Linens and Things

Started by Caldor1999, May 13, 2005, 08:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by KmartDanny09
Aren't they going out of business?

The company filed for bankruptcy and is only closing 120 stores
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Mobil

I found a Caldor cart at the Linens 'n Things in Downingtown, PA, a former A.C. Moore.

momof3

I  just heard linens and Things is GOB!!!!!

momof3

Tried to copy the link, I actually went on to a local TV station I was told reported it last night, Its WTNH here in CT

Lastdaysofrain

the Store Locator on their web site seems to be out of comission.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
LNT to close its doors

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=9184003

wow there go's another one i guess this will have to be moved to the closed stores section soon
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

AmesNewington

The Connecticut Commons in Plainville CT is always losing a store, specifically in one building in the plaza. Last year, it was KB Toy Works and now it's Linens 'n' Things. Famous Footwear lost it's neighboring tenants within a year. Unless Toy Works was replaced by something, Famous Footwear will be alone in that portion of the shopping center. It's sad.

NJxxJon

So far (as from 3 days ago.) The L and N G O B sale sucks. 10% is NOT SAVING.
JN

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
So far (as from 3 days ago.) The L and N G O B sale sucks. 10% is NOT SAVING.

I think i've seen 30% somewhere, but still, it's not that big of a deal.  It will be better later.

Anyone with pictures of the GOB sale??

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
The Connecticut Commons in Plainville CT is always losing a store, specifically in one building in the plaza. Last year, it was KB Toy Works and now it's Linens 'n' Things. Famous Footwear lost it's neighboring tenants within a year. Unless Toy Works was replaced by something, Famous Footwear will be alone in that portion of the shopping center. It's sad.

KB was replaced by Sleepys. Somehow they managed to weasle there way into that spot. They were originally supposed to join Marshall's in the old Levitz store front. The remaining portion of the Levitz store front remains vacant, but right now it's a Halloween Warehouse. They had to downsize from last year. Last year they took the entire Levitz spot. Obviously since Marshall's took most of the space they couldn't this year.

patk

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I think i've seen 30% somewhere, but still, it's not that big of a deal.  It will be better later.

i will try to get a pic of the 1 nere me :yup:

ameskmart1

Here's a picture of the one near me in Boise, Idaho
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1

Are you Caldorwards4 from Wikipedia?

ameskmart1

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
QuoteOriginally posted by ameskmart1

Are you Caldorwards4 from Wikipedia?

Yeah

dmx10101

Recently closed LNT in Buford, GA

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Caldor1999

someone should move this to the closed section
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Mobil

The older Linens 'N Things in Freehold, NJ, opened in 1990. They changed their logo in 1999.

NJxxJon

The older Linens 'N Things in Freehold, NJ, opened in 1990. They changed their logo in 1999.

Thats not the same now.........LOL....Campus Bound? That would still have worked in the 2000s! ...That area is now weird.....and useless....bestbuy is worthless (in that area)
JN

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon

Thats not the same now.........LOL....Campus Bound? That would still have worked in the 2000s! ...That area is now weird.....and useless....bestbuy is worthless (in that area)  

This photo was actually taken in 2001. How is the area weird now?

CTAmeshopper

Maybe more empty? less stores? IDK.

wwefan101

they finlay took the sings off the millbury one but who nows what i will be  or how long it will stay empty  this is the frist store to shut down in this shoping  center next curict city lets hop they keep the moive thater wich might be sold wich is a nice 14 screen theater

TRU7536

We should move this to the closed chain thread, since their gone.

Caldor1999

heres the one in port chester ny when it was still open use to be a pergament before then and is also in the same shopping center that was home to caldor
Caldor Forever!

GothicPrincess

It's pretty sad that they just built the Wal-mart supercenter plaza in greensburg, PA just a few short years ago in the old Greengate Mall space, they had a Linen's N Things in there with Joann Fabrics and PetCo all on one side, a really LARGE right side of the strip, and it's just sitting there empty now. I was up that way today when I got a pic of Gabes 2 plazas over, but didn't think to get a shot of LNT. When I'm up that way again I'll get pictures of everything I can. And if they decide to put something in there I'll let you know. By the way, we're finally getting a Sonic in Greensburg..........to be continued in a Sonic thread....peace.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

NeverBeenToAnAmes

If you want suckage for a shopping center, in Massapequa, NY there was a Linen's and Things next door to a Circuit City so 2 huge locations gone at the same time.

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by NeverBeenToAnAmes
If you want suckage for a shopping center, in Massapequa, NY there was a Linen's and Things next door to a Circuit City so 2 huge locations gone at the same time.

That seems like a fairly common combination, probably how they built them in the 80's.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by NeverBeenToAnAmes

i should try and take pictures of it my sister lives near there
Caldor Forever!

GothicPrincess

closed Linens N Things in Monroeville, PA. we did a drive by but I managed a shot. The sign on the building is next to a Joann Fabrics sign...
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Zayre88

Former Linens'n Things in Augusta, Maine, between Home Depot and Old Navy: