AMESFANCLUB
January 19, 2018, 11:12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott Petco  (Read 1048 times)
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« on: March 05, 2012, 08:43:50 PM »

For a long time, after reading about what horrible conditions their pets for sale go through, I've not given a cent of my money to Petco. Last year they bought out Petsmart, a similar but smaller pet store chain.

Anyone else with me?

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »

...Petco. Last year they bought out Petsmart, a similar but smaller pet store chain.

Not true. Petco is privately held, while PetSmart is publicly traded. No corporate relationship between the chains whatsoever. And PetSmart leads Petco in number of locations by about 100 at last count.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:15:53 PM by retailisking » Logged
shore72
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:34:05 PM »

We shop PetSmart on occasion; I know they do a lot with the local animal shelters. The stores have lots of fish, small mammals and reptiles for sale but they leave cats/dogs to the shelters. Maybe Petco is the same? We don't have any of those around home, but we did stop in one once (Columbia, MD?) and it seemed second rate compared to PetSmart. Mostly these days we go to the Delaware-based Concord Pets; they have no animals at all.
Ameskid
Ames 4 Lyfer!

Hi!

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »

...Petco. Last year they bought out Petsmart, a similar but smaller pet store chain.

Not true. Petco is privately held, while PetSmart is publicly traded. No corporate relationship between the chains whatsoever. And PetSmart leads Petco in number of locations by about 100 at last count.
Interesting. All I know is that one day my store was a Petsmart, and the next day it was a Petco. Not sure what happened there.

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: