NU STARS - Photos???

Started by cdavid991, April 04, 2013, 05:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdavid991

Hello all! So my girlfriend, who is from Harwinton, has always told me that her favorite stores to go to were of course Ames and also Stars. This is quite obvious because she still has a lot of little nick-nacks laying around the apartment marked with a "Nu stars" price tag. I know where "STARS" was in Torrington, on E. Main Street (where BJ's Wholesale Club is now), I just don't know what it looked like! Anyone have some photos, or logos?

Here is a picture of an old can of Ortho BugBgone that she has with the "NU-STARS" logo.

NUSTARS by cdavid991, on Flickr

JimSawhill

Quote from: cdavid991 on April 04, 2013, 05:50:04 AM
Hello all! So my girlfriend, who is from Harwinton, has always told me that her favorite stores to go to were of course Ames and also Stars. This is quite obvious because she still has a lot of little nick-nacks laying around the apartment marked with a "Nu stars" price tag. I know where "STARS" was in Torrington, on E. Main Street (where BJ's Wholesale Club is now), I just don't know what it looked like! Anyone have some photos, or logos?

Here is a picture of an old can of Ortho BugBgone that she has with the "NU-STARS" logo.

NUSTARS by cdavid991, on Flickr

The nu-Star in Torrington was like the Nu-Star in Wallingford. Both had glass windows in the front - traditional 60s buildings!