Fairway Market

Started by retailisking, September 27, 2012, 12:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

A small grocery chain with 11 stores in three Northeast states has filed to go public with plans to eventually grow to 300 stores. I share Kevin Coupe's skepticism. In the near term, could A&P's Food Emporium banner be on their radar?

http://morningnewsbeat.com/News/News_Article_Detail_S.las?A=40098&Date=2012-09-25

Joeg

faz152

Fairway needs to work on their store layouts.... they just opened an awkward store in westbury where instead of aisles they have almost cubby like sections which is a frickin stuff show when the store is busy; otherwise its a decent store but not a place I'd shop at normally... I find stop & shop to have a better store layout with much better selection and prices especially on organics and natural food... and always clean; now if they would only be more competitive on their deli pricing

RoleModel

Quote from: faz152 on September 28, 2012, 09:28:11 AM
Fairway needs to work on their store layouts.... they just opened an awkward store in westbury where instead of aisles they have almost cubby like sections which is a frickin stuff show when the store is busy; otherwise its a decent store but not a place I'd shop at normally... I find stop & shop to have a better store layout with much better selection and prices especially on organics and natural food... and always clean; now if they would only be more competitive on their deli pricing

As far as locations of a chain ranked overall, Stop & Shop wins that on LI hands down. As for one particular store of a chain, Commack Shoprite.