Main Menu

Working in Old Saybrook now....

Started by greg8370, February 19, 2013, 02:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg8370

the Ames is now a Ocean City Job Lot.   Pretty low rent inside even by their standards.  Plenty of stuff for those of us who worked for Ames.  The green exterior, the green stripe around the walls with vendor names still intact in some spots, intact Ames carts in a stockroom, and A+ logos at the registers are some of the high points.  I got sent there there for two days doing HBA planograms because someone from Rocky Hill had walked in and they were way behind the reset.....

AmesNewington

I remember shopping there once when it was Ames around 2000/2001 when we camped in Salem. I remember it was a bigger Ames and was very nice. The bathrooms were in the lobby/entrance area. It was organized very well and clean. Come to think of it, that Ames and the ones I shopped at regularly in Newington and Rocky Hill were always clean and organized, until the day they closed.

greg8370

Yes, as an Ames store it was pretty good but it is a dump today.....

Bdubs

The former Ames in Lisbon is also a Job Lot now.  They pretty much left everything inside the same when they moved in.  Green paint scheme, green registers, etc.   The building itself doesnt appear too old, but the interior obviously hasnt seen any type of update in years.