Main Menu

The CW

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), May 02, 2013, 09:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Discuss everything about The CW television network and its TV shows here.

My favorite shows on The CW network are part of the Saturday morning Vortexx block:
Justice League Unlimited
Rescue Heroes
Sonic X

Pikapower

The CW is going to be replace Vortexx with a more educational block on Saturday mornings called "One Magnificent Morning". The CW was the last over the air network to have Saturday morning cartoons. Like the FCC wants every over the air network to make Saturday morning TV educational with live action shows that tech kids something rather than entertain!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Pikapower on June 02, 2014, 06:34:20 AM
The CW is going to be replace Vortexx with a more educational block on Saturday mornings called "One Magnificent Morning". The CW was the last over the air network to have Saturday morning cartoons. Like the FCC wants every over the air network to make Saturday morning TV educational with live action shows that tech kids something rather than entertain!

From what I heard Litton will be involved with this and they already involved with the E/I blocks on both ABC and CBS.

It is too bad Vortexx is discontinued. I liked watching it. Stupid One Magnificent Morning replaced it. And there is no ION qubo channel or Luken PBJ channel to fill that void in my area. Saturday mornings haven't been the same in the United States, since the FCC had to require every broadcast station to fullfill their 3-hour "E/I" programming requirements, and add Litton to their schedules.

It's different for other countries, like Mexico, a country that has a channel dedicated to kids' programming (including some of the same programming as Nickelodeon Latin America and Cartoon Network Latin America cable networks which both channels' progrmming are licensed to this Televisa-owned over-the-air broacast network) during the daytime, and grown-up programming, movies and sports programming during the night, called "Canal 5" which broadcasts nationally from Mexico City. Why don't we have anything like this?! Why do we have to let the cable and satellite companies cram their "pay-TV" services down our throat with 100s-to-1,000s of channels we don't watch? Why can't they just create a channel similar to Canal Cinco in Mexico, where much of the childrens' programs are licensed from different cable networks, so we could watch shows like SpongeBob SquarePants and Adventure Time over-the-air with just an antenna, instead of a cable box or a satellite box with dish, and without the headache of big cable or satellite bills?

Hudsons81

Quote from: ShopKoFan on November 02, 2014, 11:34:18 PM
It is too bad Vortexx is discontinued. I liked watching it. Stupid One Magnificent Morning replaced it. And there is no ION qubo channel or Luken PBJ channel to fill that void in my area. Saturday mornings haven't been the same in the United States, since the FCC had to require every broadcast station to fullfill their 3-hour "E/I" programming requirements, and add Litton to their schedules.

It's different for other countries, like Mexico, a country that has a channel dedicated to kids' programming (including some of the same programming as Nickelodeon Latin America and Cartoon Network Latin America cable networks which both channels' progrmming are licensed to this Televisa-owned over-the-air broacast network) during the daytime, and grown-up programming, movies and sports programming during the night, called "Canal 5" which broadcasts nationally from Mexico City. Why don't we have anything like this?! Why do we have to let the cable and satellite companies cram their "pay-TV" services down our throat with 100s-to-1,000s of channels we don't watch? Why can't they just create a channel similar to Canal Cinco in Mexico, where much of the childrens' programs are licensed from different cable networks, so we could watch shows like SpongeBob SquarePants and Adventure Time over-the-air with just an antenna, instead of a cable box or a satellite box with dish, and without the headache of big cable or satellite bills?

First paragraph: in my market, our ION station does have a Qubo subchannel, but we don't have a PBJ subchannel.

Second paragraph: that should apply to older shows that still air on cable networks (such as Tiny Toon Adventures) and even to cable network shows that are intended to not run in a half-hour timeslot (such as Mixels).

And if that channel is created-better make Detroit one of the initial markets for my benefit! Other markets that it should have initial stations in for the benefits of us members of this site should be Cincinnati, Cleveland, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Connecticut.

Quote from: Hudsons81 on November 03, 2014, 02:56:22 PM

First paragraph: in my market, our ION station does have a Qubo subchannel, but we don't have a PBJ subchannel.

Second paragraph: that should apply to older shows that still air on cable networks (such as Tiny Toon Adventures) and even to cable network shows that are intended to not run in a half-hour timeslot (such as Mixels).

And if that channel is created-better make Detroit one of the initial markets for my benefit! Other markets that it should have initial stations in for the benefits of us members of this site should be Cincinnati, Cleveland, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Connecticut.

Here's my channel ideas:

Like how the original CW network was formed out of 50/50 merger between UPN and WB as well as a 50% ownership by CBS and Time Warner, these new subchannels will be 50% owned by Viacom (owner of Nickelodeon) and 50% owned by Time-Warner (owner of Cartoon Network).

Viacom (Nickelodeon/Paramount/CBS) 50%/Time-Warner 50% (Cartoon Network/Turner/Warner Bros.)

CW subchannel 1:
CW Kids 1 (6AM-9PM Su-Th, 6AM-10PM F-Sa): Current TV shows and cartoons, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Adventure Time, Johnny Test as well as other cartoons and TV shows, such as the English dub of the Mexican cartoon about a poor orphan boy called el Chavo (el Chavo also currently airs on Kabillion on Demand dubbed in English, as well as on Univision in Spanish, el Chavo's English dub could get more exposure on CW Kids 1).
CW Music (9PM-6AM Su-Th, 11PM-6AM F-Sa): An automated feed of music videos from the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s. The first music video will be "Take on Me" by A-ha.

CW subchannel 2:
CW Kids 2 (6AM-9PM Su-Th, 6AM-10PM F-Sa): Classic cartoons and other kids' shows. Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 and 2003), Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Powerpuff Girls, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, etc.
CW Movies (9PM-6AM Su-Th, 11PM-6AM F-Sa): All movies, all the time. Find movies, such as Music & Lyrics, Robocop, Demolition Man, etc. here.

Both CW Kids subchannels will air the mandatory 3 hours of e/i content each day, with two hours in the morning, and one hour in the afternoon at 4PM, M-F, 12PM, Sa-Su. The afternoon e/i content would air in the form of Captain Planet to appeal to older viewers.

Here are how the PSIPs would be layed out for each channel:

In my case (WCWF, Suring/Green Bay, Wisconsin):
*14.1 - WCWF-HD - CW/WCWF programming
*14.2 - CW-SD1 - CW Kids 1/CW Music
*14.3 - CW-SD2 - CW Kids 2/CW Movies

In San Diego's case (XETV-TDT Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico/San Diego, California, United States), they would have to move Canal 5 from 6.2 to 6.4:
*6.1 - XETV-HD - CW/XETV programming
*6.2 - CW-SD1 - CW Kids 1/CW Music
*6.3 - CW-SD2 - CW Kids 2/CW Movies
*6.4 - XHGC-HD - Canal 5 programming

The subchannels would air on first air on the CW affiliates in the top 20 markets, before a national rollout begins.

Hudsons81

Quote from: ShopKoFan on November 09, 2014, 12:11:12 AM

Here's my channel ideas:

Like how the original CW network was formed out of 50/50 merger between UPN and WB as well as a 50% ownership by CBS and Time Warner, these new subchannels will be 50% owned by Viacom (owner of Nickelodeon) and 50% owned by Time-Warner (owner of Cartoon Network).

Viacom (Nickelodeon/Paramount/CBS) 50%/Time-Warner 50% (Cartoon Network/Turner/Warner Bros.)

CW subchannel 1:
CW Kids 1 (6AM-9PM Su-Th, 6AM-10PM F-Sa): Current TV shows and cartoons, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Adventure Time, Johnny Test as well as other cartoons and TV shows, such as the English dub of the Mexican cartoon about a poor orphan boy called el Chavo (el Chavo also currently airs on Kabillion on Demand dubbed in English, as well as on Univision in Spanish, el Chavo's English dub could get more exposure on CW Kids 1).
CW Music (9PM-6AM Su-Th, 11PM-6AM F-Sa): An automated feed of music videos from the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s. The first music video will be "Take on Me" by A-ha.

CW subchannel 2:
CW Kids 2 (6AM-9PM Su-Th, 6AM-10PM F-Sa): Classic cartoons and other kids' shows. Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 and 2003), Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Powerpuff Girls, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, etc.
CW Movies (9PM-6AM Su-Th, 11PM-6AM F-Sa): All movies, all the time. Find movies, such as Music & Lyrics, Robocop, Demolition Man, etc. here.

Both CW Kids subchannels will air the mandatory 3 hours of e/i content each day, with two hours in the morning, and one hour in the afternoon at 4PM, M-F, 12PM, Sa-Su. The afternoon e/i content would air in the form of Captain Planet to appeal to older viewers.

In San Diego's case (XETV-TDT Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico/San Diego, California, United States), they would have to move Canal 5 from 6.2 to 6.4:

The subchannels would air on first air on the CW affiliates in the top 20 markets, before a national rollout begins.

Don't forget that in between certain shows on CWK1, there should be currently-running short-subject-styled animated shows as well, such as Mixels.

And here's how they would be laid out in my case (WKBD-TV, Southfield/Detroit, Michigan):
*50.1 - WKBD-HD - CW/WKBD programming
*50.2 - CW-SD1 - CW Kids 1/CW Music
*50.3 - CW-SD2 - CW Kids 2/CW Movies

I don't know how that will work out, as WKBD is owned by CBS Corporation and I've heard stories of how CBS doesn't believe in subchannels, believing that they provide competition.

TheFugitive

New show running on CW called Jane the Virgin.

It is the story of a young Latina woman named Jane, a devout Christian,
a virgin, intent on saving herself for marriage.

She goes to her OBGYN for a checkup one day, and due to a mixup and
a series of unlikely events, becomes artificially inseminated with her boss' sperm.
With hilarious consequences.

Really?  They've stooped to this?
Just who are they trying to offend anyway?
Christians?  Hispanics?  Everybody?

MikeRa

Here's my channel ideas:

CW subchannel 1:

CW subchannel 2:

It wouldn't work in Philadelphia, PA (The #3 market in the nation, behind NYC and LA), where CW57 is owned outright by CBS, and is used sometimes as a subchannel for CBS3 if thre is a major news coverage on CBS3, and where the CBS programming is showned on CW57. 
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Hudsons81

Quote from: MikeRa on November 18, 2014, 07:36:37 PM

Here's my channel ideas:

CW subchannel 1:

CW subchannel 2:

It wouldn't work in Philadelphia, PA (The #3 market in the nation, behind NYC and LA), where CW57 is owned outright by CBS, and is used sometimes as a subchannel for CBS3 if thre is a major news coverage on CBS3, and where the CBS programming is showned on CW57. 

Maybe they can take a step backwards and do what Me TV did in Detroit, Michigan and make the CW Kids subchannels cable-only.

CW network affiliates that have their own news operations:

* WGN-TV 9 - Chicago, Illinois - "WGN News"
* WPIX 11 - New York City, New York - "PIX 11 News"
* KTLA 5 - Los Angeles, California - "The KTLA 5 News"/"KTLA News"
* XETV-TDT 6 - Tijuana, Baja California/San Diego, California - "CW6 News"
* WCCB 18 - Charlotte, North Carolina - "WCCB News"
* WISH-TV 8 - Indianapolis, Indiana - "24-Hour News 8"
* KDAF 33 - Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas - "CW33 EyeOpener"/"CW33 NewsFix"
* KIAH 39 - Houston, Texas - "CW39 NewsFix"
* WSFL-TV 39 - Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Florida - "NewsFix SFL"
* KCWI-TV 23 - Ames/Des Moines, Iowa - "Great Day on KCWI"

Pikapower

I never really watch The CW's shows.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Quote from: Pikapower on May 31, 2017, 07:36:38 PM
I never really watch The CW's shows.
I don't watch them much either (except some syndicated Family Guy and The Middle reruns, as well as whatever game shows they have). I lost interest in the CW network when Litton replaced The Vortexx on Saturday mornings a few years ago. Most of the cartoons that remain on broadcast TV are educational, including the cartoons on PBS/PBS Kids, The Qubo block on Ion, or targeted towards teens/adults during FOX's primetime viewing hours (The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) on Sundays.

MeTV used to have Saturday morning cartoons as well, including reruns of He-Man and She-Ra, which were replaced with the likes of H.R. Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost.

It's like the CW has become a "Jr. CBS" with TV shows marketed towards a teenage/adult audience. It's like CW's trying to do what FOX, UPN and The WB did in their early days.

On the other hand, MyNetworkTV has become a "Jr. FOX," as well as a dumping ground for syndicated programs, a far cry from their early days in 2006, when they showed their first two programs, a pair of telenovelas, Desire and Fashion House.

San Diego is getting a new CW affiliate after disaffiliating with XETV-TDT 6, of Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, now affiliated with Canal 5. The new CW affiliate for the San Diego-Tijuana market will be KFMB-TV 8.2, The CW San Diego on CBS 8. MeTV San Diego which originally held that spot moved to KGTV 10.2 (ABC is on their main channel).

XETV-TDT 6.1's final sign-off as "CW6" and first sign-on as "Canal 5": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWYwDlzfGw&t=242s

KFMB-TV 8.2's pre-launch loop for "CW San Diego": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2gEb2bxvJ4

Saturday/Sunday/weekday morning cartoons are coming back to some Sinclair-owned CW, FOX and MyNetworkTV affiliates by way of the new KidsClick cartoon block, starting July 1st 2017.

Learn more about this new cartoon block and what programs will air on it HERE:
http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=4652.msg67623#new