Mallview Plaza Waterbury, CT

Started by ynkeesfn82, February 15, 2012, 10:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

The Mallview Plaza in Waterbury, Connecticut got its name because it's in back of what was the Naugatuck Valley Mall. Although the mall was demolished and redeveloped into the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center the plaza retained its name. Officially the address of Mallview Plaza is 117 Sharon Road, I don't believe there is actual access to the plaza from Sharon Road. Instead you have to drive into the parking lot of The Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center and drive down an access road to reach it. It's really a dump. The parking area is in really bad shape.

There are 3 buildings on the property. Building one houses a store front church, a vacant store that was once home to a Weight Watchers Meeting Center, and Mr. Wok Chinese Buffet. The 2nd Building is a vacant movie theater. It closed in December 2010 with a promise of reopening in the spring. It never did. The 3rd Building has a small Italian Restaurant, the studios of Waterbury Public Access TV 13, a martial arts school, and some vacant space.

The whole place just needs to be leveled.

scottw73

Wasn't Jo-Ann Fabrics located there before they relocated next to Kmart?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on February 15, 2012, 10:54:27 AM
The 2nd Building is a vacant movie theater. It closed in December 2010 with a promise of reopening in the spring. It never did.

Summer 2012 update. New owners bought the vacant Holiday Cinemas. It is now called Creative Cinemas and features a mix of new and older movies. Their prices are really inexpensive too.

http://www.project.creativecinemasllc.com/Home_Page.php

CTAmeshopper

I remember a place called Fizz Kids back in the 90's it used to be in a separate building near the Mall View Plaza, it could of been located where Jo-Ann Fabrics is. Was it in a separate building or am I thinking incorrectly?

I swear this place existed I remember the video game machines playing Out Run II and the place served pizza and it had tubes where you can climb around in. It was around when the Naugatuck Valley Mall was still intact.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: scottw73 on February 15, 2012, 05:47:05 PM
Wasn't Jo-Ann Fabrics located there before they relocated next to Kmart?

Last weekend I was going through Nick DiMaio's Caldor Rainbow Blog and he did a story about Wolcott Street in one of his blogs and yes Jo-Ann was located in this plaza back in the day.

ynkeesfn82

Creative Cinemas is now closed. A buddy of mine told me and I see it on their Facebook page.

ynkeesfn82

Creative Cinemas has reopened as Apple Cinemas. Apple Cinemas is based out of Cambridge, Mass. This is their second location. Let's see how long it stays open this time.

giantsfan2016

The plaza is in really bad shape and should really be demolished. It's poorly lit and last night a buddy of mine got a flat tire when he hit a massive pothole he couldn't see in the dark.

Anyway. Mr. Wok Buffet is still there (gross). Apple Cinemas is still there. And Waterbury Public Access TV 13 is still there,