Corbin's Corner West Hartford, Connecticut

Started by ynkeesfn82, February 02, 2015, 06:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Corbin's Corner is a huge shopping plaza on New Britain Avenue in West Hartford across the street from the upscale Westfarms Mall. It's owned by Regency Shopping Centers. Current tenants are:

Red Robin (in a building by itself).

Best Buy (formerly Filene's Basement)
Best Buy (Next to the main Best Buy store. 3076 Sq. Feet)
Payless Shoes
D'Angelo's
Trader Joe's
Vacant (formerly Radio Shack)
Verizon Wireless
Dress Barn
Toys 'R' Us
Pier 1
Eastern Mountain Sports
Old Navy
Chipolte
Men's Wearhouse
Carter's
Vacant (Formerly Office Depot)
Best Buy Mobile? (Small 1617 Sq. Foot Spot listed at Best Buy)
Starbucks
Vacant
Orange Nails & Spa

Separate Building:

Sears (Owned by Sears and not Regency)
(Part of Sears space is supposed to become Destination XL)

Separate Building:
Bank of America

Separate Building:
Jared Gallery of Diamonds

http://www.regencycenters.com/retail-space/ct/west-hartford/corbins-corner

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on February 02, 2015, 06:04:11 PM
Corbin's Corner is a huge shopping plaza on New Britain Avenue in West Hartford across the street from the upscale Westfarms Mall. It's owned by Regency Shopping Centers. Current tenants are:

Payless Shoes
D'Angelo's
Trader Joe's
Verizon Wireless
Dress Barn
Toys 'R' Us
Pier 1
Eastern Mountain Sports
Old Navy
Chipolte
Men's Wearhouse
Carter's
Starbucks
Vacant
Orange Nails & Spa

Separate Building:

Separate Building:
Bank of America

Separate Building:

The Radio Shack closed there? I worked at that location back in 2005, the one at West Farms closed a few years ago, leaves the one at in the center as the only one left for W.H

The Jarod store will be the second location for CT and the Best Buy mobile is behind Starbucks.

ynkeesfn82

When I was younger I remember Coconuts Music Store (from the same people that owned Strawberries Music Store), Mikasa Dinnerware Glassware Store, Casual Male Big & Tall.

ynkeesfn82

Payless Shoes
D'Angelo's
Trader Joe's
Verizon Wireless
Dress Barn
Toys 'R' Us
Pier 1
Eastern Mountain Sports
Old Navy
Chipolte
Men's Wearhouse
Carter's
Starbucks
Vacant
Orange Nails & Spa

Separate Building:

Separate Building:
Bank of America

Separate Building:

One of these stores will be closing and moving to Southington in a new development planned near Target off I-84 and West Street. The developer hopes to name the tenant in the coming weeks.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on June 17, 2015, 06:58:17 PM

Payless Shoes
D'Angelo's
Trader Joe's
Verizon Wireless
Dress Barn
Toys 'R' Us
Pier 1
Eastern Mountain Sports
Old Navy
Chipolte
Men's Wearhouse
Carter's
Starbucks
Vacant
Orange Nails & Spa

Separate Building:

Separate Building:
Bank of America

Separate Building:

One of these stores will be closing and moving to Southington in a new development planned near Target off I-84 and West Street. The developer hopes to name the tenant in the coming weeks.

The Best Buy location used to be a Stop and Shop back in the 70s. What store is moving to Southington?

ynkeesfn82

The developer hasn't announced it yet. Personally my Mom hopes it's Pier One, so she doesn't have to go to the one in Bristol any more. Meanwhile a bunch of clueless dopes in Southington hopes its going to be Trader Joe's. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you Jim. Southington has 42,000 residents and it can't support the 4 grocery stores it has now, so it does not need Trader Joe's. Southington already has Shoprite, Price Chopper, Stop & Shop, and an IGA affiliated store in the Plantsville section of town. Plus Target, Walmart, and BJs Wholesale all sell a decent amount of groceries. Plus there is an IGA affiliated store just up the road from Shoprite on the Plainville side of Route 10.

And one of my friends hopes it will be Sears to move from Corbin's Corner to Southington. I already told her Sears is in dire straights and not opening new stores. Plus Sears owns their building in Corbin's Corner.

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on June 23, 2015, 07:35:17 PM
The developer hasn't announced it yet. Personally my Mom hopes it's Pier One, so she doesn't have to go to the one in Bristol any more. Meanwhile a bunch of clueless dopes in Southington hopes its going to be Trader Joe's. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you Jim. Southington has 42,000 residents and it can't support the 4 grocery stores it has now, so it does not need Trader Joe's. Southington already has Shoprite, Price Chopper, Stop & Shop, and an IGA affiliated store in the Plantsville section of town. Plus Target, Walmart, and BJs Wholesale all sell a decent amount of groceries. Plus there is an IGA affiliated store just up the road from Shoprite on the Plainville side of Route 10.

And one of my friends hopes it will be Sears to move from Corbin's Corner to Southington. I already told her Sears is in dire straights and not opening new stores. Plus Sears owns their building in Corbin's Corner.

It will probably be Pier One, I can't see Best Buy moving or Trader Joes. Trader Joes has the same mentally like Whole Foods, they move into towns where the money is.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRU7536 on June 23, 2015, 10:13:29 PM
Quote from: Marc B on June 23, 2015, 07:35:17 PM

Trader Joe's is great...I call it an upscale Aldi.

It will probably be Pier One, I can't see Best Buy moving or Trader Joes. Trader Joes has the same mentally like Whole Foods, they move into towns where the money is.

giantsfan2016

Total Wine & More opened in the former Office Depot. Spirit Halloween opened in the former Eastern Mountain Sports.

giantsfan2016

PetValu replaced Payless Shoesource.

A new concept restaurant called The Simple Greek is opening in the old Radio Shack. The Simple Greek looks to be a similar concept to Subway and Moe's where you pick your ingredients and they make your food right in front of you.

giantsfan2016

The site plan now shows something called The Tile Store moving into the Old Pier One and a pediatrics doctor clinic opening in the old Eastern Mountain Sports. The nail salon I guess is closing too.

Sears which was in a building that they owned on the property closed in the winter of 2017. The building is now owned by Seritage, which I guess is somehow connected to Sears and will be remodeled into a Off Saks Fifth Avenue, a relocated REI Store, and Shake Shack.  It's being called The Shoppes at Coribn's Corner. This shows what the property will look like once redeveloped.

http://saugatuckcommercial.com/pdfs/shoppes_at_corbins_corner_westhartford.pdf

giantsfan2016

Quote from: Brammy on October 11, 2017, 07:07:40 PM
The site plan now shows something called The Tile Store moving into the Old Pier One and a pediatrics doctor clinic opening in the old Eastern Mountain Sports. The nail salon I guess is closing too.

Sears which was in a building that they owned on the property closed in the winter of 2017. The building is now owned by Seritage, which I guess is somehow connected to Sears and will be remodeled into a Off Saks Fifth Avenue, a relocated REI Store, and Shake Shack.  It's being called The Shoppes at Coribn's Corner. This shows what the property will look like once redeveloped.

http://saugatuckcommercial.com/pdfs/shoppes_at_corbins_corner_westhartford.pdf

Dress Barn was replaced by a store called Roz and Ali, which is a sister chain to Dress Barn. As for the old Sears building while the site plans don't show it, pictures of the proposed redevelopment now show a Buy Buy Baby and a Cost World Market coming into the building in addition to the REI, Shake Shack, and Sacks Off Fifth Avenue.

JJBers

My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JJBers on November 16, 2017, 09:34:01 PM
Here is the progress on the Sears -> REI+Other

Former Sears (West Hartford, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how that project was coming along. Since I don't have a car I don't get out that way. The last time I was in the area with my Mom was back at the end of February. We went to Westfarms to go to Penney's since I had gotten my Mom a couple gift cards for her Christmas Presents. (Usually she only shops on JCP.COM since the Meriden Penney's closed in 2014).

giantsfan2016

I think Christmas Tree Shop from the Bed, Bath, and Beyond Company would be the perfect replacement tenant for Toys R Us. Two of their sister chains are opening in the former Sears building on the same, but separately owned property. Bed, Bath, and Beyond itself is down the road.

giantsfan2016

I was at Corbin's Corner today with my friend (and fellow board member) Geno. We inside Spirit Halloween in the old Toys R Us. There was an old blue TRU cart on the sales floor filled with cardboard and trash to be brought into their backroom.

Also Bonchon Chicken is opening in the former D'Angelo Sandwich shop next to Trader Joe's.

JJBers

Well the new REI and Saks off Fifth Ave. opened up back in April in the former Sears area:

Saks Off Fifth Avenue (West Hartford, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr

REI (West Hartford, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

Brammy

Changes coming to Corbin's Corner. Trader Joe's plans on a 2,500 Square Foot Expansion. The landlord plans on redoing the facade on the entire plaza. The landlord is also in negotiations with restaurants to occupy the former Jared's Galleria of Diamonds location. They may use the existing building or bulldoze the building and build a new building in its place.
The Real Brammy