Main Menu

Hotels

Started by Jag67, May 19, 2005, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

Millenium. This was built in 1972 or 73 as a Sheraton, and was a Sheraton up until recently. It became Millenium a few months ago. My aunt and uncle had their wedding reception here in 1995 and it was really fun (even though I was only 4 I still remember it!!)

BTW to tell you the truth I do kinda like Comfort's new logo..at least they kept the Sun!! LONG LIVE THE SUN!!!!

Jag67

I know the ananoymous (excuse my spelling) guy who has put this whole board into a state of chaos isn't very happy with this topic, but i dont care, I'm keeping it going.

Here's a Red Carpet inn. This one looks older.

Jag67

another travelodge

Jag67

dark pic of a super 8

Jag67

an older Comfort

Jag67

A courtyard marriott

Jag67

A mariott on top of an office building!!

Jag67

A ramada. This is supposed to become a Doubletree soon.

Jag67

a very old 60's Hilton. (sorry about the quality)

Jag67

a pretty old sheraton. (again, sorry about the quality)

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67

Here's a Red Carpet inn. This one looks older.

It seems that some of the chains (Red Carpet being one, Econo/Travel Lodge I know of also) have been used on pre-existing, formerly independent, often older & smaller motels - in order to get the benefits of a known name and the services that come with it, assumably.  The only problem with that is that when you see a listing for one of these, you really have no idea what it will be like.

amesman

Now, come on guys. No one's posted a pic of a Howard Johnson's..lol

amesman

Hey, Jag, are the majority of these Buffalo area hotels?

Zayre88

The Best Western in Waterville ME, a former Hojo.  My pics are now featured on Hojo website: www.autoage.org

:yup:

amesman

I have seen those pictures. Very awesome!

Jag67

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Hey, Jag, are the majority of these Buffalo area hotels?

Actually, some are Buffalo, some are Michigan, some are canada, and some are in Pensylvania (I do quite a bit of traveling). I'd say theyre all about even. Quite a bit are from the Buffalo area though.

Zayre88

Do you guys remember Susse Chalet ??  I liked this hotel chain.  They had nice, recent motels troughout the northeast.  I liked their logo and name too because it was different than the usual words "inn" or "lodge" .

They had around 35 hotels and most of them were new constructions with a common style.

Some locations featured a bedside control center wich is probably inspired by Hojo's pamper panel.

Check out this link to a former Susse Chalet in Plymouth NH.  Its now a Best Inn but the old website remains

http://www.watervillevalleyregion.com/SusseChalet/

amesman

Ok Jag, thanks. I do a bit of traveling myself..heh. I'm hopefully coming out to Buffalo this summer to visit friends..

And, Zayre, I do remember Susse Chalet. There were two in Albany, but one is now an Econo Lodge, and the other is now a Holiday Inn Express.

Zayre88

And, Zayre, I do remember Susse Chalet. There were two in Albany, but one is now an Econo Lodge, and the other is now a Holiday Inn Express.

I remember passing by it in 1996 with my parents.  We finally stayed at the Days Inn Albany/Colonie !

Caldor1999

i compley for got to post my pictures heh hears a Hilton Garden inn in Danbury CT
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears a Sheration in Danburry CT looks liek it was bult in the 1970's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

and hears a Holtel callm Bel Air lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Now, come on guys. No one's posted a pic of a Howard Johnson's..lol

lol i dident forget hears a Former Howard Johnson's in Stradfrod CT my Anut had her weding at a Howard Johnsons in 1991
Caldor Forever!

BillyGr

The Econo Lodge one is on Wolf Road - but the other one (if you're talking about the one off Exit 9 of I-90 in East Greenbush) is now a Fairfield Inn - The Holiday Inn Express at the same exit is a newly built (within the last couple years) hotel.  If that's not the one you meant, I don't know where else there was a Susse Chalet in the area.

truviking05

Wellesley Inns? There's one in a town adjacent to mine, but I've never been to one. Mine looks like a geniune inn.

Jag67

that retro run-down motel is a Best Value!!

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
The Econo Lodge one is on Wolf Road - but the other one (if you're talking about the one off Exit 9 of I-90 in East Greenbush) is now a Fairfield Inn - The Holiday Inn Express at the same exit is a newly built (within the last couple years) hotel.  If that's not the one you meant, I don't know where else there was a Susse Chalet in the area.

According to the 1992 brochure, there is the one on Wolf road (Albany/Colonie), and the one on route 4(East Greenbush).  The two other hotels are in Glens Falls and Spring Valley NY.

HoJofan206

Does anyone remember the old original "Knights Inn" brand?
The hotel was laid out in a white and brown painted castle setting.  Now days, the Knights Inn name is often used on converstion properties and the old original Knights Inn buildings are called something else.  Does anyone remember these from "years" ago.  Have any in your hometown you can post a pic of?

Anonymous

I went to a Comfort Inn in St.Louis,MO,and saw a REAL HOWARD MILLER GRANDFATHER CLOCK!Have you seen any in hotels?

d_fife

days inn is another. so is rennansance inn. another is red roof inn and super 8.

former is howard johnson's.