Waldbaum's Foodmart Cart

Started by ynkeesfn82, March 25, 2012, 09:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

This morning sitting outside the Big Lots in Bristol, Connecticut was a Waldbaum's Foodmart cart. Before Big Lots opened in 2003 the store was Waldbaum's Foodmart until 1999 or 2000. It was small made of metal with a red plastic handle.

AmesNewington

ynkeesfn82

Didn't have my camera with me.

cdavid991

I found this exact shopping cart, full of garbage sitting outside the JOANN FABRICS. I took the flap that said "Waldbaums Foodmart" off and have it up in my garage. If someone tells me how to put up a picture I will.

ynkeesfn82

Click Reply. Then click additional options. There you can upload photos from your computer's hard drive. Then click post.

ynkeesfn82

From 1981 until April 1988 Foodmart was located in Caldor Village Plaza in Southington (now Walmart Plaza). They subdivided the space into 3 stores including NAMCO. For many years NAMCO was using the old Foodmart Carts. Then they got a bunch of new carts of their own. I thought they got rid of all the old Foodmart cart. Well last week my Mom went to Sally's Beauty and I went to Walmart and I saw an old Foodmart Cart sitting in the parking lot near NAMCO.