would like it if on the same day, that former marine biologist-turned animator and creator of SpongeBob SquarePants, Stephen Hillenburg would also be awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, as well as comedian and voice actor, Tom Kenny, who voiced SpongeBob and Gary, as well as portrayed Patchy the Pirate, since they also made contributions to the entertainment industry.

Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 01, 2013, 07:30:29 PM
There's also going to be a new SpongeBob SquarePants Movie sequel coming to theaters next year during the holiday season.
Update: The theatrical release for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2 has been pushed back to February 13, 2015. Right now, they are filming the live action sequences in Savanna, Georgia. The new release date means that Stephen Hillenburg and the rest of the SpongeBob animation crew could spend one more year perfecting the movie, and in 2014, Nickelodeon could focus on the show's 15th anniversary.

Pikapower

There's a SpongeBob roller coaster called the "Rock Bottom Plunge"!

Here's an on ride video of it
http://youtu.be/AOS3iWJOLMs

TheFugitive

Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 01, 2013, 07:30:29 PM
Quote from: Pikapower on August 01, 2013, 06:40:28 PM

Yes, I know! The show turns 15 next year on July 17. There's also going to be a new SpongeBob SquarePants Movie sequel coming to theaters next year during the holiday season.

My daughter fell in love with SpongeBob right from the very start.   It was one of the few kids shows
we could watch together as they kept enough of the humor aimed at the adults in the audience.

I remember taking her and her friends to see the SpongeBob Movie.
She just graduated from college.  Time flies!

I found out what the title of the sequel to "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" is:

"The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water 3D"

The movie is set to be released on February 6, 2015, and the teaser poster looks like this:

(The poster is a nod to the classic 1950s Coppertone sunscreen advertisements)

Official Website:
http://www.spongebobmovie.com/

Pikapower

^So, SpongeBob is going to be in CGI animation?

Quote from: Pikapower on July 12, 2014, 05:34:00 PM
^So, SpongeBob is going to be in CGI animation?
Judging by the title of the new film, yes, but only in the live action sequence.

It will also include a live action sequence filmed in the city of Savannah, Georgia, on and around Tybee Island.

SpongeBob, Patrick, and his friends get chased by pirate named Captain Burger Beard (portrayed by Antonio Banderas) on pirate ship/food truck hybrid in a car chase.

The buildings in Savannah and Tybee Island were dressed up to look like buildings found in a beach community called Salty Shoals for the film, with various buildings disguised as fudge shops, surf shops, and buoy shops for the film.

*** CALLING ALL SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS FANS ON THIS WEBSITE!!!! ***

...A new movie trailer for "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water" has been to their official website:

http://www.spongebobmovie.com/

I'm waiting to see how everybody on this website reacts to this movie's first trailer. So far, I think it will be more action-packed than the first film. Slash from Guns N' Roses will appear in the live action sequence, and so will SpongeBob and his friends as you never seen him before, in CGI animation on land (he and his friends will remain in hand-drawn animation underwater), SpongeBob and his friends become superheroes in part of the movie, to save the Krabby Patty recipe from a pirate (played by Antonio Banderas). This movie is Paramount Animation's first movie collaboration with Nickelodeon Movies (the first SpongeBob Movie was created at Warner Bros. Animation studios and produced by Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount Pictures).

Pikapower

Quote from: Pikapower on August 09, 2014, 07:45:26 PM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 12, 2014, 12:29:45 AM

How could SpongeBob be on land if he's a sea creature?
His body can absorb water, in the 1st movie, he (along with Patrick and hundreds of other sea creatures) gets rehydrated by the Shell City Gift Shop's sprinkler system, after his teardrop shorts the electrical socket. My theory is, that as long as they're still hydrated, they could stay on land, otherwise they would have to wear a dome filled with water. In the 2nd movie, SpongeBob and his friends get super powers and become superheroes, so that might have an effect on their survival above water, as seen in the the preview for the 2nd movie. If you have seen the latest "Ninja Turtles" film, you might've seen the preview for "SpongeBob 2" attached to it.

Some new Sponge out of Water posters:

BTW, has anyone here who is a SpongeBob fan like me, seen the trailer for this film at SpongeBobMovie.com yet?

Is anyone here excited for the new SpongeBob Movie becides me?!  ???

HannafordHearts

Quote from: ShopKoFan on January 24, 2015, 08:15:15 AM
Is anyone here excited for the new SpongeBob Movie becides me?!  ???

I am, I'm going to see it with my sister when it releases. I loved the first one, and I did hear that Stephen Hillenburg came back to work on the new movie, so I have hope that it will be good. :)

Pikapower

2001 marked the first time that SpongeBob SqaurePants toys were offered in Burger King kids meals. The toys were mostly bath toys.