Chatt's

Started by amesman, May 19, 2005, 05:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amesman

This was another ill fated concept started by Bumbershoots's creator, G. Michael Hostage. This was a type of cafe restaurant, and failed within a year. If anyone has more info, please post :)

HoJofan206

I only ever remember seeing one Chatt's location during its time.  I beleive it was somewhere in TN.  It was around the year 1982 if I recall correctly....I was only 9 years old at the time.  :tumble:

HoJofan206

The ONE Chatt's location I remember seeing was clearly an old T-style HoJo restaurant.  All they did was remove SS&P and put the Chatt's sign in its place. A very cheap changeover.  No wonder it didnt work.  Does anyone remember what type of food they served? :huh:

HoJofan206

A strange find!!  A current Chatt's restaurant located in the Howard Johnson's Inn in Ashville North Carolina.  I dont know if it is affiliated with the original spin-off or not.  Does anyone know??

HoJofan206

The lobby of the Howard Johnson's Inn "Chatt's" restaurant in Ashville NC (during the holidays)

HoJofan206

From the previously posted picture it appears to have the T-style restaurant ceiling form the 60's early 70's era.

HoJofan206

From the road one would think this Chatt's restaurant was in fact a Howard Johnson's restaurant!

amesman

Yes, that location is affiliatted with the old Hojos concept. The owners kept the name after the Howard Johnson Company had been divested in 1985.