AMESFANCLUB
January 21, 2018, 10:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody remember Nichols??  (Read 1066 times)
buzz86us
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »

There was one in Amsterdam NY that had been there forever it closed long before I was born but that storefront was there forever until it was finally torn down and turned into a Home Depot.
shore72
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »

I remember going to one a few times as a kid in the 80s, their store in Fruitland, MD (just south of Salisbury). It's now a Food Lion. My wife grew up closer to their location in Dover, DE which is now the site of a Home Depot.

From what I recall, it was a cut above the average discount department store. I remember the toy department being in a seperate section, walled off from the rest of the store and better than Ames or Woolworths (where we usually shopped).
busman_49
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 05:39:59 AM »

There used to be one in Wooster, Ohio.  A trucking company took it over, and they built a large warehouse-type building between the Nichols building and the street, so it's not really visible.  I vaguely remember going there in my childhood years.  There used to be a Heck's across the street, which closed and Quality Farm & Fleet took it over.  Now it's Rural King Ohio.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: