Robert Hall Clothes

Started by amesman, March 15, 2012, 06:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amesman

Anyone out there remember this chain? I wasn't alive yet when they were around but I have heard a lot about them. Their reputation seems to be that they had cheap style clothes. They were owned by United Merchants and Manufacturers and were shut down in 1977. Post your pictures, location info, memories, etc here.

Here's an old, somewhat blurry picture of the former Kingston, NY store, now occupied by The Salvation Army.

nims57

Yes. The one in Bellmawr NJ was open 1964-1977 and was later a Kinney Shoes, then Dollarland, now a Goodwill. And the surrounding area is horrible.

ynkeesfn82

There was one in Farmington, Connecticut on the corner of Route 6 and Route 177 where Tunxis Community College now stands. They had turned the old store into classrooms. Over the years the college has grown and grown and I believe the old store has since been demolished. There was a joke about people attending Robert Hall University.

Joeg

Robert Hall had radio commercials also..One of the most famous one was broadcast after the first JFK Assaination bulletin on KLIF-AM radio in Dallas, TX

amesman

Here's a somewhat dark picture of the Auburn, NY location.

amesman

Here's a former location on Business Route 6 just north of Dickson City, PA

JimSawhill

There is a Robert Hall here on Florida Ave that is now a liquor store. Robert Hall and Kenney Shoes has a store in Berlin, CT (I think Mickey Finns is in it!).  South Windsor, on Rt 5 at the East Hartford town line had a Robert Hall and Kenney Shoes. (When I moved from CT, the Robert Hall was IIRC a nightclub.)