AMESFANCLUB
December 16, 2017, 10:38:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Happy Holidays to everyone on the forum! It's been another great year of topics. 2018 will be a great year. The other Admin, Jon is supposed to be coming up to Connecticut this coming spring or summer to meet up with me. Mayhem will sure to follow us. LOL. Gonna visit the still vacant AMES HQ in Rocky Hill, the last vacant AMES in Connecticut located in Seymour, and going to hit up one of the 3 remaining K-MARTS in Connecticut. As a side trip we're probably going to hit Northern Mass and meet up with Chris the founder of the AMES Fan Club. ~ Brammy. New Email brammy82@mail.com

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sears to close 100 to 120 Kmart, Sears stores  (Read 70212 times)
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #450 on: March 27, 2017, 07:30:28 AM »

IT said Kmart /  sears the owner said substantial doubt exists of being open, whats the prediction when Sears and or Kmart will go?
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »

Jack Quirk Jr. says he has no immediate plans for the property

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/04/06/business/quirks-buy-former-kmart-property-sell-waterfront-lots-to-bangor-savings
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #452 on: April 07, 2017, 06:46:13 AM »

I had a dream 2 nights ago that Kmart is having another huge round of closings and then the next afternoon I see a few closings on google news (one near DAyton OH, Meadvlle PA and HAleigh FL (That one has the new logo)
Kmart4life
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #453 on: October 08, 2017, 06:39:07 PM »

Here is my Kmart that closed last Sunday, this store stayed busy but the millionaire executives obviously know more than the customers who shop there SMDH!
Kmart4life
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2017, 08:52:51 PM »

Signage is now gone and the label scar painted over, supposed to be done with cleaning by Thursday but I believe they finished today.
JimSawhill
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #455 on: October 18, 2017, 09:30:15 PM »

The KMart on Florida Avenue closed September 30th. There's only 2 KMarts in Hillsborough County now...Brandon and in Temple Terrace...
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #456 on: November 02, 2017, 02:14:02 PM »

KMARTS AND SEARS CLOSING incl the LAST ONE N ALAABAMA. ONLY 450 Kmarts wll remain by FEB http://www.kcbd.com/story/36750046/63-sears-kmart-stores-to-close-by-early-2018
JJBers

No Ames nearby since 2002...

« Reply #457 on: November 02, 2017, 02:58:19 PM »

Well, it seems Connecticut is safe from any closures for a while.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #458 on: November 02, 2017, 08:30:13 PM »

when wll all of them close? OK first RI, Now Alabama w all Kmarts gone.
JJBers

« Reply #459 on: November 02, 2017, 08:38:54 PM »

I think at this point, it'll be like a Ames bankruptcy, leaving stores scattered across the United States closed. Maybe around 50-100 Sears and 300-350 Kmarts. This could be as early as the turn of the decade, or maybe out there in the late-2020s

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #460 on: November 02, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »

I think at this point, it'll be like a Ames bankruptcy, leaving stores scattered across the United States closed. Maybe around 50-100 Sears and 300-350 Kmarts. This could be as early as the turn of the decade, or maybe out there in the late-2020s

I give it 2019. and an announcement christmas 2018
JJBers

« Reply #461 on: November 02, 2017, 09:00:40 PM »

Too soon, they got some more stores/money they can bleed.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #462 on: November 02, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »

More and More its "last Kmart" in this or that area.
JJBers

« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2017, 06:51:18 AM »

That's true, but that doesn't mean their that close yet. There's still Kmarts in Palmer, MA. (That's a small city of 10,000)

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #464 on: November 03, 2017, 07:27:17 AM »

That's true, but that doesn't mean their that close yet. There's still Kmarts in Palmer, MA. (That's a small city of 10,000)

ITS Pathetic when it gest to that and now they are starting to pull out of states like RI and alabama and are near out of South Dakota, NEbraska and Utah. and many parts of Florida, and wll have 3 left in TEXAS! 15 yrs ago they pulled out of DAllas and Houston. only 2 left in MS AND AK. this is like Woolworth where the y closed them all in waves and had 400 left before closing.
JJBers

« Reply #465 on: November 03, 2017, 10:29:58 AM »

ITS Pathetic when it gest to that and now they are starting to pull out of states like RI and alabama and are near out of South Dakota, NEbraska and Utah. and many parts of Florida, and wll have 3 left in TEXAS! 15 yrs ago they pulled out of DAllas and Houston. only 2 left in MS AND AK. this is like Woolworth where the y closed them all in waves and had 400 left before closing.
There's only three in Connecticut and in all different areas of the state.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #466 on: November 03, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »

there is only 4 in NH where I live and all scattered in NH. in west Lebanon, Rochester, Salem and Hooksett. 3 in CT? no surprise as it never was a major marke for them due to Bradlees and Caldor. even the one on 34th st in NYC is in bad shape.  the only one left in NEBRASKA as of Jan is going to be a small town Alliance where the Kmart is the size of Watertowns but that too has a shopko express. only one in UTAH is on the AZ border in ST GEORGES. all in Salt lake city closed. Why is it after this wave none n ALABAMA, they had 30 at one pt.
JJBers

« Reply #467 on: November 03, 2017, 11:25:09 AM »

there is only 4 in NH where I live and all scattered in NH. in west Lebanon, Rochester, Salem and Hooksett. 3 in CT? no surprise as it never was a major marke for them due to Bradlees and Caldor. even the one on 34th st in NYC is in bad shape.  the only one left in NEBRASKA as of Jan is going to be a small town Alliance where the Kmart is the size of Watertowns but that too has a shopko express. only one in UTAH is on the AZ border in ST GEORGES. all in Salt lake city closed. Why is it after this wave none n ALABAMA, they had 30 at one pt.
Good ol' Walmart not being far away in Arkansas.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #468 on: November 03, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »

I guessed that as Walmart kicks butt in the south. I Feel Kmart is in BAD SHAPE! and almost all ther stores havent been renovated in 25 yrs
JJBers

« Reply #469 on: November 03, 2017, 09:06:44 PM »

I guessed that as Walmart kicks butt in the south. I Feel Kmart is in BAD SHAPE! and almost all ther stores havent been renovated in 25 yrs
Well, if there's one Kmart that you should visit if you live in New England or New York, it's the Watertown, CT location, which has pulled off it's retro look for many years, here's a photo:

Kmart; Watertown, CT by The Caldor Rainbow, on Flickr

I'll be checking it out Sunday.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #470 on: November 03, 2017, 09:08:17 PM »

Well, if there's one Kmart that you should visit if you live in New England or New York, it's the Watertown, CT location, which has pulled off it's retro look for many years, here's a photo:

I have been to it before and it was SMALL BUT BUSY.
JJBers

« Reply #471 on: November 03, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »

Oh cool. I probably will only be there for a few minutes before heading home. I'll be going to the Brass Mill Center before stopping there too. (That mall contains a Sears)

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

Brammy
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #472 on: November 04, 2017, 06:38:42 AM »

Oh cool. I probably will only be there for a few minutes before heading home. I'll be going to the Brass Mill Center before stopping there too. (That mall contains a Sears)

You should ask whomever is taking you out there to take you to the Southbury KMART. I think they're still having their Going out of Business sale. Also while at the mall see  if you can get some pictures of the huge junk store they have there called Shopper's World. (It's the only one in Connecticut). Make sure you check out the adjacent co-owned Brass Mill Commons. They have a Toys R Us there. And if you do go to The Commons try and grab some pictures of Ulta Beauty and Five Below. Both took over part (or all) of The former Office Max.

I like Brass Mill Mall alright. Some people complain about it because it's in the ghetto. I went to high school in the ghetto (EC Goodwin Tech in New Britain), so it doesn't bother me at all. (That area of New Britain has since been cleaned up nicely). Usually no one bothers me at The Brass Mill Mall, but once when I was sitting in the food court waiting for a buddy of mine to get his food, some random weirdo sat down with me to discuss religion with me. You're lucky that you're still a teenager, so presumably you will have an adult with you and you won't have to worry about that happening to you.

~Marc B~
Southington, Connecticut
JJBers

« Reply #473 on: November 04, 2017, 07:11:40 AM »

You should ask whomever is taking you out there to take you to the Southbury KMART. I think they're still having their Going out of Business sale. Also while at the mall see  if you can get some pictures of the huge junk store they have there called Shopper's World. (It's the only one in Connecticut). Make sure you check out the adjacent co-owned Brass Mill Commons. They have a Toys R Us there. And if you do go to The Commons try and grab some pictures of Ulta Beauty and Five Below. Both took over part (or all) of The former Office Max.

I like Brass Mill Mall alright. Some people complain about it because it's in the ghetto. I went to high school in the ghetto (EC Goodwin Tech in New Britain), so it doesn't bother me at all. (That area of New Britain has since been cleaned up nicely). Usually no one bothers me at The Brass Mill Mall, but once when I was sitting in the food court waiting for a buddy of mine to get his food, some random weirdo sat down with me to discuss religion with me. You're lucky that you're still a teenager, so presumably you will have an adult with you and you won't have to worry about that happening to you.
Ehhh, I'm probably not going to. I barely convinced them to go to Watertown, and Southbury is even more out of the way from Plantsville.

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #474 on: November 04, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »

Shopko Express never had stores outside Wisconsin. Shopko had either regular-sized discount stores or Shopko Hometown stores in Wisconsin and the surrounding states.

Watertown, South Dakota has a regular-sized Shopko store.

JJBers

« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2017, 05:18:15 PM »

Shopko Express never had stores outside Wisconsin. Shopko had either regular-sized discount stores or Shopko Hometown stores in Wisconsin and the surrounding states.

Watertown, South Dakota has a regular-sized Shopko store.
He's referring to the Watertown, Connecticut Kmart size compared to the Alliance's Kmart

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

JJBers

« Reply #476 on: November 05, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »

Well, I went at 10:30 on a Sunday, and it was pretty quiet. Photos:

Kmart (Watertown, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr

Flickr
Eastern CT Retail

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: