Forestville Commons Bristol, CT

Started by ynkeesfn82, May 25, 2013, 01:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

The Forestville Commons is located on Pine Street in the Forestville Section of Bristol. Carpenter Realty demolished most of the Plaza and rebuilt it in the early-Mid 1990s. What they didn't demolish was the building that is now Webster Bank (Not sure if it was Webster Bank back then) and the movie theater building that was complete gutted and divide into retail space about 5 or 6 years ago. Back in the day the plaza was then known as Pine Plaza and had such businesses as a small A&P Grocery Store, A&P Liquors, Brooks Pharmacy, Loew's 8 Theater, and years and years before that Maryland Fried Chicken and The Hide-away Cafe.

Building #1:
Stop & Shop (Second Bristol Store)

Building #2
A&P Liquors

Building #3 (Former Movie Theater Building)
Jump-n-Jammin (Indoor Bounce House)
Max Muscle (think GNC type store)
Vacant (Former Ice Cream Shop -very short lived)
CT Nail & Spa
Subway
Whiz Kids Daycare

Building #4
99 Restaurant
China Kitchen Restaurant
Family Haircut (Second Location in Bristol)

Free Standing:
Webster Bank

Also in Plaza:
Stop & Shop Gas Station

For the past couple of years there's been talk of a Fast Food Restaurant wanting to build next to A&P Liquors, but so far there have been no takers.

ynkeesfn82

I now work at the Stop & Shop in this plaza. There are now 3 vacancies not including the 2 yet to be built pad sites next to A&P Wine & Spirits.

Vacant spaces: MAX Muscle Nutrition, the former ice cream parlor (it was something else that didn't last long), and Family Haircut just closed a month or 2 ago.

Not sure what's going to become of A&P Wine & Spirits.

AmesNewington

Quote from: Marc B on November 19, 2015, 08:08:37 PM
I now work at the Stop & Shop in this plaza. There are now 3 vacancies not including the 2 yet to be built pad sites next to A&P Wine & Spirits.

Vacant spaces: MAX Muscle Nutrition, the former ice cream parlor (it was something else that didn't last long), and Family Haircut just closed a month or 2 ago.

Both A&P Wine & Spirits locations in Newington are still very much open, even though A&P was supposed to cease all operations by next week. Either they'll just close up suddenly the day before Thanksgiving, or will stick around until the new year. I was hoping someone would buy them.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on November 19, 2015, 08:08:37 PM

Marc, how old is that store? Any new stores in the vacant spaces?

ynkeesfn82

The Stop & Shop opened 18 years ago this summer, I think. The A&P liquor store was rebuilt in its current location at the same time. It was located in the old plaza where there was an A&P grocery store. And there are no new stores in the plaza.

giantsfan2016

giantsfan2016

An interesting story.

Back this past winter I was working until Midnite at Stop & Shop with my favorite boss G-Dawg. After he rang out a customer and I had bagged the order the customer said this.

Customer: I just found out you guys were here. I moved to the area about 6 months ago and I never knew you were here. I've been going to the Route 6 store. Tonight I took a drive to see what else was in the neighborhood and I was surprised to see Stop & Shop. How long have you been open?

G-Dawg: We've been here for many years. I don't know the exact number of years.

Me: This year we will have been open 18 years.

Customer: Really? You guys need better signage or something.

Me: We do have a sign on Pine Street. I guess we should have one on Lincoln Ave.

Customer: That would be good. Especially with The 72 connector right there.

Me: You can always go to STOPANDSHOP.COM and email the suggestion to the store.

G-Dawg: Yeah. It can't hurt. Maybe they'll say something to Mr. Carpenter our landlord.

Customer: Thanks. I'll do that.

So maybe 3 weeks later a sign went up just past the Lincoln Ave entrance to the plaza right by the 72 Connector.  This summer they also added the prices of our gasoline and other businesses in the plaza.

giantsfan2016

A&P Wine and Spirits is now Happy Harry's Wine and Spirits. A Tae Kwon Do School is opening in the old Max Muscle.

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on December 28, 2016, 05:36:51 PM
A&P Wine and Spirits is now Happy Harry's Wine and Spirits. A Tae Kwon Do School is opening in the old Max Muscle.

Are there other stores under that name in the state as well?  I can only assume it's not a sneaky trick by a pharmacy chain to run a liquor store...

giantsfan2016

Quote from: BillyGr on December 29, 2016, 12:27:48 PM
Quote from: Marc B on December 28, 2016, 05:36:51 PM

Are there other stores under that name in the state as well?  I can only assume it's not a sneaky trick by a pharmacy chain to run a liquor store...

He bought the one on the Berlin Turnpike too. That became Happy Harry's a few weeks before Forestville did. Not that it matters but I think he's of Indian Decent. His face is on the sign. If I had my camera with me I would've snapped a pic.

giantsfan2016

I believe Whiz Kids Daycare Center has closed. Mr. Carpenter is now actively seeking new tenants as he has hired Colliers International as his leasing agent.

Building #1
Stop and Shop # 642

Building #2
Happy Harry's Wine & Spirits

Building #3 (Old Movie Theater Building)
Former Whiz Kids Day Care
Former Jump N Jamnmin' (Indoor Bonce House)
Tae Kwon Do School
Former Gems and Gents (it was some kind of place to hold events for kids)
Subway

Building #4
The 99 Restaurant
China Kitchen
Former Family Hair Cut

Building #5
Webster Bank

Building #6
Stop & Shop Gas station

There are also trying to get 2 out parcels built next to Happy Harry's Wine and Spirits.

Brammy

Some positive news for this shopping center. A pet grooming place has opened or is opening in the former Family Haircut. It relocated from Route 10 in Plainville. There is no sign for them at the entrance to the plaza however. In fact the Family Hair Cut sign is still up as is the sign for Jump N Jammin'  and Whiz Kids Daycare.

Also the area where Jump N Jammin'/Whiz Kids appears to be under renovations. To what? It's boarded up with a sign that has the name of a construction company. Interesting all the vans belonging to Whiz Kids still sit in the back of the plaza.

The Real Brammy

Brammy

Update: The pet grooming place is now open. Bristol Family Dental is opening in the plaza. It's moving from a building on the corner of Morris Ave and Route 6.
The Real Brammy