Main Menu

Microtel

Started by Zayre88, June 30, 2012, 05:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

Microtel is a nice chain.  Now exactly an economy chain like Motel 6 but a budget chain.

Microtel was acquired by Wyndham, the company that also owns Days Inn, Travelodge, Hojo, Ramada and more.

Now they're changing the logo and modeling it after the Wingate and Hawthorn logos:

MikeRa

I stayed at two different Microtel locations this year, and had 2 different experiences.  The Kingsland, GA location I had a excellent experience, but at the Florence, SC location, I had a bad experience.  Overall, I would still recomend Microtel Inn (except for the Florence, SC location)
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TheFugitive

I stayed in one near Columbus, Ohio.  Very small room.  I did not really object
as I was traveling alone.

It was comfortable, and the people were nice.  The bathroom was quite strange
though.  They had a floor to ceiling mirror right behind the toilet, so I got a
full-body view of myself as I stood there to do my business.   :o ???

MikeRa

Quote from: MikeRa on November 16, 2012, 11:45:26 PM
I stayed at two different Microtel locations this year, and had 2 different experiences.  The Kingsland, GA location I had a excellent experience, but at the Florence, SC location, I had a bad experience.  Overall, I would still recomend Microtel Inn (except for the Florence, SC location)
Will be staying at the Kingsland, GA Microtel Inn once again on May 3, on my way to Disney
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

retailisking

Stork of The Weak

When might the Microtel in West Chester, PA have opened? It sits across from a store called "Kelly's Sports" that screams 80's, along with a Pepsi distributorship.

retailisking

The Microtel is open in North Windham, Maine. It's slightly more upscale than a Motel 6 with a modern motif.
http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/maine/windham/microtel-inn-and-suites-by-wyndham-windham/hotel-overview