Hotels

Started by Jag67, May 19, 2005, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
New Super 8 logo...  :(

you...have...got...to..be...kidding..me!!!!!:hurt:

ugh, it makes it look even cheaper looking, no sense of design what so ever, unbelievable.

The Days Inn logo is way better.  The new Super 8 logo is not officially released i think, i found the new one away in the website of Wyndham hotels, owner of Super 8.  It just does not seem to fit inside the "classic frame" of the signs...

And breaking news: Wyndham to buy Microtel, Hawthorn hotel brands from Global Hyatt.

QuoteJune 03, 2008: 07:22 AM EST

NEW YORK (Associated Press) - Hotel operator Wyndham Worldwide Corp. said Tuesday it will buy US Franchise Systems Inc., which includes the Microtel Inns & Suites and Hawthorn Suites hotel brands, from a unit of Global Hyatt Corp.

Terms were not disclosed.

Microtel includes 292 economy hotels, with 38 more under construction. Wyndham is entering the all-suites, extended-stay market with the addition of the 91-hotel Hawthorn Suites chain.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/apwire/175d8309b123e083031358a3d8f74e54.htm

Marc82

They're currently running a special at the Howard Johnson's Express in Southington. Rent the Honeymoon Suite and get 4 MICE in your room for the price of 2 MICE.

mikey7290

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
They're currently running a special at the Howard Johnson's Express in Southington. Rent the Honeymoon Suite and get 4 MICE in your room for the price of 2 MICE.

lol!:insane:

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Zayre88

There's been a lot of new hotel openings bewteen 2003 and 2009 in northern New England, nearly 25 new hotels have been built.

It's nice to have more options but even with increased competition, rates are not going down.  The problem is that most new hotels are Hampton Inns, Fairfield Inns, Courtyards, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites and Hilton Garden Inns.

They all are nice hotels but not the cheapest.  I would prefer to have new LaQuinta, Microtels, Red Roof Inns or Days Inns. :yup:

jmcnamara96

Heres the old Days Inn in Hudson NH on Lowell road was torn down in 2008 for a Walgreens (Walgreens paid 1.4 Million i believe) it was kinda a eyesore i think it was across from the Hudson(Plaza)Mall

1st Days Inn    (Property Company Pictures)
New Walgreens  (Me) http://www.flickr.com/photos/45712547@N07/4335981218/

gu4ever

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on February 18, 2010, 03:46:21 PM
Heres the old Days Inn in Hudson NH on Lowell road was torn down in 2008 for a Walgreens (Walgreens paid 1.4 Million i believe) it was kinda a eyesore i think it was across from the Hudson(Plaza)Mall

1st Days Inn    (Property Company Pictures)
New Walgreens  (Me) http://www.flickr.com/photos/45712547@N07/4335981218/
I noticed the new Walgreens when I was over there, but had thought the hotel sat further back from the road so it was behind it... That hotel had always been an eyesore up until Days Inn took over and they had done some pretty extensive renovations... But now it's gone!  :-\
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

jmcnamara96

Quote from: gu4ever on February 18, 2010, 04:18:26 PM
Quote from: jmcnamara96 on February 18, 2010, 03:46:21 PM

1st Days Inn    (Property Company Pictures)
New Walgreens  (Me) http://www.flickr.com/photos/45712547@N07/4335981218/
I noticed the new Walgreens when I was over there, but had thought the hotel sat further back from the road so it was behind it... That hotel had always been an eyesore up until Days Inn took over and they had done some pretty extensive renovations... But now it's gone!  :-\

I lived in husdon from 1995 to 2008 what was it before Days Inn?
at one time it was Green were all the Red is

jmcnamara96

More Info
Property Type:Motel
Guest Rooms:40
Year Built:1985
Year Renovated:1996

Pics http://hotelsinsider.travelhero.com/index.cfm/id/2057/aid/1620/city/HUDSON/

More More Info
Features and Amenities
   24 Hour Front Desk
   Free Limited Breakfast
   Free Local Calls
   Free Parking
   Non-smoking Rooms
   Safe Deposit Box
   Truck Parking
   Limited Kitchens Available
   Air Conditioned Rooms
   AM/FM Clock/Radio in Rooms
   Hair Dryer In Rooms
   Cable Television
   Other Features: Free HBO

Zayre88

Motel 6 is quietly changing their logo.  The old/current one is still almost everywhere including their website, but new and renovated location can have the new one:

ynkeesfn82

In this weeks Bristol Observer there was a booklet about what was happening with the local Chamber of Commerce. One of the new members is The Hampton Inn on Colt Highway in Farmington. When did this open?

Zayre88

A new LaQuinta just opened in a former Clarion Hotel in Manchester NH.  The hotel also used to be a Ramada Inn.

In Augusta Maine, Hampton Inn will demolish the Econo Lodge to open a new hotel in 2012. Econo Lodge formerly was a Travelodge which formerly was a Days Inn and it started as a Holiday Inn!

ynkeesfn82

They are currently in the process of upgrading the Clarion on Hotel near ESPN in Bristol, Connecticut to a Double Tree. Massive expansion/renovation going on. Supposed to open in First Quarter 2013.

Over in Southington, CT new owners bought the majorly distressed Red Carpet Inn (formerly Traveler's Inn formerly Travel Lodge, formerly Red Roof Inn, originally Howard Johnson) in 2009 and gave it a complete overhaul and it's now a Days Inn. Really nice.

Meanwhile the Howard Johnson Express next to Price Chopper in Southington became a Knights Inn a few years back. It's still as much of a pit as it was when it was Ho-Jos. 

retailisking

The founders of the Susse Chalet brand are still very active in the hotel business, as evidenced by their recent conversion of the former Clarion in Manchester, NH to the La Quinta flag. Susse Chalet went under in part because national brands with strong awareness drive reservations. Even within the realm of national brands, some are stronger than others within different sectors of the hotel business. Knights Inn is the bottom rung of the economy sector, at least within the Wyndham portfolio of brands, and the properties that affiliate with that flag generally reflect that status.

Zayre88

Quote from: retailisking on March 12, 2012, 01:07:36 AM
The founders of the Susse Chalet brand are still very active in the hotel business, as evidenced by their recent conversion of the former Clarion in Manchester, NH to the La Quinta flag. Susse Chalet went under in part because national brands with strong awareness drive reservations. Even within the realm of national brands, some are stronger than others within different sectors of the hotel business. Knights Inn is the bottom rung of the economy sector, at least within the Wyndham portfolio of brands, and the properties that affiliate with that flag generally reflect that status.

I miss Susse Chalet, back then most of the newer hotels in northern New England were Susse Chalets.

The founders of Susse Chalet also own/operate the Hilton Garden Inn in Manchester, and they recently purchased the Fairfield Inn Merrimack to re-open it as a Holiday Inn Express.

Zayre88

Oddly enough, the website of the former Susse Chalet in Plymouth NH is still up at this link:

http://www.watervillevalleyregion.com/SusseChalet

Probably dates back to 2000 or something.  The hotel became a Best Inn, then Red Roof Inn and is currently an EconoLodge!

ynkeesfn82

Wow. Talk about a falling star.

buzz86us

Quote from: BillyGr on June 21, 2005, 12:07:13 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
And, Zayre, I do remember Susse Chalet. There were two in Albany, but one is now an Econo Lodge, and the other is now a Holiday Inn Express.
The Econo Lodge one is on Wolf Road - but the other one (if you're talking about the one off Exit 9 of I-90 in East Greenbush) is now a Fairfield Inn - The Holiday Inn Express at the same exit is a newly built (within the last couple years) hotel.  If that's not the one you meant, I don't know where else there was a Susse Chalet in the area.
What is the Econolodge on wolf road that was a Susse Chalet now? I have never seen an econolodge on wolf road.
edit: oh it is now a Travel Lodge it looked nice when it was a Susse Chalet

BillyGr

Quote from: buzz86us on September 24, 2012, 02:02:32 AM
Quote from: BillyGr on June 21, 2005, 12:07:13 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
And, Zayre, I do remember Susse Chalet. There were two in Albany, but one is now an Econo Lodge, and the other is now a Holiday Inn Express.
The Econo Lodge one is on Wolf Road - but the other one (if you're talking about the one off Exit 9 of I-90 in East Greenbush) is now a Fairfield Inn - The Holiday Inn Express at the same exit is a newly built (within the last couple years) hotel.  If that's not the one you meant, I don't know where else there was a Susse Chalet in the area.
What is the Econolodge on wolf road that was a Susse Chalet now? I have never seen an econolodge on wolf road.
edit: oh it is now a Travel Lodge it looked nice when it was a Susse Chalet

Just to re-quote this 7 year old quote from the original post ;) - That location is part of a plan by the Cocca's to do several changes to their hotels in the area.

If all works out, they will re-do this hotel (adding a 3rd story, but only adding a net 5 or so rooms - so also redoing the existing rooms to make them larger) and it will become a LaQuinta (I believe - this story was in the TU several weeks back).  They will them move the TraveLodge brand to their location at the corner of Wolf & Central.

Additionally, they are in the market to either sell outright the two hotels at the Latham Circle (LaQuinta and whatever) - (these were partially owned by a now-deceased family member) then use their share of the money to build a new hotel on their Route 7 Latham property OR sell the Route 7 property (most likely it would be demolished and something built there, not necessarily a hotel - deepnding on the new owners) and buy out the estate of the family member to get complete control of the 2 hotels on the circle.

MikeRa

My last 2 favorite Hotels/Motels i stayed at are:

• Microtel Inn Lingsland, GA
  • Disney's Villas at Wilderness Lodge Resort
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

MikeRa

Add Disney's Bay Lake Tower to favorite hotels:

"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

HannafordHearts

Quote from: 76&AmesfanmanBBTB on May 19, 2005, 08:51:40 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
It seems like everybody wanted to talk about hotels so much on the random photo page, I've decided to start a thread on it. If this isn't allowed, I'll move it to general lol

to start off, here's a sleep inn. I like Sleep's old logo with the sun much better than the new one. The old one was so much more comfortable-looking than the new one.

I was thinking about posting a thread for this

and yes I liked the old sun much better too:yup:

As I stated before I prefered the sun logo but it made all the chains look the same

I'd have to admit the new logos are very distinctive in differences of variety but they don't look as great and prefessional like the sun did

at pic below

old logos at top
new/current ones at bottom;)

I must be in the minority that actually thought the old sun logo was ugly. Granted, this was ten years ago, so opinions have probably changed. But for me, the new Choice Hotels logos were a welcome change. They're much more pleasing to the eyes, and actually make the brands look different from one another.

busman_49

Quote from: HannafordHearts on January 26, 2015, 06:39:27 PM
Quote from: 76&AmesfanmanBBTB on May 19, 2005, 08:51:40 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
It seems like everybody wanted to talk about hotels so much on the random photo page, I've decided to start a thread on it. If this isn't allowed, I'll move it to general lol

to start off, here's a sleep inn. I like Sleep's old logo with the sun much better than the new one. The old one was so much more comfortable-looking than the new one.

I was thinking about posting a thread for this

and yes I liked the old sun much better too:yup:

As I stated before I prefered the sun logo but it made all the chains look the same

I'd have to admit the new logos are very distinctive in differences of variety but they don't look as great and prefessional like the sun did

at pic below

old logos at top
new/current ones at bottom;)

I must be in the minority that actually thought the old sun logo was ugly. Granted, this was ten years ago, so opinions have probably changed. But for me, the new Choice Hotels logos were a welcome change. They're much more pleasing to the eyes, and actually make the brands look different from one another.

If you're in the minority, I'm there too.  I completely agree with what you said about the Choice logos.

Now for my $0.02 on the rest:
I don't like the newest Motel 6 logo.  I think it's ugly.  The only other one I really hate (besides BW's newest) is the Red Roof Inns.  I like the rustic charm that the old logo gives off.  It has a bit of class to it, where the newest one is just lacking.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Jag67 on May 22, 2005, 07:58:31 PM
I don't think I'd wanna stay here.

What motel is that?? Where is it...?

JJBers

I have some photos of 2 hotels, aka the Comfort Inn in Bristol, VA and the B Hotel in Orlando, FL.

The B Hotel is a 2 star hotel located in the WDW area. It's nearby some 3 and even 4 star hotels on the Downtown Disney road.
It's a very basic hotel, but it can bump its value due to it's extreme proximity to WDW. I went in March 2016, and didn't have my camera yet.
Photo:

Florida 2016 by JJBers, on Flickr

Comfort Inn in Bristol, VA is a typical chain location, 2 stars, convenient access to I-81, and some food options around the area. Nothing special about this at all. They started some roof work shortly before I left. I went in July 2017, and took some photos:

Atlanta to Willimantic by JJBers, on Flickr

My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

retailisking

Quote from: Zayre88 on March 12, 2012, 05:20:14 PM
I miss Susse Chalet, back then most of the newer hotels in northern New England were Susse Chalets.

The founders of Susse Chalet also own/operate the Hilton Garden Inn in Manchester, and they recently purchased the Fairfield Inn Merrimack to re-open it as a Holiday Inn Express.

Speaking of Susse Chalet, the one by Exit 48 in Portland, ME (which most recently had the Travelodge flag) has been demolished and a Hampton Inn & Suites is going up in its place. The Denny's next door, which was the site of a fatal stabbing last year, is also going to close (no definite date yet) and will also be demolished.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: retailisking on June 19, 2018, 11:05:54 PM
The Denny's next door, which was the site of a fatal stabbing last year, is also going to close (no definite date yet) and will also be demolished.

Yeah. Generally there's no coming back from an incident like that. On Wolcott Road in Waterbury, Connecticut since the long vacant Brass City Diner. Prior to that it sat vacant for several years after the previous diner closed and a homicide. (Might have been a shooting). Interestingly enough while the Brass City Diner was in operation a Denny's opened across the street in the ShopRite Plaza in the former Casual Male XL store. I think Denny's should've opened in the building where the Brass City Diner was instead. It might have cost them less money to renovate the building since it had previously been a restaurant.