Tim Hortons

Started by Jag67, May 18, 2005, 06:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kendra

The Tim's in my area (all opened in recent years) seem to be doing well. They're actually building one quite close to me, next to an Irving/Circle K that does a ton of business, right off of the intersection of I-95 and I-395. I will, no doubt, be visiting them frequently...I'm not a huge coffee drinker but I think Timbits are amazing...and their soups and sandwiches are quite good as well. I was psyched when they started opening locations around here, as previously I was really only able to partake of their tasty offerings while visiting Canada.

Zayre88

Another recently opened Tim Hortons in Maine, in Biddeford. (Now 28 locations in Maine !!)

wwefan101

my town has 4 dunkin  dounts lol i like ther cofeee a good days  woth of shloveing snow then being able to walk over to dd for a coffe is great but i want a tim hortons in town

nims57

I have never been to one. The only time I ever saw one was in western NY.

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
I have never been to one. The only time I ever saw one was in western NY.

Oh, they're fantastic (in my opinion at least) -- should you encounter one again, I'd highly recommend checking it out.

Zayre88

Tim Hortons in Augusta, Maine (Western Ave. location).

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Our newly opened Tim Hortons:  with the classic pylon sign like Houlton and Caribou above.

Another view in 2009:

beachgal26

We visited our first Tim Horton's last year and were blown away!!  I would love to have them here, but the South is pretty slow to try anything new.  

The good news is that TN is finally getting Dunkin Donuts back after a 15 year absence and the one near me is great!

Chris, congrats on the Papa Gino's medal.  My ex-son-in-law loved them and says that no other pizza chain can match their flavor and crust texture.  (He should know since he just about lives on pizza.)

:yup:

Bdubs

The Taftville section of Norwich Tim Horton's is now closed.  Not sure how long it has been, but by the looks of things a couple years now.  This was a former Bess Eaton location.

However, a completely rebuilt Tim Horton's open 24 hours on the other side of Norwich seems to be thriving.  

GothicPrincess

I feel so deprived, we haven't got squat here. No Tim Horton's, no DD, all we have is Starbucks, and McDonalds. blah...the closest DD here is a good 35-40 minute drive away, and half these yahoos around me don't even know what Tim Horton's is.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by GothicPrincess
I feel so deprived, we haven't got squat here. No Tim Horton's, no DD, all we have is Starbucks, and McDonalds. blah...the closest DD here is a good 35-40 minute drive away, and half these yahoos around me don't even know what Tim Horton's is.
NO DD?!! I experience that a lot when I travel, I'll ask where a DD is and they respond with 1 or 2 towns away?!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by greg8370
The New London, CT store closed about 6 weeks ago and the location in nearby Waterford, CT closed a year ago.

but why?

Bdubs

DD fanboys around here.  You just can't break em!

reitelle

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Thats awesome! The US should be more lke Canada.  I hope once Tim Hortons expands in the US by storm, people will see the truth.  There are tons here in RI, and seem to have a firm hold on Dunkin Donuts.  I always liked Honey Dew, and Tim Hortons once I moved to RI because of their unique, non-mass-produced taste of coffee and home-town type service.  I go to Dunkin Donuts and in most locations the coffee is made with no effort.  Both in the pot and by the employee, and just has such a generic taste to it.  No offense to anyone who works there!

I've NEVER seen a Tim Hortons in my life and I lived in RI for 12 years... in my area of lil' rhody dunkie's are on every corner and all the employees were amazing to us and had great coffee :) as long as you aren't jerks to them and you go on a regular basis a bond even forms, they know everyone in my family's coffee by name. To be honest... the taste of the coffee all comes from what you put in it (as long as its not burnt, and you grow to learn what times of the day the coffee wont be at its freshest) and D&D lets you change it a little... for example my weapon of choice is a medium decaf with extra extra cream and 4 sugars melted.

Ameskid

I haven't eaten TH since 2006, when there was one just around the corner from our hotel in Toronto.  They have tons of these in other parts of Ohio, especially near the WVA border, but none in our area.  
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

ynkeesfn82

All remaining Tim Hortons in Connecticut and Rhode Island have closed along with two in the Portland, Maine area.

From WJAR-TV Providence:

http://www2.turnto10.com/business/2010/nov/10/tim-hortons-shuts-providence-hartford-stores-ar-287065/

From WFSB-TV Hartford:

http://www.wfsb.com/news/25756519/detail.html

C. Fontaine

Wow that sucks!  I used to go to the one Douglas Ave in Providence almost every day!!!

greg8370

Time for Honey Dew stores to come into CT!

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: greg8370 on November 12, 2010, 03:56:36 PM

If Krispy Kreme and Tim Horton's failed, what makes you think Honey Dew will fare any better?

Zayre88

Westbrook & Windham Maine are closing.  But Tim Hortons will open two new stores in the state.

jmcnamara96

also south portland
Quote from: Zayre88 on November 12, 2010, 06:25:29 PM
Westbrook & Windham Maine are closing.  But Tim Hortons will open two new stores in the state.

Zayre88

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on November 15, 2010, 02:57:36 PM
also south portland

That is closing or opening?  The news did not mentionned more than 2 closings or openings in ME.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Zayre88 on November 15, 2010, 07:08:46 PM
Quote from: jmcnamara96 on November 15, 2010, 02:57:36 PM
also south portland

That is closing or opening?  The news did not mentionned more than 2 closings or openings in ME.

South Portland is closing too. I believe it's mentioned in my link from WJAR-TV.

retailisking

In Maine only Westbrook and Windham closed.  Corporate wasted little time stripping the properties of signage and other indicators that they were Tim's locations.  Gotta hand it to them for protecting their brand image.  As my gallery images indicate, the closed locations still have SOME telltale signs of being former Tim Hortons if you get up close...

"Westbrook Tim Hortons  front exterior" "Westbrook Tim Hortons entrance sign" "Westbrook Tim Hortons street sign" "Westbrook Tim Hortons street sign 2" "Windham Tim Hortons  rear exterior" "Windham Tim Hortons Door Sign" "Windham Tim Hortons Front" "Windham Tim Hortons Street Sign" "Windham Tim Hortons angle view drive thru" "Windham Tim Hortons drive-thru window"

retailisking

Quote from: greg8370 on November 12, 2010, 03:56:36 PM

There was a Honey Dew in Sanford, ME that opened in 1999 but it closed the following year due to fraud on the part of the bank that financed its construction.  I wonder if they would give it another try?
http://www.morelaw.com/verdicts/case.asp?n=CV-05-112&s=ME&d=33561

Bdubs

I just don't understand what is so great about Dunkin Donuts.  They almost depend 100% on satellite bakeries to deliver to their stores, so if you go buy a bagel there at 8pm it's almost 24 hours old.  That, right there just turns me away.  I want to eat somewhere that at least makes their own products on premise, and keeps a more "fresh food" atmosphere. 

retailisking

Here are a few pix of the Tim Hortons/Cold Stone Creamery at Westgate Shopping Center in Portland, ME.  This is a conversion of an long-abandoned former Friendly's.

"IMG_0175" "IMG_0177" "IMG_0178"

ynkeesfn82

The former Tim Hortons/Cold Stone Creamery in Plainville, Connecticut is becoming a branch of First Niagra Bank.

retailisking

The Westgate location (ex-Friendly's) that I posted pix of is one of them...
http://www.pressherald.com/news/Tim_Horton_s_closes_six_stores_in_Maine_.html

Another one of them was the Tims/Cold Stone at the dying Promenade Mall in Lewiston. They wasted no time removing the signage. The Flagship Cinema is on its last legs there, too; they yanked the 3D gear from it last year. The powers that be are focused on downtown and are ignoring the rot elsewhere in the city.
http://www.sunjournal.com/news/lewiston-auburn-business/2013/12/02/lisbon-avenue-tim-hortons-lewiston-closes/1460067

JimSawhill

What happened to the Tim Horton's locations (former Bess Eaton's) in Connecticut. There used to be one in Vernon, IIRC.