Orr's Department Store

Started by TRJ_22487, March 07, 2012, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRJ_22487

Only had 4 locations in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Opened in 1950's and went defunct in 1993.

Here is the Bethlehem, PA location vacant in 1995 before renovation into Main St Commons. It was next door to the now defunct Woolworth.

TRJ_22487

Phillipsburg, New Jersey at the Hillcrest Shopping Center was the final location to close, in 1993

JoshAustin610

It's confusing from the article, but the last Orr's was actually in Phillipsburg; the Warren refers to Warren County.  I only mention that because there is a town called Warren elsewhere in NJ.  There were a total of 5 at one point; downtown Easton (now Crayola Factory), Bethlehem (pictured), Phillipsburg (later a Staples on part of the ground floor, now medical offices), Flemington (Flemington Mall, demolished), and Chester, NJ (not sure where, possibly where CVS and other stores are now).

TRJ_22487

Thanks for clearing that up that had confused me, I was thinking Town of Warren. I didn't realize there was a Warren county as well...that's kind of odd.

Here is more Bethlehem, PA location in 1993, and then still vacant in 1996.
They had an overnight closing and moved remaining merchandise to Phillipsburg location, which ended up closing weeks later to defunct the chain.