Heartland/Heartland Drug!

Started by TRU7536, May 13, 2005, 11:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

Does anyone remember this grocery store? There was one in Newington, my parents use to love this palce! in the same plaza, their was alos a heartland drug! Stop and Shop bought the chain out and closed all of them in 1997. The newington one is now a Raymor and flanigan furniture store and the drug sore is also Best Buy. The heartland in Manchester CT is still empty and you can see the fading of their name still on the building!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
Does anyone remember this grocery store? There was one in Newington, my parents use to love this palce! in the same plaza, their was alos a heartland drug! Stop and Shop bought the chain out and closed all of them in 1997. The newington one is now a Raymor and flanigan furniture store and the drug sore is also Best Buy. The heartland in Manchester CT is still empty and you can see the fading of their name still on the building!

YUK! I hate Raymore and Flanigan and their cheesey commercials!:P

OH what does Heartland's logo look like?:bounce:

PRoy

Heartland was owned by Purity Supreme, it was there "warehouse" store. Some were converted to regular Purity Supremes before Purity went out of business or more accurately i guess was bought by others.

Crawford

Wow, I thought only I remembered this place. The one I knew of was in Seekonk and actually was one of the first stores in the brand new Seekonk Square shopping center in the early 80's. Grand opening people were lined up outside the building. Prices were pretty decent.  Heartland drugstore was several stores down. Heartland converted to Purity Supreme then went back to being Heartland then became Stop & Shop. Stop & Shop closed this store when they took over the vacant A & P up the road. The market remained empty until it was bulldozed for a Kohl's. The pharmacy closed years ago, was demolished and resurrected as a Best Buy
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

d_fife

vacant heartland in manchester CT on tolland turnpike.

XISMZERO

That Heartland Drug has been vacant for a few years now. I visited that location a while back and I'm not very surprised to see it still vacant.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
That Heartland Drug has been vacant for a few years now. I visited that location a while back and I'm not very surprised to see it still vacant.

I was there last thursday and it was vacant then. nothing can come in as Shaw's and stop and shop where and another stop and shop where all less than 10 minutes from this site.

JimSawhill

Quote from: d_fife on July 26, 2006, 06:49:20 PM

What is there now, anything??

JJBers

Quote from: JimSawhill on October 28, 2017, 10:39:42 PM
Quote from: d_fife on July 26, 2006, 06:49:20 PM

What is there now, anything??
It's now a BJ's that I don't care about.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)