anybody remember Nichols??

Started by buzz86us, March 13, 2012, 09:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz86us

There was one in Amsterdam NY that had been there forever it closed long before I was born but that storefront was there forever until it was finally torn down and turned into a Home Depot.

shore72

I remember going to one a few times as a kid in the 80s, their store in Fruitland, MD (just south of Salisbury). It's now a Food Lion. My wife grew up closer to their location in Dover, DE which is now the site of a Home Depot.

From what I recall, it was a cut above the average discount department store. I remember the toy department being in a seperate section, walled off from the rest of the store and better than Ames or Woolworths (where we usually shopped).

busman_49

There used to be one in Wooster, Ohio.  A trucking company took it over, and they built a large warehouse-type building between the Nichols building and the street, so it's not really visible.  I vaguely remember going there in my childhood years.  There used to be a Heck's across the street, which closed and Quality Farm & Fleet took it over.  Now it's Rural King Ohio.