Main Menu

Hotels

Started by Jag67, May 19, 2005, 08:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

Here is a "niche" that we have seemed to miss so far!  Hotels/motels, motor lodges, and Inns....NOW discuss! :yup:

HoJofan206

Here is a classic postcard of a Ramada Inn in Evanston Wyoming.

HoJofan206

Tulsa OK Ramada Inn postcard

HoJofan206

Classic HOLIDAY INN in Jackson Mississippi postcard.

HoJofan206

Here is a picture of the ICONIC HOLIDAY INN roadside sign from the 1960's through the 1970's.  How many times do you recall seeing this sign when you were traveling as a child?  :bigsmile:

HoJofan206

Classic Orange County California HOLIDAY INN

HoJofan206

Early 1990's Howard Johnon's Inn advertisement.

HoJofan206

This is a postcard of the "Original" very first Howard Johnson's Motor Lodge ever.  It was located in Savannah GA.

HoJofan206

This is the former McCurdy hotel in Evansville IN.  It was later used as a retirement complex and is being reworked for Condo usage.

HoJofan206

Vintage Charelston SC Holiday Inn postcard.

HoJofan206

The Vega Strip...back in the 60's

HoJofan206

A current Horne's motel/restaurant location that still excists today!

HoJofan206

And by night.....

HoJofan206

Roadside motel

HoJofan206

The Rio...Las Vegas Nevada

Zayre88

Days Inn came out with a new logo... i liked the old one better.   The website currently shows the old one.  It will probably take some time before the logo appears on all hotels, brochures and tiny soaps and shampoos.

HoJofan206

Missouri roadside motel

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Do you guys remember Susse Chalet ??  I liked this hotel chain.  They had nice, recent motels troughout the northeast.  I liked their logo.

They had around 35 hotels and most of them were new constructions with a common style.

Check out this link to a former Susse Chalet in Plymouth NH.  Its now a Best Inn but the old website remains

http://www.watervillevalleyregion.com/SusseChalet/

Many former Susse Chalet Hotels.  A lot of them became Fairfield Inns.  One of them changed brand again to become a LaQuinta Inn.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
a Sleep Inn. I hate sleep inn's new logo. I like the old one with the cool sun thingy...

Here are all the logo changes that occured in the past years.  The best to me are Best Western, Days Inn and Comfort that are still classic in a way.  The worst changes are Radisson, Econo Lodge and Red Roof Inns.

Zayre88

New Super 8 logo...  :(

mikey7290

Days Inn came out with a new logo... i liked the old one better.   The website currently shows the old one.  It will probably take some time before the logo appears on all hotels, brochures and tiny soaps and shampoos.

The Days Inn in Watertown NY just lost its Denny's.  Now the owner says he is trying to get another restaurant in there.  He is also saying that he might even switch the hotel to another chain as well.  Not too much to choose from, though.  There's already a Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Ramada and Best Western there.

GothicPrincess

just swap the words and make it a motel 6 lol
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Marc82

It's not on their website, but there was an article in The Meriden Record-Journal that The Days Inn on Route 322 in the Milldale section of Southington, CT was sold and will re-open in a few months as an Econo Lodge.

Marc82

Many former Susse Chalet Hotels.  A lot of them became Fairfield Inns.  One of them changed brand again to become a LaQuinta Inn.

The Susse Chalet in Southington, CT is now a dirty and disgusting Howard Johnson Express. Review after Review for this thing talk about how dirty and gross the place is.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33931-d119810-Reviews-Howard_Johnson_Express_Southington-Southington_Connecticut.html

The place is so dirty and disgusting that there is belief among the employees of The Price Chopper next door is that when you get a room at The Howard Johnson you get 4 Mice for the price of 1.

d_fife

the hotels I usually stay at are like Super 8 or Motel 6 (at least it saves money) and they have free wireless. I stayed at a few hotels like Best western in HAckensack and this expensive one in Phili and there was 20 more dollars than the advertised price!!! I hated those added on costs.

in hotels I have stayed at I am happy that no one (bellboy) tries to help me with my luggage and him start grabbing it to help me. You can guess why I dont want someone to help me with my luggage.

Marc82

When I went to King of Prussia, PA last summer I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. I had a great stay. I was originally gonna stay at the Motel 6 but the person I was going to be seeing told me not to stay there because someone was murdered in that hotel 10 or 15 years ago.

When my parents vacationed in Keene, New Hampshire last summer they enjoyed their stay at the Best Western. The construction didn't bother them. Nor did the fact that the workmen accidently set off the fire alarm. Their only complaint was it was hard naviagating that main drag in Keene (Route 9/Route 10) whatever because of all the congestion and the fact that they had rotaries rather than traffic lights.

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
and this expensive one in Phili and there was 20 more dollars than the advertised price!!! I hated those added on costs.

Did you drive a car there?  That might be why - most of the in-city type hotels charge extra for parking.

NJxxJon

...The days Inn Near me still has the old logo, they were doing front room work last time i remember.....
JN

CTAmeshopper

New Super 8 logo...  :(

you...have...got...to..be...kidding..me!!!!!:hurt:

ugh, it makes it look even cheaper looking, no sense of design what so ever, unbelievable.

This makes me glad that my Super 8 is becoming a Days Inn, they have a Days Inn logo on a tarp on the front entrance so that's what I'm assuming what will happen.

The new Days Inn logo looks so pretty compared to this one:bigsmile: