tokensafari

Some of the games i play quite often would be:
Rise of Nations
Dark Alliance
Max Payne 2
Diablo
Sim City
The Sims
and so many more. I'm also a big fan of the old Sega system, along with the older systems of the past. If you would like to talk about any of the games, systems, or anything else please feel free to post it here.

amesman

I have a Sega Dreamcast, and I like some of the war games, like Medal of Honor, and I like The Sims too. :)

Zayre88

Sim City...

Mall Tycoon... although it's not that fun because you can't create malls with real stores like Kmart, Sears, Ames...  The only real stores available are EB Games and GameStop.

C. Fontaine

Ohh yeah, Simcity will never die.  Doom is my favorite, that game just never gets old.  I also didn't really like Doom 3.  I don't think there will ever be a way to improve or redo that game...

amesman

yeah, Mall Tycoon I thought would be cool, but no real stores :(:mad: They could've gotten permission..lol

tokensafari

Mall tycoon was a joke, in my oppinion. I'm not a big fan of the tycoon genre. The only one i didn't mind playing was Rollercoaster Tycoon. Other than that.. they lack in a lot of ways.  The ideas behind them are great, they're just poorly made. :flaming:

Hddfan135

I usually play this classic game called "Duke Nukem 3D". The engine is really easy to use, and I make modifacations and new levels for the game.

Guess what this is a parody of?

C. Fontaine

Oh man, I grew up on Duke Nukem and Doom.  That's awesome, way back in the day I used to mod and build levels in Doom!

Ameskid

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Mall tycoon was a joke, in my oppinion. I'm not a big fan of the tycoon genre. The only one i didn't mind playing was Rollercoaster Tycoon. Other than that.. they lack in a lot of ways.  The ideas behind them are great, they're just poorly made. :flaming:
Yes! Agreed; Mall Tycoon was horrible ant the Chris Sawyer Tycoon franchise has spun out.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

videogamer75

I've been playing my N64 a lot lately. I just bought it about 3 months ago. I've also been playing Super Mario Bros. on NES.

kendra

I casually collect old consoles as well as computers...I have a Super Nintendo, a Sega Genesis, and an N64 all in full working condition (though I never use the N64, but it was free, so no complaints) and two 'project' NESs that are currently in storage, neither of them are currently operational. I don't have the space I once had in order to pursue this interest, unfortunately. I also have a Wii and download games for the Virtual Console on that. I have a Commodore Amiga that I need to get a book disk for and a rather large IBM computer (5 1/4 and 3 1/2 floppy drives, naturally) from the late 80s that is operational but needs a bit of TLC that I don't really have the time nor space to give it right now, so in storage it stays. I do run DosBox on my primary laptop so I can run old software...I like a lot of the Infocom and Sierra games from the 80s, plus some of the Apogee shareware stuff (Commander Keen, et al) and MicroProse's excellent F-19 Steath Fighter flight sim, which is still a blast to play twenty years later.

After I've obtained my graduate degree and gotten settled into a moderately lucrative career (one can only hope, anyway) I want to start collecting and refurbishing old arcade cabinets...the first one I'd really like to have is a sit-down Monaco GP cabinet. We used to have an arcade here in Bangor that was populated entirely by vintage video games, as well as some circa-70s pinball tables, and my old favorite, skee-ball. I spent way too much time and money in that place, and I was very sad to see it go.

But anyway. Vintage games -- love 'em. :bounce:

NJxxJon

I booted.....hahahaha started up my Atari the other week. Runs great. Gotta love ebay.
JN

Zayre88

When i was kid with my brother, my parents did not wanted us to have a NES console.  Everyone in the neighborhood had one so it was not so bad.

Then we received a gift from my dad's boss, an old Atari that was not used by his son anymore.  We had a lot of fun with that until we finally received our SNES.  Then after a few years, we sold it.  But lately i regretted and bought another one on eBay, just to play Super Mario and Sim City.

And our favorite Atari games were: Adventure, Stampede, Asteroids, Missile Command, Boxing, Enduro, Centipede and Vanguard.

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Centipede

Oh man...they had the cabinet version of this in the student union at school when the semester started, and I was pouring quarters into it like crazy...and then, one day, it was gone, replaced by one of those stupid dance games or something. :flaming:

scottw73

does anyone remember the Neo-Geo system, the console was really expensive ($650) and the games were like $200. the graphics were pretty cool and the sound was amazing.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
When i was kid with my brother, my parents did not wanted us to have a NES console.  Everyone in the neighborhood had one so it was not so bad.

Then we received a gift from my dad's boss, an old Atari that was not used by his son anymore.  We had a lot of fun with that until we finally received our SNES.  Then after a few years, we sold it.  But lately i regretted and bought another one on eBay, just to play Super Mario and Sim City.

And our favorite Atari games were: Adventure, Stampede, Asteroids, Missile Command, Boxing, Enduro, Centipede and Vanguard.

Yeah, that's the truth. I remember everyone used to rate you based on whether you had an NES or not. Then they'd rate you on what games you owned.

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by scottw73
does anyone remember the Neo-Geo system, the console was really expensive ($650) and the games were like $200. the graphics were pretty cool and the sound was amazing.

I do recall the Neo-Geo, another crazily-priced "cutting edge" one was the Panasonic 3DO in the mid-90s...my old roommate was one of the, oh, probably 12 or so people in the world that actually bought one. :insane: It was fairly rubbish, at any rate...nice graphics and all (especially for 1994 or so) but the gameplay was pretty lame. The Neo-Geo was a far superior system, IMO. Never owned one myself, but I would have liked to have.

videogamer75

I'm currently playing Call of Duty: World at War on PC. AWESOME game. :) I would also like to get an Xbox 360.

XDeSuEhTX

Does anyone know if Retail Tycoon 2 or Mall Tycoon 3 are any good? I don't really care about real store brands, I'd just like to play a game where you create your own.

Also I agree, Duke Nukem and Doom are classics. I also played them constantly back in the day, and made levels with the level editor.

I also had just about any older console you could think of. I do currently own a 360 (I haven't played much), but despite the fact that I still want to have an interest in games, I really don't that much anymore. The most recent game I've played was COD4.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

XDeSuEhTX

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid
QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Yes! Agreed; Mall Tycoon was horrible ant the Chris Sawyer Tycoon franchise has spun out.

Eh... Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is a classic to me. I played it endlessly, creating my own parks with tons of attention to detail. Loved that game.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I like to play a lot of the classics, including Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog.

I consider the best Sonic the Hedgehog game to be Sonic 3 & Knuckles, originally supposed to be one game, but split up due to time constraints. That is where Sonic & Knuckles' "Lock-On" technology falls into play when Sonic 3 is placed on top.

Pikapower

Quote from: tokensafari on January 17, 2005, 01:57:58 AM

I owned that Mall Tycoon game! Sounds like a great idea to be able to run your own mall in a video game, but sadly the game was indeed the pits! 
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia