Tim Hortons

Started by Jag67, May 18, 2005, 06:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

They're a regional Canadian donut chain that was recently bought by Wendy's. Their donuts are really good, just kinda small. It was founded in the 60's by-you guessed it- NHL player Tim Horton. He was killed in a car crash in 1972 or 73..

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
They're a regional Canadian donut chain that was recently bought by Wendy's. Their donuts are really good, just kinda small. It was founded in the 60's by-you guessed it- NHL player Tim Horton. He was killed in a car crash in 1972 or 73..

Interesting how a memory of a NHL great will always be remembered by a doughnut chain

LOL:insane:

amesman

I've seen a lot of Tim Hortons in my travels to Buffalo. They are sometimes combined with Arby's. I'll get a pic of one if I go out to Buffalo this summer.

Zayre88

Tim Hortons are pretty big in Canada. They surpass Dunkin' Donuts.  The merger with Wendy's appears to be a good thing for both companies.  They are opening more stores in the U.S. and recently acquired the Bess Eaton chain.  

Here's a combined restaurant.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Tim Hortons are pretty big in Canada. They surpass Dunkin' Donuts.  The merger with Wendy's appears to be a good thing for both companies.  They are opening more stores in the U.S. and recently acquired the Bess Eaton chain.  

oh so thats what happened to Bess Eaton!

if true then why are my Bess Eatons being replaced by Coffee House Plus's?

Does Tim Horton own Coffee House Plus?:question::huh:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

oh so thats what happened to Bess Eaton!

if true then why are my Bess Eatons being replaced by Coffee House Plus's?

Does Tim Horton own Coffee House Plus?:question::huh:

actually my Bess Eatons were replaced around 1997 or so

so they're already replaced

all my Bess Eaton's closed:(

Jag67

Originally posted by Zayre88
QuoteHere's a combined restaurant.

Hey, I'VE BEEN TO THAT RESTAURANT!!!

or one that looks exactly like it. Isn't it a rest stop-type place in canada? It has New York Fries in it too. We go to it when we go to Dearborn, MI (which we are going to this weekend)

By the way, my uncle always says as we pass thru Canada, "There's a Hortons every 5 feet"

Zayre88

Yeah they have many with that exact same style.  They tried once and now it's a very common concept.   Many are rest-area style and there is also a concept of double-drive-thru-only restaurant for high volume cities.

I would say that in Canada, there's a Tim Horton's every 4 feet :roll:

Jag67

so maybe it is, maybe it isnt the one. I bet it is though

Jag67

here's another hortons

Zayre88

My local Tim Hortons, squeezed between Pizza Hut and a small shopping plaza.

LazarusFan

Their doughnuts kicks ass.  They're alot better than Dunkin Doughnuts.  Plus Tim Horton's serves up lunch which Dunkin doesn't.

LazarusFan

Wendy's is announcing that it will spin-off Tim Hortons into another company.  Which means Wendy's won't have any interest in the company.  When Wendy's bought Tim Horton's in 1995 it's value was at $425 million.   This has grown now to $5 billion.

dooneyt63

Actually Wendy's is only making a public offering of 15 to 18% of the common stock of Tim Horton's.  They will still retain a commanding control of the company.  Tim Hortons success is legendary.

d_fife

this tim hortons is in north windham maine.

d_fife

this tim hortons is in south portland maine on market st in the same building as wendy's.

storehistoryguy

Zayre88

The former Wendy's in Skowhegan will become a Tim Hortons.  The loss of Wendy's is sad but Tim Hortons will probably have more success.  It's a busy area and there is a lot of traffic on route 201.  It will be a good place to stop at before driving north of Skowhegan where there's no other chain restaurants.

http://business.mainetoday.com/news/060505skowhegan.shtml

The store locator indicates 13 locations in Maine:
Houlton, Caribou, Presque Isle (2), Scarborough, Westbrook, Portland, South Portland (2), Lewiston, Auburn (2),Windham

The chain has more than 2,800 restaurants -- about 2,500 are located in Canada and about 270 in the United States, mainly in the Northeast and Midwest

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife

But it seems they are putting more in Tim Horton's than Wendy's. and them turning the closed ones in Newport, Brewer and Skowhegan into Tim horton's. There is not even a wendy's in presque isle, but there is a tim horton's there.

THE WENDYS in NORWAY MAINE IS NOT ON THE STORE LOCATOR!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WITH WENDY'S IN MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Hortons is in "super expansion mode" in Maine.  After years with only 4-5 restaurants, they are opening more and more new stores including many in former Wendy's.  Instead of keeping some Wendy's with a slow business, they are turning them into Tim Horton's wich are probably more profitable.  

Newport, Brewer and Skowhegan will become Tim Hortons.  A new Tim Hortons is scheduled to open soon in Augusta but not in a "future former Wendy's" this time..

http://business.mainetoday.com/news/060621augustafood.shtml

d_fife

tim hortons is not in new hampshire!!! I wonder if they will turn the gone one in portsmouth on lafayette rd into one!!!

d_fife

abotu tim horton's how much different is it than wendy's if thjey are owend by the same company and they are putting more money in tim horton's (just like toys r us' co is doing with toys r us and babies r us). I realize tim horton's has donuts and coffee, but what else? I have seen many of them in maine, rhode island, western new york and pennsylvania. I remember the one in south portland; in the toys r us parking lot; opening over 5 years ago. some of them; like south portland market st; have both wendy's and tim horton's in teh same building.

XISMZERO

Of course I'm very excited because Tim Horton's is building a store in Plainville, Connecticut right on Route 372 near the center of town. I tried Tim's coffee for the first time a week ago in a New London store and am finally glad I have more choices than the fifty Dunkin' Donuts stores and the few Whole Donut shops. I usually avoid Starbucks because I'm not one of those fancy coffee drinkers.

Here's a coming soon sign I stumbled across last week on one of my treks through Plainville.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Zayre88

abotu tim horton's how much different is it than wendy's if thjey are owend by the same company and they are putting more money in tim horton's  I realize tim horton's has donuts and coffee, but what else?

They have coffee, donuts, soups, sandwiches, Danishes, tarts, cakes, muffins, bagels, and more.  See it at http://www.timhortons.com/en/menu/index.html

In Canada, they're #1 over Dunkin Donuts.  They also expanding but there's less and less space to grow now.  Our town used to have two Dunkin'... then a Tim opened now one Dunkin has closed and there planning to add another Tim.

d_fife

tim horton's in vernon CT near the center of town

d_fife

meriden Ct near all the resturants on main st.

d_fife

meriden Ct near all the resturants on main st.
meriden sign

d_fife

hortons under construction in plainville ct, july 21, 2006.

d_fife

tim horton's / wendy's combo in south portland me

d_fife

tim horton's / wendy's combo in south portland me

south portland me one

d_fife

westbrook one (THERE ARE two not far from each other)