Started by Caldor1999, May 13, 2005, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

joann fabrics wallingford ct in staples plaza

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

jo ann fabrics in ashtabula oh in the mall.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
jo ann fabrics in ashtabula oh in the mall.

ashtabula mall one

HoJofan206

Former Children's Palace turned Best Buy turned Jo Ann Fabrics.

XISMZERO

Here's a Jo-Ann Fabrics lost in time in Keene, New Hampshire! Note the rare 70's signage still in tact!
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Another picture, Jo-Ann Fabrics (front) at Keene's West Street Shopping Center. Both this and above pictures taken November 2006.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Another picture, Jo-Ann Fabrics (front) at Keene's West Street Shopping Center. Both this and above pictures taken November 2006.
Lookes like a old grand union
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999Lookes like a old grand union

The entire plaza looks like that. Check out more of it at my page: http://thecaldorrainbow.blogspot.com/2006/11/west-street-shopping-center-keene-new.html
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

jo-ann in jamestown / lakewood ny in chataqua mall

XISMZERO

Here's the Jo-Ann Fabrics on Wolcott St., Waterbury, CT. As you can tell, it was a former Kmart subidiary, K-Foods store. The K-Mart, still operative, sits beside it.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

It appears this is where the other Jo-Ann Fabrics was in Waterbury right across the street from where the one inside a former K-Foods. Also on Wolcott St., behind the former Naugatuck Valley Mall (since converted to outdoor "Shopping Center" format) in a distressed "Mall View Plaza". The store is vacant, and has a label scar and seems to be located in an odd location.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

AmesNewington

The Jo Ann Etc. Superstore in Newington is being added on to. I think this may be for another retailer, or maybe it's for Jo Ann's. The addition is going on to the side facing the turnpike. This was the former Lechmere. I think the entire building which houses Jo Ann's and Big Lots is being renovated to look sort of like the rest of the newly designed plaza. We'll see. I love it when something interesting happens in Newington. It's sure to please!

TRU7536

Yeah their expanding jo anns buidling. It was approved at the time when modells and tgif fridays was being built. I think its going to house smaller stores bc it isn't for jo anns. Their also going to remodel the whole buidling to because its old and outdated. I work out at planet fitness and stay on top of the construction.

KmartDanny09

here is my mom's Jo-Ann Store (she is one of the managers)

In a plaza with Murray's, Leslie's Pools, Family Dollar, Harbor Frieght Tools and Savers...

Opened in '70s/'80s.

Frost in windows was added during the "refresh" (remodel).

The interior of the store has been updated and remodeled, which happened from July to Sept. of last year.

Interior pictures to follow!!

Mobil

The Jo-Ann near me opened in 1972 and closed in 2002 with the old logo. There was a former Acme in this plaza.

Marc82

Former Joann's (now relocated and expanded Dollar Tree) Southington, CT. Pic taken today 2/21/09. Spot was originally Queen Street Twin Cinemas. Jo Ann's closed in 03 or 04.

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Here's a Jo-Ann Fabrics lost in time in Keene, New Hampshire! Note the rare 70's signage still in tact!

The one in Painted Post, NY has this logo, in a plaza with a vacant Ames.

ynkeesfn82

Couldn't find a thread on Joann Fabric & Crafts other than a post from 4 years ago that they were closing 20 stores. In the past several years in Connecticut they closed Torrington, Southington, and Cromwell. The one in Southington became a relocated Dollar Tree in 2005. The still have a lot of stores and the 3 closest to me are in Bristol (in Big Lots Plaza), Newington (also in Big Lots Plaza), and in Waterbury (in the KMART Plaza). The one in Waterbury previously was located in The Mall View Plaza behind the now demolished Naugatuck Valley Mall.

Talking to the property manager at Shoprite Plaza in Southington last night he said Joann's was looking at the former Bernie's store.

http://www.joann.com/

getemngo

That's interesting to hear about the closings. I was under the impression that they were doing pretty well nowadays.

All the stores I've seen in western and northern Michigan have moved to new, larger, more visible locations in the past two or three years.  In the Grand Rapids area: the store on 28th St. relocated from a dying strip mall to a former Linens 'N Things in Centerpointe Mall.* Like your Southington, there's a relocated Dollar Tree in its place now.  :)  The very old store on Alpine moved from a standalone building into half of a former Best Buy.  And they're building a brand new JoAnn in a big box center in Grandville, opening this year.

The store up in long-forgotten Sault Ste. Marie is moving from a Big Lots/Save A Lot-anchored plaza into 1/4 of a former Walmart.

*This store in Centerpointe is by far the largest JoAnn I've been in, maybe 3 times as big as the old store, and until the mall was de-malled, it had two entrances.  But it's still called JoAnn Fabrics. Is there a difference between JoAnn Fabrics and JoAnn Etc, or is Etc. just an old name they've retired?

cdavid991

I like the Joann Fabrics in Bristol the best.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: cdavid991 on June 22, 2013, 07:41:10 AM
I like the Joann Fabrics in Bristol the best.

I've never been in there, but I've looked into the store from the outside and it looks pretty dated in there. (I felt awkward enough going inside a AC Moore), I really don't understand why they don't break through the wall of the adjacent vacant store and expand. It would give them roughly an additional 3,500 Sqaure Feet of Space. That whole plaza where they are needs a major overhaul.

ynkeesfn82

It's official Joann Fabric & Crafts is opening in the old Bernie's in Southington, CT. Rumor has it the Bristol one will close.

BillyGr

They are also opening a store in part of the Hudson/Greenport (NY) Ames.  Its the center portion, formerly a Yankee $1 store.  Not sure when it's opening, but the sign is up.

Just FYI, that Ames is now three stores - a Peebles on the right, the JoAnn in the middle and a Planet Fitness on the left side.

Ames Newington

I didn't realize JoAnn's was still opening new locations. It's good for Southington though. They don't have Michael's and they could go to Plainville for AC Moore. But having a close option is good. It looks like Southington is turning in to a one stop shopping destination again.

Any word on how Price Chopper is doing these days?

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Ames Newington on September 10, 2013, 12:55:12 PM
I didn't realize JoAnn's was still opening new locations. It's good for Southington though. They don't have Michael's and they could go to Plainville for AC Moore. But having a close option is good. It looks like Southington is turning in to a one stop shopping destination again.

Any word on how Price Chopper is doing these days?

AC Moore and Michael's don't sell Fabric. Walmart stopped selling fabric. Target doesn't sell fabric either. There are a lot of seniors in Southington and a lot of seniors use fabric. Plus apparently they're doing a big thing in a class at Southington High School that involves fabric.

As for Price Chopper, I ran into the hiring manager that hired me back in 2006 when I was shopping there a few weeks ago. She says BJs and Shoprite which opened in November 2010 have definitely hurt Price Chopper.

ynkeesfn82

Southington, Connecticut will be opening in early 2014!!!!

Torrington, Connecticut is also getting a Joann's again! Not sure where it will be located however.

bubcolbert1952

Why do Jo-Ann stores all seem to have a very loud chime that rings with every time the door opens?