Last Hotel or Motel you stayed in

Started by MikeRa, October 14, 2019, 07:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeRa

What was the last hotel or motel you stayed in?

Mine was Disney's Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort back in July 2019.  Always went to "The Wave" lounge & restaurant there every night.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Brammy

Double Tree King of Prussia, PA. August 31-September 2, 2019.
The Real Brammy

TheFugitive

Philadelphia 201 Hotel, Center City Philadelphia.
Sept. 21-22 of this year.

JimSawhill

How about adding campgrounds to the discussion?

buzz86us

I tried to stay in a hotel, but the desk clerk was so rude. I needed to activate my fleet card via a website and my phone was dead asked if i could just charge it for a bit and the dude threatened to call the police. I was so pissed off that i slept in my car a bit then went home. I've been staying in AirBnBs since the people are much nicer. This was a Quality Inn in Colonie I told the clerk to shred something for me and handed him my choice privileges gold card and walked out. I wasn't impolite during the whole interaction.

deerwrecker2017

The last time I ever stayed in any Hotel or Motel of any kind was 22 Years ago.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Over 10 years ago, I stayed with my foster family at a Ramada Inn in Waukegan, Illinois. We were going to Six Flags Great America.

TheFugitive

The Mills House, a really cool old hotel in the middle of Charleston, South Carolina.

TheFugitive

The Omni in downtown Richmond, Virginia.  Nice, clean hotel with a very friendly and efficient staff.  Other than that nothing really special about it, kinda looks like most other big multistory downtown hotels.  There was an adjacent arcade area that contained a Starbucks and a Chick-fil-A which was very convenient though.

TheFugitive

Courtyard by Marriott Bonvoy in Southfield, Michigan.

Stayed here overnight while on business in the area.  Every member of the hotel staff I came into contact with was exceptionally friendly and helpful. There was no complimentary breakfast or even coffee, just a restaurant in the lobby.  I had a very generously portioned breakfast bowl at the restaurant that was delicious.  Bed was comfy and I slept well. 

That being said there were a number of maintenance issues with this hotel.  The drawer on my nightstand refused to stay closed and kept popping out into half-open mode. (The half-open nightstand drawer contained a Book of Mormon instead of the more typical Gideon Bible which I thought was odd, perhaps the owners are Mormons?). The alarm clock did not work as the switch that would allow you to set your wake time was broken (yeah, I know almost everybody uses their phone these days, which I did).  The towel bar in the bathroom was loose and it kept falling off the wall and clanging on the tile.  The toilet did not flush at anything near peak efficiency, requiring three flushes to clear the bowl.  And one of my co-workers in an adjacent room said that his window blinds would not shut which caused him to not get much sleep.  The parking lot is brightly lit and he was not able to darken the room with those blinds being broken.

It's a shame the place had so many of these issues considering how nice all of their employees were.  It's kind of surprising Marriott has let these pile-up.

BillyGr

Quote from: TheFugitive on April 23, 2024, 11:18:40 AMCourtyard by Marriott Bonvoy in Southfield, Michigan.

Stayed here overnight while on business in the area.  Every member of the hotel staff I came into contact with was exceptionally friendly and helpful. There was no complimentary breakfast or even coffee, just a restaurant in the lobby. 

Not 100% certain, but I seem to remember that that particular brand (the Courtyard part) was always set up like that, with a restaurant and thus no included food (other than if they opted to offer a special deal when you booked that would include breakfast from said restaurant, for instance).

TheFugitive

Quote from: BillyGr on Yesterday at 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: TheFugitive on April 23, 2024, 11:18:40 AMCourtyard by Marriott Bonvoy in Southfield, Michigan.

Stayed here overnight while on business in the area.  Every member of the hotel staff I came into contact with was exceptionally friendly and helpful. There was no complimentary breakfast or even coffee, just a restaurant in the lobby. 

Not 100% certain, but I seem to remember that that particular brand (the Courtyard part) was always set up like that, with a restaurant and thus no included food (other than if they opted to offer a special deal when you booked that would include breakfast from said restaurant, for instance).

You may be right about that.  I don't recall ever staying in one before.
At any rate it was way better than any of the places where Ames used to put me up
after they filed for bankruptcy.