Ross Dress For Less

Started by ameskmart1, April 22, 2006, 11:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameskmart1

Ross Dress For Less is a chain of discount clothing stores founded in California
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

MikeRa

In Philadelphia, there is a Ross Dress For Less store located in the Mellon Independece Center, also known as the Lit Brothers Building.  Still has the cast iron lettering from when Lit Brothers was open, from the 1890's to 1977.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa
In Philadelphia, there is a Ross Dress For Less store located in the Mellon Independece Center, also known as the Lit Brothers Building.  Still has the cast iron lettering from when Lit Brothers was open, from the 1890's to 1977.

The Ross on City Ave. is a former Penn Fruit and Acme. The Acme closed in 2001, and Ross opened in 2003 I think.

ynkeesfn82

From what I've seen on their website it seems like a nice place to shop. Wish they would come to Connecticut.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on March 20, 2013, 09:40:43 PM
From what I've seen on their website it seems like a nice place to shop. Wish they would come to Connecticut.

Ross and DD's Discount (another Ross owned Store) has a few in the Tampa area. One is in an old Albertson's on Hillsborough Ave. Marc B, nice stores, but I think Marshall's got them beat!!

ynkeesfn82

Marshall's is what I call a hit or miss store. I rarely find anything there. Recently I had to return a shirt because although it was the size I wear (4XL) it was tight. I also had to return a pair of jeans because they were button-fly.

MikeRa

Quote from: Mobil on November 07, 2008, 08:53:00 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa

The Ross on City Ave. is a former Penn Fruit and Acme. The Acme closed in 2001, and Ross opened in 2003 I think.
There is also a Ross on the SE Corner of Knights and Street Roads, in Bensalem, that was built, along with Staples and Kohl's, on the site of a former Two Guys/Jefferson Ward/Bradlees-Shop Rite
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

zonemad96

Quote from: Marc B on March 22, 2013, 12:32:02 PM
Marshall's is what I call a hit or miss store. I rarely find anything there. Recently I had to return a shirt because although it was the size I wear (4XL) it was tight. I also had to return a pair of jeans because they were button-fly.

I've only once found a 2xl t-shirt in a design I like at marshalls. I can walk into walmart at any time of the year and pick out 5 t-shirts that I like.

ynkeesfn82

I finally got around to emailing Ross to suggest they open locations in Connecticut. Unfortunately they responded with "Our 5 year plan is to expand in our existing markets only."

Hudsons81

Quote from: Marc B on October 14, 2014, 09:46:03 PM
I finally got around to emailing Ross to suggest they open locations in Connecticut. Unfortunately they responded with "Our 5 year plan is to expand in our existing markets only."

How about opening any here in Michigan?

david121

Store is freaking addictive according to my fiance... LOL

TheFugitive

A new Ross is under construction in Bridgeville, PA.  It is in part of the former Kmart location.  Most of this space opened earlier this year as a Burlington store.  The Ross store is going to be in the far end where the auto center used to be.  Construction crews have been busy fully enclosing that space, installing a new entrance separate from the former Kmart entrance being used by Burlington, etc.

No way this store is open before Christmas which makes me wonder (just like the mid-February Ames Grand Opening I once did) if you miss Christmas, why not just punt to the following Fall?

BillyGr

Quote from: TheFugitive on December 13, 2022, 10:26:52 AMA new Ross is under construction in Bridgeville, PA.  It is in part of the former Kmart location.  Most of this space opened earlier this year as a Burlington store.  The Ross store is going to be in the far end where the auto center used to be.  Construction crews have been busy fully enclosing that space, installing a new entrance separate from the former Kmart entrance being used by Burlington, etc.

No way this store is open before Christmas which makes me wonder (just like the mid-February Ames Grand Opening I once did) if you miss Christmas, why not just punt to the following Fall?

Maybe not on other types of stores, but one that focuses on clothing should be fine opening at any time.  That being since clothing is a seasonal item (different items for different times of year), people are often looking for it not just at holiday time but to replace items as each new season comes up.