BJs to open in metro Detroit

Started by giantsfan2016, November 29, 2018, 11:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

BJs will be opening two locations in the Detroit area in 2019. They will be located in Taylor and Madison Heights. The site in Madison Heights was a Super KMART location.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/retail/east-coast-wholesale-giant-bjs-wholesale-club-plans-michigan-expansion

jason83080

I've yet to see a BJ's that looks like that. None of the ones in Ohio - which, btw, only goes about as far west as Avon, and doesn't include the two shuttered stores in Columbus - look that amazing. For a company that's cutting hours and department heads, the fact that they're going to invest in what's basically a brand new market is surprising to me. Maybe they'll fill in more of Ohio along the way? Toledo? Sandusky?

If they do open these stores and they look that amazing, I hope they roll that out to the rest of the chain. Ours had more self-checkouts put in and recently decided to only have manned registers from, like, 11-7 during the day. How's that for customer service? And, I saw the jump in the membership price. When I worked there, trying to get $35-40 out of people was bad enough...

giantsfan2016

It's like $50/month now. There's also a more expensive plan as well. Of course the one I work at (Southington Connecticut) is in a wealthy town. LOL. Mine has manned cash registers open to close 9AM-9PM. And yes we do have self-checkout too.