Main Menu

Hotels

Started by Jag67, May 19, 2005, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

It seems like everybody wanted to talk about hotels so much on the random photo page, I've decided to start a thread on it. If this isn't allowed, I'll move it to general lol

to start off, here's a sleep inn. I like Sleep's old logo with the sun much better than the new one. The old one was so much more comfortable-looking than the new one. This one had the old logo, I think it was replaced with the new one maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I think this place was built in the early 90's (Sleep's been around since 1988)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
It seems like everybody wanted to talk about hotels so much on the random photo page, I've decided to start a thread on it. If this isn't allowed, I'll move it to general lol

to start off, here's a sleep inn. I like Sleep's old logo with the sun much better than the new one. The old one was so much more comfortable-looking than the new one.

I was thinking about posting a thread for this

and yes I liked the old sun much better too:yup:

Zayre88

Here are other new logos.  Again, i don't think the new logos are better .

The Red Roof logo looks spray painted and Radisson's does not look very upscale for that hotel chain.

store215

I don't like the new Comfort Inn logo...it looks ugly

^New

^old

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

to start off, here's a sleep inn. I like Sleep's old logo with the sun much better than the new one. The old one was so much more comfortable-looking than the new one.

I was thinking about posting a thread for this

and yes I liked the old sun much better too:yup:

As I stated before I prefered the sun logo but it made all the chains look the same

I'd have to admit the new logos are very distinctive in differences of variety but they don't look as great and prefessional like the sun did

at pic below

old logos at top
new/current ones at bottom;)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

my idea for comfort inn's new logos:yup:

Jag67

EWWW RED ROOF CHANGED THEIR LOGO TOO???!!!! Aww!!

BTW, I absolutely HATE Raddison's new logo. I LOVED the old logo. Like Sleep Inn's/Quality's/Clarion's/Comort's, it was much more comfortable looking. Red Roof's and radisson's are too "casual" looking, which I don't like.

Here's one with the old logo-

Zayre88

Yeah, Red Roof ruined a good logo !!

Days Inn has a classic logo and it looks great.  I hope they'll keep it instead of spending on a new crazy style.

Motel 6 also changed their logo a few years ago:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Yeah, Red Roof ruined a good logo !!

Days Inn has a classic logo and it looks great.  I hope they'll keep it instead of spending on a new crazy style.

Motel 6 also changed their logo a few years ago:

I agree Days Inn has a great logo it just have a funny name lol:insane: but I wouldn't change it!;)

At least motel 6's logo still keep the classic 6 and doesn't look as bad as the rest of those other logo remakes!:yup:

HoJofan206

I work for Choice Hotels.  The reason the logo's were all changed from the "sun" logo's to what they are not was in fact to differentiate the brands from each other.  Most people didnt understand why it would cost $49.95 a night to stay at a Sleep Inn and 149.95 per night to stay at a Clarion.
All the others fell in line btw the two price points.  Choice hotels also owns Econolodge and Rodeway Inn's but you rarely see them advertise those chains names withe other more modern ones (all listed in this post earlier).

I didnt like the change from the "sun's" either, but from a business side, it makes a lot of sense.  

Interesting point to be made.  All Sleep Inn's are built as brand new buildings.  Sleep Inns are NEVER conversions from other hotel chains.  :yup:

Jag67

interestingggg....

Here's a few hote pics I was able to get passsing thru michigan and canada. here's a hampton.

Jag67

here's a quality. This was formerly another motel. We stayed here twice and it wasn't that great. ok though. (btw the 1st time we stayed here in 2002 it still had the old sun logos. when we came back in 2003 they were changed to the new ones

Jag67

Dearborn Inn, owned by mariott. This is the side enterance (forgot to get a pic of the front.) This is where we stayed last nite. Built in 1931 with additions in 1937, 1960, and 1989.

Jag67

here's another Hampton.

Jag67

Jag67

Jag67

Sleep Inn. I believe this was built in 2002, but I'm not sure.

Jag67

Nother travelodge

Jag67

Jag67

a days inn. This one looks really cool at nite with all the purple neon lights.

Jag67

nother super 8

Zayre88

Do you guys ever seen Journey's End Motels ??  It was a major canadian hotel chain.  They had hundreds of motels in Canada.  The motels were built as brand new buildings with the same style.

They had 12 motels in NY state, 1 in Springfield MA, 1 in Maine, 1 in RI and two in CT.  In Canada, they were replaced with Choice brands like Comfort and Quality Inn.

Jag67

Jag67

another Travelodge

Jag67

I don't think I'd wanna stay here.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I don't think I'd wanna stay here.

WOW REALLY OLD SCHOOL LOL!:insane:

Jag67

This one was formerly an Executive Inn then a Radisson and then a Park Plaza..It was built in 1960 as Exec. and was heavilly renovated in 1984 (cant you tell??) and became a Radisson. In 2002 it became PP but when PP bought the place the quality of this hotel really went down...So much that there was mold growing on the windows!!! It closed in July 2004.

Jag67

Jag67

Holiday inn Express

Jag67

crappy pic of a hampton