Manchester, NH Kmart next to Mall of New Hampshire

Started by TRJ_22487, February 19, 2013, 07:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRJ_22487

http://www.brookhillre.com/property/kmart.html

I've been searching for images of this location for years, I finally found this small image from the real estate company above.
I can't exactly remember when this Kmart closed but it was quite a while ago. This is the earliest Kmart I can remember going to in my early childhood. We went there quite a bit as well as Chuck E Cheese and Toys R Us/Kids R Us. I can remember the electronics department the best, it was quite dark and even as a little kid the ceilings seemed unusually low. It was the first place I ever saw a Nintendo Entertainment System on the shelf and all of the games behind the glass.

This is how the plaza appeared in 2009, replaced by Burlington Coat Factory. It closed in Spring of 2011.
Clearly the subdivided stores must have been a former Kmart Foods? It shows how old this Kmart must have been.
It looks like when the Kmart first opened it was slightly bigger, but once the Foods section closed Chuck E Cheese took some of the space.
Again I can't remember when it closed but I don't believe it ever had the 1990's logo, and the last time I can honestly remember it being there was probably around 1995.

vwnut13

Zayre88

TRJ_22487

Quote from: Zayre88 on February 19, 2013, 08:06:34 PM
From my site:

Sept. 14, 2002

Wonderful! So it's certainly been closed for as long as I had thought.....I remember traveling to Funcoland on South Willow St the more I think about itback in 1999 and it looked this way then too, so definitely closed in the 90's and sat vacant for a while

Zayre88

Manchester closed in 2002 when Kmart decided to close 284 stores.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,47459,00.html

Here's BCF in 2011 (after it closed):

TRJ_22487

So it must have been there when I was still visiting Manchester around 12 years old....but then i didn't go back until 2005 years later and so much had changed.

jmcnamara96

I've shopped in Manchester since i was born and my parents since the mid 80's i can answer alot of questions in the retail scene here :)

danfifepsu

I went to its closing sale 15 yrs ago and why did it close?