MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television)

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), May 04, 2013, 05:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Discuss everything about the digital subchannel MeTV, "Memorable Entertainment Television", including the TV shows (M*A*S*H, Gunsmoke, Star Trek, Lost in Space, Batman, Svengoolie, etc.).

ynkeesfn82

Staring this Monday ME-TV is the new home of Leave it to Beaver and Adam-12/Dragnet. Both were previously airing on the other classic tv diginet Antenna-TV. Beaver will be airing 9AM-10AM Eastern and A-12/Dragnet will be airing in the 4PM hour leading into Emergency at 5. It's too bad ME-TV is only airing one episode each of A-12/Dragnet.

In Connecticut if you have AT&T U-Verse you get the national feed of ME-TV and get it 24/7. Where I live we get ME-TV on Channel 75 via WZME Bridgeport/NYC and they only Show ME-TV 2AM-6AM and 9AM-10PM Monday-Friday and 2PM-10PM and 2AM-5AM on Saturdays/Sundays. The rest of the time they show infomercials and public affairs programming.

Hudsons81

Their ongoing "Summer of Me" promotion officially ends at 5 AM Monday (after The Saint). This will bring a slew of programming changes (I'm only listing some):

• The weeknight "Comedy Conundrum" will be modified so that the schedule is like this: The Bob Newhart Show on Mondays, Taxi on Tuesdays (coincidentally, the exact same timeslot the show occupied prior to the "Summer of Me"), F Troop will remain on Wednesdays, Welcome Back Kotter on Thursdays (moving from the 9:30 PM Eastern timeslot) and The Odd Couple will remain on Fridays.
  • The Rifleman will move to 3 PM Eastern on weekdays, displacing The Big Valley (which stars Lee Majors, who was born in my current town) to noon Eastern on Saturdays.
  • Perry Mason returns to it's 10 AM Eastern timeslot on weekdays, like it was before the "Summer of Me".
  • CHIPS will begin airing in the 6 PM Eastern timeslot, as part of a new "Rescue Me" block alongside Adam-12 in the 4 PM hour and Emergency! at 5.
  • The Adventures of Superman will begin airing at 6 PM Eastern on Saturdays leading into Batman at 7 and the rest of the "Sci-Fi Saturday Night" block.
  • The 7-10 PM Eastern weeknight timeslot will be revamped-M*A*S*H at 7, The Andy Griffith Show at 8, Hogan's Heroes at 9 and Gilligan's Island at 9:30.
  • "Sunday Night Noir" will be replaced by "Spys Who Love Me", which will feature The Man from UNCLE at 10 PM Eastern, Mission Impossible at 11, Get Smart at midnight and The Saint at 1 AM on Monday.

ynkeesfn82

They're also going to be running Saved by the Bell on Sundays as part of the mandatory E/I programming. Can't wait. Love Saved by the Bell. Was so pissed off when E! replaced Saved by the Bell with The Kardashians and the show called "BOTCHED". "BELL" is also on MTV2, but it's in a higher package we don't subscribe too.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Marc B on May 04, 2013, 07:39:20 PM
Beaver will be airing 9AM-10AM Eastern

uhhh....we should clarify...

The classic early 1960's sitcom Leave It To Beaver will be airing from 9AM to 10AM Eastern.

Hudsons81

Quote from: Marc B on August 30, 2014, 01:03:09 PM
They're also going to be running Saved by the Bell on Sundays as part of the mandatory E/I programming. Can't wait. Love Saved by the Bell. Was so pissed off when E! replaced Saved by the Bell with The Kardashians and the show called "BOTCHED". "BELL" is also on MTV2, but it's in a higher package we don't subscribe too.

Not on the national feed, though-I don't see it at all on Sunday and it's according to the AT&T Uverse schedule guide.

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 02, 2014, 07:43:49 AM

The classic early 1960's sitcom Leave It To Beaver currently airs from 8 AM to 9 AM Eastern.

Corrected.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Hudsons81 on September 05, 2014, 08:04:41 AM
Quote from: Marc B on August 30, 2014, 01:03:09 PM

Not on the national feed, though-I don't see it at all on Sunday and it's according to the AT&T Uverse schedule guide.

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 02, 2014, 07:43:49 AM

The classic early 1960's sitcom Leave It To Beaver currently airs from 8 AM to 9 AM Eastern.

Corrected.

Saved by the Bell starts October 5th on ME-TV. And my post about Leave it to Beaver being on at 9AM was from 2013.

TheFugitive

Being here in Western Pennsylvania, thanks to neighboring Beaver County,  I am bombarded with double entendres involving the word Beaver all day.  There is virtually nothing in that county that is not named "beaver". We even have a home remodeling retail chain called Busy Beaver around here (and yes, all of the girls who wear their smock draw unwelcome snickers).

When I lived in Michigan I once sent a female co-worker into hysterical convulsions of laughter by
pulling out a road map and proving to her that there is indeed a town called Shy Beaver, Pennsylvania.

Hudsons81

Here is a list of programs currently airing on Me TV's national feed (the schedules for the individual affiliates vary, thus the "on most Me TV stations" fine print in bumpers and promos):

Sitcoms

• The Andy Griffith Show (September 1, 2014-present) (note: in markets where The Andy Griffith Show is already airing on another local station, Mayberry RFD airs instead)
  • The Beverly Hillbillies (December 15, 2010-present)
  • The Bob Newhart Show (December 15, 2010-May 31, 2013; September 4, 2013-May 21, 2014; September 1, 2014-present)
  • The Brady Bunch (December 21, 2010â€"present)
  • Cheers (December 15, 2010-December 28, 2012; September 1, 2014-present)
  • The Donna Reed Show (September 3, 2012â€"present)
  • F Troop (September 2, 2013-April 10, 2014; May 28, 2014-present)
  • Get Smart (December 15, 2010â€"present)
  • Gilligan's Island (September 2, 2013â€"present)
  • Hogan's Heroes (December 15, 2010â€"July 5, 2013; September 2, 2013â€"present)
  • I Love Lucy (December 15, 2010â€"June 2, 2013; September 2, 2013â€"present)
  • Leave it to Beaver (May 6, 2013â€"present)
  • The Love Boat (September 8, 2013â€"present)
  • Make Room for Daddy (September 3, 2012â€"present)
  • M*A*S*H (December 15, 2010â€"present)
  • Mayberry RFD (September 1, 2014-present) (only in markets where The Andy Griffith Show is already airing on another local station)
  • The Odd Couple (December 21, 2010â€"June 15, 2012; December 31, 2012â€"August 30, 2013; March 7, 2014-present)
  • Petticoat Junction (December 15, 2010â€"May 31, 2013; September 2, 2013â€"present)
  • Taxi (December 20, 2010-December 30, 2011; September 3, 2013-May 20, 2014; September 2, 2014-present)
  • That Girl (January 1, 2012â€"September 1, 2013; September 1, 2014-present)
  • Welcome Back Kotter (April 14, 2014-present)

Drama/Action

• Adam-12 (May 6, 2013â€"present)
  • The Adventures of Superman (September 6, 2014-present)
  • Batman (October 1, 2011â€"present)
  • Black Sheep Squadron (September 7, 2014-present)
  • CHIPS (September 1, 2014-present)
  • Dragnet (May 5, 2013â€"present) (1967-70 color series only)
  • Emergency! (September 3, 2012â€"present)
  • The Green Hornet (October 6, 2012-present) (on weekend mornings, individual affiliates can opt to air mandatory E/I programming instead in The Green Hornet's timeslot)
  • Hawaii Five-O (December 15, 2010-May 23, 2014; September 7, 2014-present)
  • Ironside (June 3, 2013-May 23, 2014; September 2, 2014-present)
  • Lost in Space (October 1, 2011â€"present)
  • The Man from UNCLE (September 7, 2014-present)
  • Mission: Impossible (November 28, 2011-November 1, 2013; September 7, 2014-present)
  • Mr. Lucky (January 6, 2013â€"present)
  • Naked City (October 2, 2011â€"present)
  • Peter Gunn (October 2, 2011â€"present)
  • Perry Mason (December 15, 2010â€"present)
  • Remington Steele (September 3â€"December 28, 2012; September 8, 2013â€"present)
  • The Rockford Files (September 26, 2011â€"May 31, 2013; September 8, 2013â€"present)
  • The Rogues (October 1, 2011â€"September 1, 2012; September 6, 2014-present)
  • Route 66 (October 2, 2011â€"present)
  • The Saint (January 6, 2013â€"present)
  • Star Trek (October 1, 2011â€"present)
  • The Streets of San Francisco (December 15, 2010â€"September 23, 2011; September 8, 2013â€"present)
  • Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (October 1, 2011-December 20, 2013; September 6, 2014-present)
  • Wonder Woman (December 27, 2013â€"present)

Westerns

• The Big Valley (December 15, 2010â€"present)
  • Bonanza (December 15, 2010â€"present)
  • Branded (December 15, 2010â€"December 29, 2012; September 7, 2013-present) (on weekend mornings, individual affiliates can opt to air mandatory E/I programming instead in Branded's timeslot)
  • Daniel Boone (September 26, 2011-May 3, 2013; June 3, 2013-present)
  • The Guns of Will Sonnett (December 20, 2010â€"December 29, 2012; September 7, 2013-present) (on weekend mornings, individual affiliates can opt to air mandatory E/I programming instead in The Guns of Will Sonnett's timeslot)
  • Gunsmoke (December 15, 2010â€"present)
  • Rawhide (December 15, 2010â€"November 28, 2011; September 7, 2013â€"present)
  • The Rebel (December 3, 2011â€"present)
  • The Rifleman (September 26, 2011â€"present)
  • Wanted Dead or Alive (September 2, 2013â€"present)

Anthology

• The Alfred H. Hour (November 4, 2013-present) (title has been shortened to fit on this forum)
  • Night Gallery (September 3, 2012â€"present)
  • Thriller (October 2, 2011â€"present)

Movies

• Columbo (October 2, 2011â€"present) (Sunday-night airings of the made-for-TV movie series)
  • Svengoolie (April 2, 2011â€"present) (horror movie presentations)

Children's programming (shows with an asterisk indicate mandatory E/I program)

• Edgemont (October 2, 2011â€"present)*
  • Green Screen Adventures (December 20, 2010â€"present)*
  • HR Pufnstuff (November 29, 2013-present)
  • He Man and the Masters of the Universe (April 7, 2012-December 21, 2013; June 1, 2014-present)
  • Land of the Lost (November 29, 2013-present)
  • Safari (October 6, 2012â€"present)*
  • Travel Thru History (October 6, 2012â€"present)*

These programs will air on Me TV in the future:

Sitcoms

• Gormer Pyle USMC (December 15, 2010-April 12, 2012; June 19-August 31, 2013; returning October 5, 2014 in some markets)
  • Saved by the Bell (coming October 5, 2014)

Here's the programming blocks that air on Me TV:

• Wake Up with Me: Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Donna Reed Show, I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver (weekdays, 6-9 AM Eastern)
  • CriME TV: Perry Mason, Dragnet and The Rockford Files (weekdays, 10 AM-1 PM Eastern)
  • Weekday Rope Opera: Gunsmoke, Bonanza and The Rifleman (weekdays, 1-4 PM Eastern)
  • Rescue Me: Adam-12, Emergency! and CHIPS (weekdays, 4-7 PM Eastern)
  • Comedy Conundrum: The Bob Newhart Show (Mondays), Taxi (Tuesdays), F Troop (Wednesdays), Welcome Back Kotter (Thursdays) and The Odd Couple (Fridays) (weeknights, 10-11 PM Eastern)
  • Most Wanted Westerns: Daniel Boone, The Big Valley, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Rawhide, Wanted Dead or Alive and The Rifleman (Saturdays, 11 AM-6 PM Eastern)
  • Super Sci-Fi Saturday Nights: The Adventures of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Star Trek, Svengoolie, Lost in Space and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (Saturdays, 6 PM-2 AM Eastern)
  • Catch Me If You Can: Remington Steele, The Streets of San Francisco, The Rockford Files, Hawaii Five-O, Black Sheep Squadron and Columbo (Sundays, 3-9:30 or 10 PM Eastern-end time depends on the length of that night's Columbo movie episode, if it ends at 9:30 PM Eastern, a M*A*S*H episode fills out the vacant 9:30-10 PM Eastern timeslot)
  • Spies Who Love Me: The Man from UNCLE, Mission: Impossible, Get Smart and The Saint (Sundays, 10 PM-2 AM Eastern)

TheFugitive

Since most of the posters here appear to be younger than I am, I was curious what you all
think about Me TV.

A lot of these shows are familiar staples from my childhood.  But they have not been in regular
rotation on TV for a number of years now.   I doubt many people under 30 are very familiar with
many of them.

Hudsons81

Well, it appears that Me TV is now streaming classic roller derby events on their website. I'm not making this up. I even saw a promo for it a few minutes ago.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Hudsons81 on September 20, 2014, 05:08:01 PM
Well, it appears that Me TV is now streaming classic roller derby events on their website. I'm not making this up. I even saw a promo for it a few minutes ago.

I can attest, he is not making this up.
MeTV ran a promo for this as I was watching yesterday.

Ameskid

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 17, 2014, 08:22:01 AM
Since most of the posters here appear to be younger than I am, I was curious what you all
think about Me TV.
It reminds me of TV Land in a good way.  Younger me would have killed to have a station like this on network TV (parents never bothered to get cable or satellite).

Had no idea that H.R. Pufnstuf was running on MeTV, I should check that out if I ever choose to take strong opiates in the morning.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Hudsons81

A couple of Me TV news items:

First, Me TV has now cornered positions in all American markets bordering the Detroit market-on November 17, Me TV replaced the Live Well Network on subchannel 12.2 on WJRT-TV 12, the Gray Television-owned ABC affiliate serving mid-Michigan, including Flint, Saginaw, Bay City and Midland. This is in addition to the presence Me TV already has in the Jackson-Lansing, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio markets. Within the Detroit market itself, Me TV is still available only either through fringe signals from the stations in the aforementioned neighboring markets or though the national feed on AT&T Uverse and WOW.

Second, the following programs will be joining the Me TV schedule on New Year's Day:

• The Abbott and Costello Show
  • Carol Burnett & Friends
  • The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (was most recently seen on Me TV on August 31)
  • Mary Tyler Moore (was most recently seen on Me TV on May 19)
  • The Mod Squad (was most recently seen on Me TV on August 29)
  • The NBC Mystery Movie
  • Quincy M.E.

In addition, three shows that were formerly on Me TV can still be streamed on their website: The Doris Day Show, The Mothers-in-Law and The Invisible Man.

Hudsons81

The Twilight Zone will be returning to the Me TV schedule a week from today. This famous Rod Serling anthology series has had two previous stints on Me TV, the most recent run ended in August 2014.

Hudsons81

A few Me TV updates for March:

• Star Trek replaced the Adventures of Superman on weekday afternoons at 4 Eastern.
  • A second slot of back-to-back The Andy Griffith Show episodes was added on weekday mornings at 8 Eastern, displacing The Donna Reed Show and Mary Tyler Moore.

And will someone PLEASE bring this channel over-the-air to Detroit?  ???

Hudsons81

Has anyone noticed the episode choices for The Andy Griffith Show? The airings in the 8 AM hour are always the color episodes, while the airings in the 8 PM hour are always the black-and-white ones.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Hudsons81 on March 23, 2015, 04:49:48 PM

My daughter lives in Toledo, and gets it on WTOL 11.2.
Have you tried that?

Hudsons81

Quote from: TheFugitive on May 15, 2015, 09:05:27 AM
Quote from: Hudsons81 on March 23, 2015, 04:49:48 PM

My daughter lives in Toledo, and gets it on WTOL 11.2.
Have you tried that?

All I have on Uverse is the national feed.

TheFugitive

You might try a set of rabbit ears.  That may work if you are located on the Downriver
side of Detroit.

WTOL remained on their old VHF Channel 11 after the digital switch, so you will need
to make sure the antenna includes VHF capability (some of the little compact ones you
see advertised in infomercials do not).

I have a set with a digital converter and rabbit ears in a spare bedroom, and I am good
out to about 60 miles away.  Since Michigan is much flatter terrain I think the odds are
pretty good if you give it a shot.

Hudsons81

The fall schedule goes to effect on August 31st.

Some changes include:

• Matlock joins the network's offerings, airing weekday mornings at 10 AM. As a result, Daniel Boone and Perry Mason will be pushed back by one hour.
  • Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley will be airing back-to-back weeknights in the 9 PM hour.
  • A new sitcom block will begin at 2 PM on Sundays. Some shows that will be included are The Andy Griffith Show, Gilligan's Island, The Love Boat, I Love Lucy, Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley.

In other Me TV news, the network now has an OTA presence in Detroit. Me TV launched on a new 4.3 WDIV-TV subchannel on July 31st with an episode of Emergency!. This means Me TV now has affiliates in 98 of the 100 largest markets in the country. As a side effect, the Me TV affiliates in the neighboring US markets have pretty much lost their "de-facto affiliate for parts of the Detroit market" status: WTOL 11.2 served as such for Downriver Wayne County and Monroe County, WSYM 47.2 for Washtenaw and Livingston Counties and WJRT 12.2 for Oakland and Macomb Counties.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Hudsons81 on August 24, 2015, 08:31:20 PM
The fall schedule goes to effect on August 31st.

Some changes include:

• Matlock joins the network's offerings, airing weekday mornings at 10 AM. As a result, Daniel Boone and Perry Mason will be pushed back by one hour.
  • Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley will be airing back-to-back weeknights in the 9 PM hour.
  • A new sitcom block will begin at 2 PM on Sundays. Some shows that will be included are The Andy Griffith Show, Gilligan's Island, The Love Boat, I Love Lucy, Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley.

In other Me TV news, the network now has an OTA presence in Detroit. Me TV launched on a new 4.3 WDIV-TV subchannel on July 31st with an episode of Emergency!. This means Me TV now has affiliates in 98 of the 100 largest markets in the country. As a side effect, the Me TV affiliates in the neighboring US markets have pretty much lost their "de-facto affiliate for parts of the Detroit market" status: WTOL 11.2 served as such for Downriver Wayne County and Monroe County, WSYM 47.2 for Washtenaw and Livingston Counties and WJRT 12.2 for Oakland and Macomb Counties.

Combined with cable networks I get that means Matlock now runs six times a day where I live.
I think Walker, Texas Ranger runs eight times.  Clarence Gilyard, Jr. must be livin' large on the residuals!

Hudsons81

Well, watching Matlock on Me TV, it seems that they've restored the original intros and teasers. I don't recall pretty much any other network doing this with Matlock since it started being syndicated.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Hill Street Blues Christmas episode "Santaclaustraphobia" is currently airing on MeTV.