Filene's Basment

Started by Caldor1999, January 06, 2005, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

Filene's at the Maine Mall in South Portland.  The store is slated to close since Macy's is already in the Mall.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Filene's at the Maine Mall in South Portland.  The store is slated to close since Macy's is already in the Mall.

it will probley become a Bloomingdales
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

Get a pic of the Macys! I don't care if it looks the same as the one in Crossgates. I want to see it anyway!! lol :)

Zayre88

Filene's at the Fox Run Mall in Newington NH.  Still has the old Filene's logo.

Here's that same store again, with the old Filene's logo.

Caldor1999

Filene's at the Fox Run Mall in Newington NH.  Still has the old Filene's logo.

Here's that same store again, with the old Filene's logo.

im sure since macys is in teh mall that filenes might become a bloomingdales or some outher store fersted owns
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

jmn3

Federated basically has Macy's and Bloomingdale's and that's about it.  Well...unless you consider the May brands.  I would tend to think that out of all of the duplicate May/Macy's stores, more of those stores will end up closed than will end up as a Bloomie's.  They are really positioning that chain as the upscale choice and just like they have already, they're not going to have Bloomingdale's stores all over the place.  The demographics are going to have to add up in order for them to plop a Bloomie's in.

Anonymous

this filene's is in waterbury connecticut in brass center mall and 161,700 sf

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
this filene's is in waterbury connecticut in brass center mall and 161,700 sf

this is my post. I FORGOT TO LOG ON! Sorry.

d_fife

tihs filenes is in silver city galleria mall in taunton and liek 160,000 square feet maybe.

d_fife

this filene's is in Boston downtown crossings and maybe 390,000 square feet.

d_fife

this filenes is in burlington vermont in the downtown mall and is 80,000 square feet and opened in the late 1990s. it waas originally porteous.

the old navy next to it was once woolworth.

d_fife

this filene's basement is in paramus

from Site Ride Headlines of www.siteride.com

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this Filene's is in BAngor MAine.

The current one in MAnchester NH looks like this one and the one in the Auburn mall in Auburn mass looks like this.

Filene's entrance inside Bangor Mall

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this Filene's is in BAngor MAine.

The current one in MAnchester NH looks like this one and the one in the Auburn mall in Auburn mass looks like this.

Filene's entrance inside Bangor Mall

thats a cool filenes i think it will became Bloomingdales since macys is already there
Caldor Forever!

Bdubs

I recieved a present wrapped in this box this past Christmas.  Came from my mom who saves every box.  There used to be a Filene's in the Crystal Mall in Waterford CT.  It was a large anchor store, which, when the merger happened, the store was closed.  It was sub-divided to a Christmas Tree Shops down stairs, and a Bed, Bath, & Beyond upstairs.

Pikapower

Did Filene's Basement went out?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Pikapower on March 20, 2015, 02:12:39 PM

Yes. They got married to the chain SYMS and later they both went bye-bye. I don't remember what year. The one in West Hartford, CT closed a long time ago however. It's been Best Buy for a long time.

Pikapower

Maybe we should move the Fliene's Basement thread to the closed chains forum!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on March 21, 2015, 06:35:27 AM
Quote from: Pikapower on March 20, 2015, 02:12:39 PM

Yes. They got married to the chain SYMS and later they both went bye-bye. I don't remember what year. The one in West Hartford, CT closed a long time ago however. It's been Best Buy for a long time.

Wikipedia suggests the last Filene's Basement closed December 29, 2011 - that might be relatively accurate (they say sold to Syms in 2009).  There is also a website saying coming soon, so perhaps another of those names re-launched in cyberspace only.